+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dei Gratia for DW

Dei Gratia for DW

This is a DW conversion for dharper's Dei Gratia mod.

Compatible with DW 5.1 12 July:
    Dei Gratia 25.8.12.rar

The Original DG also contained some unused screens for the cardinal and HRE screens. Scocou has performed the necessary configuration to use them, you can view them here.
    Dei Gratia artwork.rar

Note that this mod was made for IN, I have updated it so that it will run with the features introduced in HttT and DW. However there are many inconsistencies in the event and decision files that, whilst not game breaking, will need fixing. As I do not play the mod itself (I converted it to include bits in a different mod) I will likely not spot quite a few problems, so please post any issues you come across, and if you can and have the time a solution too .

I will stress that I have added no actual content to the mod and all credit should go to dharper who produced this wonderful thing. Also credit is due to mate0815 who has helped a lot with the conversion.

Changelog:

25/Aug/'12
    -added 14/07/11 fix
    -added Camara's localisation fix in event 551642 and crash fix in event 551601

12/July/'11
    -setup events are now called from the history files
    -new domestic panel with a touch more room - mainly to properly display the DG advisers.
    -new event window with more room for the lengthy descriptions DG adds.
    -common/rebell_types.txt, common/static_modifiers.txt: inserted new values from the last 3 beta-patches.
    -now it is also possible to play countries with zoroastrian or jewish religion from start without spamming "True Faith" -> wasn´t implemented at original DG
    -wrong modifier de_heretico_comburendo fixed -> name was changed in DW, so it became buggy.
    -localisation/DG_religion.csv: replace a wrong $ with § for dharmic havens desc to make it correct shown ingame.

24/June/'11
    -updated for 21 June beta.
    -Avignon now visible to TUR
    -hussite rebels falg added
    -some clean up of events
    -should now be able to play non-game-start religions without getting true faith event spam.

03/June/'11:
    -Updated for 17th May patch
    -Included mate0815's changes:
    --Excommunication CB will now work properly.
    --Crusades will be named correctly.
    --Fixed Khalifah decision
    --Fixed spamming "$PROVINCECULTURE$ Heathens"
    --Reduced startup relations bonuses for devout countries
    --Reduced setup time

04/May/'11:
    -Link won't die.
    -Fixed a few minor things:
    --Papal Curia, Deadlocked Conclave and Abdicated no longer recieve a dynasty name.
    --The above no longer lose a letter on either side of their name in the history log.
    --Fixed up the orthodox icon so you can read the letters on it.
    --Reduced spam from "Tithes" and "Church leadership" in the triggered modifiers panel.
    Last edited by Keinwyn; 25-08-2012 at 21:00.

Downloading right now, I cant wait to try.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

WONDERFUL! finally I can add dei gratia to MCP

Thank you
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

When I try to run, it crashes. It crashes on loading map sprites
    Last edited by starwarsfan541; 19-04-2011 at 17:14.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Well this was... quick.
    "Gentlemen, if this man [Frederick the Great] were still alive I would not be here,"
    -Napoleon Bonaparte, after defeating Prussia.

NINJA

Sometimes I think about living in different periods of history, and then I realize that there would be no Central Heating, and I stop thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan541 View Post
    When I try to run, it crashes. It crashes on loading map sprites
    Are you using a clean vanilla?

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: its me who doesn't have a clean vanilla It stopped working when I put it in a fresh install.

Edit2: Ok I did have a clean install, just had a few gfx files pointing to other mod folders. fixed now, please try again
    Last edited by Keinwyn; 19-04-2011 at 18:04.

You are my hero for doing this.

It works now, looks great thanks.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

did I mention how awesome dei gratia is. The original modder is a genius. I cant wait to use this in MCP
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great, thanks, will make my work easier.
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Fantastic, I totally oversaw this thread!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Im getting some error, the site just forwards me towards the main page, cant dowload. Can you please upload somewhere else?
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

same , link is dead ...
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

My apologies, I didn't have an account with them so it died after 7 days non-use. Fixed now.

Also fixed a few minor things. I will point out that I don't actually play the mod itself, I ported it to DW so I can incorporate parts of it into my personal mod.

As such there could be quite a few issues I don't pick up on. However if you report them I'll try find some time to fix them. Or alternatively provide a fix yourself and i'll add the solution to the download on the first post - with the original modder absent this is essentially a community project

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Keinwyn View Post
    My apologies, I didn't have an account with them so it died after 7 days non-use. Fixed now.
    You can also upload the file here to the forum, that way everyone can easily access it. I much prefer that over file sharing sites.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

thx for updating.

some small things:

- after the "bribe cardinals for curia influence"-mechanics is gone with dw, some changes are sensefull. i adopted the "send_papal_delegate"-decision from vanilla (decisions/religion.txt) into DG and give the defender_of_faith modifier a small missionary-bonus to reflect his better influence to the pope by adding
    missionary = 0.25
    to the common/static_modifiers.txt

- for moddeling the excommunication wars i suggest to rework the prerequesits of excommunicated cb at common/cb_types to
    Code:
    prerequisites = {

OR = {
    		THIS = {
    			excommunicated = yes
    			religion = catholic
    		}
    		THIS = {
    			has_country_flag = excommunicated
    			religion = catholic
    		}
    	}
    		religion = catholic
    		excommunicated = no
                    NOT = { has_country_flag = excommunicated }
    }
    instead of giving an other cb via event.

- it seems, there is something wrong with the excommunication-events. no idea, what happens, but in my last game, i was excommunicated by a pope controlled by me, ´cause i was the curia_controller and the defender_of_faith. such thing should be excluded...

more comes with time...
    Last edited by mate0815; 13-05-2011 at 17:39.
    EU4-MOD:
    HaREM: Heirs and Rulers Education Mod (English & German)

Deutsch statt Paradoxisch?
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU IV: Community-Deutschkorrektur
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EUIII (inkl. Erweiterungen): Deutsch_0.4, Deutsch_IN_v3.00, Deutsch_HttT_v4.10 oder Deutsch_DW_v5.17
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU:ROME und EU:R Vae Victis / ROME:Gold: EUR_deutsch_v1.1 oder EUR_deutsch_v2.34
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Victoria II: VIC2_DeutschKorrektur v0.16, AHD_DeutschKorrektur v2.05 und HoD_DeutschKorrektur v3.02
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Sengoku: Sengoku_DeutschKorrektur v0.30

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Im having some problems, when i apply files, both the provincial and country religions get double size religion picture. It looks like the image is double sized, so it shows 2 religions instead of one. For example Catholics show what i think is Reformed as well (both crosses right next to each other) and Sunni show Confucian sign (as first) and Sunni (i think) right beside it. Any idea what can cause this? (i am trying to modify my own personal mod, but that shouldnt be the issue i think?)
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    You can also upload the file here to the forum, that way everyone can easily access it. I much prefer that over file sharing sites.
    The unfortunate side of that is that users are limited to 10MB of forum storage for uploads and this mod would take half of that. He may have other things he wants to upload besides this. I'm already over 50% with the various things I have uploaded (and I don't really want to remove any).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

mateo815 - I'll take a look at that section and add your suggestion when I get a chance, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Im having some problems, when i apply files, both the provincial and country religions get double size religion picture. It looks like the image is double sized, so it shows 2 religions instead of one. For example Catholics show what i think is Reformed as well (both crosses right next to each other) and Sunni show Confucian sign (as first) and Sunni (i think) right beside it. Any idea what can cause this? (i am trying to modify my own personal mod, but that shouldnt be the issue i think?)
    I don't want to check now if its a problem with the mod tight now, but I suspect it is simply because you have forgotten to change how many frames the image has in the gfx files.

Also do you want all the religions that are in dei gratia? or just the graphics for the original religions? If you only want the original religions you'll have to remove the new ones' icons as they are allocated by the order they appear in religions.txt IIRC - and this woldn't require any changes in the gfx files.

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

next round. i´ve noticed spamming "Heathens"-event and some trouble with the Khalifah-decission and some smaller things.

1. spamming "$PROVINCECULTURE$ Heathens"
    it is a result of missing defs for flag-clearing for taoist (and later judaic) countries. also the event doesn´t work in a proper way for occupied provinces, so its senseful to exclude not controlled provinces (changes in red, file: events/DG_Conversion.txt):
    Code:
    province_event = { #$PROVINCECULTURE$ Heathens
    id = 591003
    trigger = {
    	NOT = { has_building = temple }
            controlled_by = owner
    option = {
    	name = "EVTOPTA591003"
    	#Effects are invisible
    	revolt_risk = 2
    	owner = { 
    		set_country_flag = heathen_effects 
    		random_owned = {
    			limit = { owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 9 } } }
    			owner = { prestige = 0.006 }
    			}
    		random_owned = { 
    			limit = { owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 5 } NOT = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 9 } } } }
    			owner = { prestige = 0.004 }
    			}
    		random_owned = { 
    			limit = { owner = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 1 } NOT = { check_variable = { which = "religious_fervor" value = 5 } } } }
    			owner = { prestige = 0.002 }
    			}
    		any_owned = {
    			limit = { 
    				OR = {
    					AND = {
    						owner = { religion_group = christian }
    						NOT = { religion_group = christian }
    						}
    					AND = {
    						owner = { religion_group = muslim }
    						NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
    						}
    					AND = {
    						owner = { religion_group = dharmic }
    						NOT = { religion_group = dharmic }
    						}
    					AND = {
    						owner = { religion_group = pagan }
    						NOT = { religion_group = pagan }
    						}
    					AND = {
    						owner = { religion_group = taoic }
    						NOT = { religion_group = taoic }
    						}
    					AND = {
    						owner = { religion_group = judaic }
    						NOT = { religion_group = judaic }
    						}
    					}
    				}
    			clr_province_flag = owner_christian
    			clr_province_flag = owner_muslim
    			clr_province_flag = owner_dharmic
    			clr_province_flag = owner_pagan
    			clr_province_flag = owner_judaic
    			clr_province_flag = owner_taoic
    			}
    the controlled_by -trigger is also senseful for the next event (Heathens temples).

2. Khalifah-decission:
    there are some bugs in decisions/DG_muslim.txt and events/DG_Islam.txt:
    - not excluding steppe-nomads bring timurids often into caliph-position,
    - the clearing-block removes the modifiers also from the starting-country, so it spams
    - the title "caliph" is given by setup to MAM with a country_flag which triggers all events and thats relative independend from the Khalifah-title
    - changed relationships to the caliph goes to MAM instead of the caliph-country

i try to rework the decision - now it works, and i hope in a way, dharper had in mind:
    Code:
    	the_khalifah = {
    		potential = {
    			has_country_flag = true_faith
    			not = { has_country_modifier = khalifah }
    			not = { has_country_flag = caliph }      # for shorter modifier-duration
    			OR = {
    				religion = sunni
    				religion = wahhabi
    				religion = ibadi
    				}
    			prestige = 0.25
    			num_of_cities = 5
    			nomad = no          #exclude the steppe_nomads from being caliph
    			}
    		allow = {
    			NOT = { is_subject = yes }
    			mil = 5
    			prestige = 0.5
    			owns = 385 #Mecca
    			OR = { 
    				owns = 384 #Medina
    				owns = 379 #Jerusalem
    				owns = 409 #Al Najaf
    				}
    			missionaries = 1
    			}
    		effect = {	
    			missionaries = -1
    			random_owned = { 
    				limit = { 
    					owner = { ai = no } 
    					has_global_flag = faction_setup_complete 
    					}
    				owner = { change_variable = { which = "clergy_mood" value = 10 } } #Moderate positive effect
    				}
    			add_country_modifier = {
    				name = "khalifah"
    				duration = 365          # only 1 year of double bonuses
    				}
    			set_country_flag = caliph  #rotates the flag to current caliph 1
    			any_country = {
    				limit = { 
                                            OR = {
                                                  has_country_modifier = khalifah
                                                  has_country_flag = caliph
                                                  } 
                                            num_of_cities = 1
                                            NOT = { capital_scope = { owned_by = THIS } }     #secure THIS of removing flags/modifiers
                                            }
    				relation = { who = THIS value = -100 }
    				remove_country_modifier = khalifah
    				clr_country_flag = caliph          #rotates the flag to current caliph 2
    				casus_belli = { target = THIS months = 12 type = cb_insult }
    				}
    and for excluding the cb for non-muslim defenders of faith in events/DG_Islam.txt:
    Code:
    country_event = { #A New Caliph
    id = 560009
    option = { 
    	name = "EVTOPTB560009" #Reject his authority over $COUNTRY$
    	random_owned = {
    		limit = { owner = { defender_of_faith = yes religion_group = muslim } }
    		owner = { 
    			any_country = { 
    				limit = { has_country_flag = caliph }
    				casus_belli = {
    					type = cb_insult
    					target = THIS
    					months = 12
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }

in common/religion.txt you forgot the CRUSADE_NAME defs in christian and muslim-group, so the warnames are broken. that was added with DW to the vanilla-file.

for balancing i tested reducing the huge relationship-bonuses for same religion-countries at SETUP-events and it seems, half of dharpers values do it in a proper way.

for your convinience, i added all my changes (including the suggestions from the former post) to the attached file. feel free to use it.

EDIT: remove attachement ´cause of new version.
    Last edited by mate0815; 03-06-2011 at 20:37. Reason: attachement removed
    EU4-MOD:
    HaREM: Heirs and Rulers Education Mod (English & German)

Deutsch statt Paradoxisch?
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU IV: Community-Deutschkorrektur
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EUIII (inkl. Erweiterungen): Deutsch_0.4, Deutsch_IN_v3.00, Deutsch_HttT_v4.10 oder Deutsch_DW_v5.17
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU:ROME und EU:R Vae Victis / ROME:Gold: EUR_deutsch_v1.1 oder EUR_deutsch_v2.34
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Victoria II: VIC2_DeutschKorrektur v0.16, AHD_DeutschKorrektur v2.05 und HoD_DeutschKorrektur v3.02
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Sengoku: Sengoku_DeutschKorrektur v0.30

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast