• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
CORE 0.50 for Arsenal of Democracy (0.50.21b)

This version will work with AoD 1.07 patch

It is designed to be played on normal / normal

Download the mod here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20237799/CORE2_0_5_0_21b.exe

Checksum is: XMMP

Code:
Changelog:

Corrected core_ussr.txt by Denniss
Corrected event_text.csv by ArmdChair
Japanese OOB (sub) by Cegorach

AI:
Some changes to USSR AI to get a better distribution of defending forces
Also lowered USSR garrison against Finnland in 1941
Increased AI chances for Barbarossa when all conditions are met
Removed requirement for GRE campaign to be over from Barbarossa
Modified triggers for GER YUG invasion
Increased AI chances for GER YUG invasion when all conditions are met
Improved Italian AI for garrison of Albania
Finnland will lower neutrality with a 10% per 7 day probability (not immediately)
Some modifications to German build AI
Minor improvements to Czech Axis AI

province.csv:
Increased Innsbruck, Klagenfurt and Graz infra by +10
Changed rounding for oil and rares (leading to worldwide reduction)
Interpreted IC rounding in favour of Germany in two provinces

misc.txt (as proposed by Dec):
Gearing bonus to 0.1
Retooling to 40/20
Supply usage land to 0.85/1.3/3 from 1/1.5/3

events:
disabled information event 1100008 "Schrodinger leaves" as it fires on each reload and often hangs up the game
Event has no effect anyway

-> CORE 0.50.21 for AoD

Mantis issues:
1740 Gameplay: clean up and trigger modifications by Historyman
910 .inc files: Polish OOB by Cegorach as approved by Dec

-> CORE 0.50.21b for AoD

Graphics packs (separate download):
CORE 0.4.9 Black & White graphics pack (137MB) - if needed rename into .exe
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.9 (170 MB) - if needed rename into .exe

And of course, the current version of Hagar´s travel guide:
"Download the CORE travel guide version 2.0, march 1st, 2011

We consider this a fairly mature version and Hagar is already working on cleaning up the graphics (since this is always drawn from my private installation which is a mix of b/w and colour).

The main areas of work:
The whole sequence of Yugoslavia / Greece / Barbarossa which had a certain tendency of being disrupted and delaying Barbarossa - better but not perfect
A complete rerun of oil and rare distribution, although this is not "new" in itself but just uses a better mathematical formula to reproduce the CORE 0.41 settings in 0.41.
Rares are now a lot rarer!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hey,

I have problems installing this game, I want to have it installed so I can use it with JSGM.
But it seems when installing there is a bit to complicated folder structure for me to get it to work with JSGM.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide?
I have my game and JSGM installed in "games/paradox../AOD"

I have no idea how to use JSGM but please be aware that CORE used mod-dir and mod-dir is now a lot better than it was in HOI2. So just install the game without JSGM. You will not loose any functionality and probably you can still use JSGM for all the other mods you have.

I have no idea how to use JSGM but please be aware that CORE used mod-dir and mod-dir is now a lot better than it was in HOI2. So just install the game without JSGM. You will not loose any functionality and probably you can still use JSGM for all the other mods you have.

But there is also AI changes (and gfx) outside the mod-core1 folder, so if I did install it in my normal folder I guess it will change the version?

But there is also AI changes (and gfx) outside the mod-core1 folder, so if I did install it in my normal folder I guess it will change the version?
No changes to vanilla files are made - just some empty placeholder files to ensure the files inside the mod folder are used properly. With a new 0.50 graphics installer the use of these placeholders should be greatly reduced - the devs made some .exe fixes and they are not required anymore for most graphics.

Playing as USA. I´ve built improved CFC as separate brigades. When I saved and loaded up again, all brigades are designated as pre-WW 1 and have those reduced values. This is bad enough already, but in addition you can no longer upgrade those brigades, which means I actually have to scrap them. Not a real gamebreaker, but a nuisance nonetheless.

Playing as USA. I´ve built improved CFC as separate brigades. When I saved and loaded up again, all brigades are designated as pre-WW 1 and have those reduced values. This is bad enough already, but in addition you can no longer upgrade those brigades, which means I actually have to scrap them. Not a real gamebreaker, but a nuisance nonetheless.
Hmm, sounds more like a problem in the .exe than in our mod.

If it is an AoD exe problem, there is no quick fix for it. Certainly nothing we can do.

Hard as it sounds, don´t build separate naval brigades. The other option is save game editing ....

Playing as Japan, it is apparently possible to put 2 brigades on cruisers(in the same time I mean), that is the regular fire control brigade and the "japanese cruiser" brigade. I would like to know if this was WAD, or you're supposed to use only the japanese cruiser brigade.

That's not WAD - a JAP player is supposed to use only the JAP cruiser brigades. Sadly we can't fully deactivate the standard cruiser brigades. We're evaluating a fix for this with 0.51 - one of the ides is to use the standard brigade for JAP with the JAP cruiser brigade as a separate version to upgrade or degrade the stats to the previous JAP cruiser brigade.

Have the correct checksum, but when I start the game as ger, ita or uk it crashes.
Can someone hlep

Are you using AoD patch 1.07? It will crash with anything else (except 1.06b3)

That's not WAD - a JAP player is supposed to use only the JAP cruiser brigades. Sadly we can't fully deactivate the standard cruiser brigades. We're evaluating a fix for this with 0.51 - one of the ides is to use the standard brigade for JAP with the JAP cruiser brigade as a separate version to upgrade or degrade the stats to the previous JAP cruiser brigade.

You can limit the available brigade amount to 1 for cruisers in misc.txt, seems the most reasonable idea to me.

Two brigades for cruisers is fine, the option to install cruiser fire control and japanese cruiser fire control at the same time is not. You'll also get an "unknown string wanted" in the build menu when hovering over the cruiser fire control.
The second slot is needed for AA cruiser conversion.

In another game as Germany, Italy doesn't support its African divisions with supplies. However oil is convoyed in. I loaded up as Italy. There are >500 convoys available and when I unpause the according convoys are created. It seem the AI isn't able to create new supply convoys. Any quick fix for this ? ;)
Savegame attached.
Edit: I stand corrected. As soon a Italy annexed Greek they started to supply their troops in Africa a little bit. However they still doesn't seem to be really committed to this, since the amounts of supply are a little bit low (never > 2,4 supplies )

Attachments

• save games.zip
    2,2 MB · Views: 36
Last edited: