+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Naval Pictures

Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

i feel odd posting a pic of a ship that wont even have aircraft when its launched andd even then they changed it to diesel instead of nuclear-in the game will it have limited range? and more over will there be ship to ship reafueling

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    We're not operating with limited ranges of ships or ship-to-ship refueling in NWAC. The reason is that you will not conceivably get close to outrunning their range during any game session.

Quote Originally Posted by astute97 View Post

i feel odd posting a pic of a ship that wont even have aircraft when its launched andd even then they changed it to diesel instead of nuclear-in the game will it have limited range? and more over will there be ship to ship reafueling
    It's not diesel. It's an interated electric propulstion system. The same type of set up that the Type 45 runs which allows it to travel 7,000nm at 18 knots. Ie to America and back from the UK.

I would suggest you go to the website Navy Matters by Richard Bedell to read up on the propulsion of the carrier. It is a capable propulsion system and due to the catapaults being electrically powered the lack of a nuclear reactor to generate steam will not be a huge issue.

I stress while there are 4 Diesel engines it does NOT propel itself using Diesel engines due to the 32MW Gas Turbine Alternator

Its always nice to have Backup Power.

Even having a working Operation Area can Be nice. Or having just enough Power to keep working a Little AA.
    - Sir we are surrounded!

- Good, then we can fire in every direction.

Tactical consideration aboard a Narn cruiser.

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic Circle

I posted this a few pages back!

Astute97, please look at previous pages before repeating stuff.
    Last edited by imperialman; 20-09-2011 at 10:37. Reason: typo
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

Quote Originally Posted by tommo8993 View Post
    what are those corvettes?
    a royal navy global corvette
    Nope, they're Khareef class corvettes which are currently under construction for the Royal Navy of Oman and were touted for the now postponed C2 variant of the FSC programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloor View Post
    the QE will use American aircraft instead of Eurofighters
    Well, the F-35 is being jointly developed by Britain and a few other nations of course, the programme originated in the US but you can't definitively call them "American" aircraft.
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

Photos from Oscar II sub base.

Control room.

Sauna

Recreation room and pool

And a birdcage...

HMS Ark Royal

HMS Ark Royal (R09) was an Audacious-class aircraft carrier of the Royal Navy and, when she was decommissioned in 1978, was the Royal Navy's last remaining conventional catapult and arrested-landing aircraft carrier. She was the world's first aircraft carrier to be commissioned with an angled flight deck, preceding the first American carrier commissioned with this feature, USS Forrestal, by eight months.

Initially on entry into service, the ship had a complement of up to 50 aircraft comprising Sea Hawks, Sea Venoms, Gannets, Skyraiders and various helicopters. As later aircraft types grew in size and complexity, her air group fell to below 40 when she left service in 1978.

Aircraft operated over the life of the ship include:

Westland Wyvern
    Grumman Avenger
    McDonnell Douglas Phantom F-4K
    Blackburn Buccaneer (In my opinion, one of the worlds best naval strike aircraft)
    Supermarine Scimitar
    de Havilland Sea Vixen
    Westland Dragonfly
    Westland Sea King

Crusader Kings II500k club

HMS Hood

The Richelieu

HMS Vanguard
    Your life is your life donít let it be clubbed into dank submission.
    Be on the watch there are ways out.
    You canít beat death but you can beat death in life, sometimes.
    And the more often you learn to do it the more light there will be.
    Your life is your life.
    Know it while you have it.
    The gods wait to delight in you.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post

HMS Hood
    The caption under the picture says otherwise

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    It's Anson, just look at that quad turret. KGV class.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didnít want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

"Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    It's Anson, just look at that quad turret. KGV class.
    The 8th HMS Anson will be the 5th Astute class nuclear-powered fleet submarine of the Royal Navy. I love the naming tradition of most navies, recycling names.

Blog Entries
    How about rocket BBs.

"Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didnít want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

Last edited by CarlosM; 08-10-2011 at 00:26.

Blog Entries
    US navy... trimaran rocket frigate. Built for speed, designed after the USS Cole incident to operate near coast. Best part, it has MIW/ASW/SUW as changeable modules which you can pick and install depending on how you want to spend your evening.

The LCS programme has been a disaster, it could be accomplished with a reasonable OPV.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialman View Post
    The LCS programme has been a disaster, it could be accomplished with a reasonable OPV.
    Yes and no. Many of the missions could, but the specific parameters set down by the USN do require something like the LCS to accomplish.
    Whether those parameters are reasonable is of course an entirely different kettle of fish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast