• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This forum is quite strange. My post #221 appeared at the bottom of the previous page when I posted it, but now its on top of this page????

Did you quick reply?

Where's your pictures!!! :)

I read today Chinese have pushed their CV out of Dalian for a test ride for the first time. Blue water dreams coming true:

z10092273X,Lotniskowiec.jpg

Will they even be in the game? I mean Chinese navy.

China is rapidly moving towards joining the carrier club. Truly I have never felt so concerned for the Royal Navy and the ambitions of the RAF coupled with the political muck ups of the Government.

We should have had the Queen Elizabeth finishing build at the start of next year to enter service in 2013. With Prince of Wales entering service 2015...

Why does no one in the UK see the perfect sense in a Maritime aircraft focussed air power. Hell in a maritime focused defence FULL STOP!

That's been a good idea since 1066 - at least!

You'd never believe that if you came over here. All people care about is benefits and getting things for free... Or the precious NHS solving their Obesity, Alcoholism or Smoking problems... Last I looked a healthy active working individual needed none of the above and gave society as much as society gave them.

Anyways, I'm going to start ranting!!

Police from Scottish forces, including from my city Glasgow, have been sent down south to help in several English cities. The worst seems to be over luckily.

HMS Prince of Wales (old STOVL format) beside HMS Illustrious refitting at Rosyth. This gives a sense of scale between current and future RN carrier ability.
qe-class-aircraft-carrier-alongside-hms-illustrious-at-rosyth.jpg

Old STOVL rather than CATOBAR format again but still a nice image!
284686_10150756354440454_667910453_20162356_6125199_n.jpg

Imperialman,

I know they have done the math but I'm still really concerned she's not going to fit under the two bridges. She is rather huge and I just can't get rid of the sense of trepidation there!!

Imperialman,

I know they have done the math but I'm still really concerned she's not going to fit under the two bridges. She is rather huge and I just can't get rid of the sense of trepidation there!!

I'm sure they'll have back up plans, it can't be hard to make the highest mast fold-able I'd imagine.

Maybe they can also pump water into the bilges to make her sit lower in the waterline? Or just fill her with ballast (depends upon depth obviously!) - although the amount of weight that'd be need... crikey :D

Has comedy just arrived at your part of the world? :p

lol!!

Your not going to be able to have a foldable mast... Don't think that would hold structually. So long as they have got the math right it should be fine... The ford is plenty deep enough if they decide to way her down a little bit. That said, having lived in S.Queensferry it really does give you an idea of the scale of these ships!!