• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
QE_class_carrier.jpg

i feel odd posting a pic of a ship that wont even have aircraft when its launched andd even then they changed it to diesel instead of nuclear-in the game will it have limited range? and more over will there be ship to ship reafueling

QE_class_carrier.jpg

i feel odd posting a pic of a ship that wont even have aircraft when its launched andd even then they changed it to diesel instead of nuclear-in the game will it have limited range? and more over will there be ship to ship reafueling

It's not diesel. It's an interated electric propulstion system. The same type of set up that the Type 45 runs which allows it to travel 7,000nm at 18 knots. Ie to America and back from the UK.

I would suggest you go to the website Navy Matters by Richard Bedell to read up on the propulsion of the carrier. It is a capable propulsion system and due to the catapaults being electrically powered the lack of a nuclear reactor to generate steam will not be a huge issue.

I stress while there are 4 Diesel engines it does NOT propel itself using Diesel engines due to the 32MW Gas Turbine Alternator

Its always nice to have Backup Power.

Even having a working Operation Area can Be nice. Or having just enough Power to keep working a Little AA.

QE_class_carrier.jpg

I posted this a few pages back! :(

Astute97, please look at previous pages before repeating stuff. :)

Last edited:
what are those corvettes?

a royal navy global corvette

Nope, they're Khareef class corvettes which are currently under construction for the Royal Navy of Oman and were touted for the now postponed C2 variant of the FSC programme.

the QE will use American aircraft instead of Eurofighters

Well, the F-35 is being jointly developed by Britain and a few other nations of course, the programme originated in the US but you can't definitively call them "American" aircraft.

Photos from Oscar II sub base.

0_6a312_15a2ecbc_XL.jpg

0_6a05d_ba07c2a9_XL.jpg

0_6a047_fa6d6c4d_XL.jpg

Control room.

0_6a306_68077a51_XL.jpg

Sauna

0_6a30d_4b29dc4f_XL.jpg

Recreation room and pool

0_6a30e_188a1346_XL.jpg

And a birdcage...

0_6a308_153a23d0_XL.jpg

HMS Ark Royal

HMS Ark Royal (R09) was an Audacious-class aircraft carrier of the Royal Navy and, when she was decommissioned in 1978, was the Royal Navy's last remaining conventional catapult and arrested-landing aircraft carrier. She was the world's first aircraft carrier to be commissioned with an angled flight deck, preceding the first American carrier commissioned with this feature, USS Forrestal, by eight months.

Initially on entry into service, the ship had a complement of up to 50 aircraft comprising Sea Hawks, Sea Venoms, Gannets, Skyraiders and various helicopters. As later aircraft types grew in size and complexity, her air group fell to below 40 when she left service in 1978.

Aircraft operated over the life of the ship include:

Westland Wyvern
Grumman Avenger
McDonnell Douglas Phantom F-4K
Blackburn Buccaneer (In my opinion, one of the worlds best naval strike aircraft)
Supermarine Scimitar
de Havilland Sea Vixen
Westland Dragonfly
Westland Sea King

HMS_Ark_Royal_IV.jpg

100_2774.jpg

100_2775.jpg

CVAudaciousClassArkRoyal1977-4.png

DSC00213.JPG

0517366.jpg

4530544025.jpg

20060627232707_4_HMS_Ark_Royal_Bay_Of_Biscay_1977.jpg

17_HMS_Ark_Royal_North_Atlantic_July_76.jpg

arkroy7b.jpg

45.HMS%20Ark%20Royal%20and%20Mayflower%20from%20the%20air.jpg

Photo01bbAnson45.JPG

HMS Hood

WXMemoirGS00Richelieu.JPG

The Richelieu

Photo01bbVanguard2NP.jpg

HMS Vanguard

It's Anson, just look at that quad turret. KGV class.

It's Anson, just look at that quad turret. KGV class.

The 8th HMS Anson will be the 5th Astute class nuclear-powered fleet submarine of the Royal Navy. I love the naming tradition of most navies, recycling names.

How about rocket BBs.

Tomahawk%20launch.jpg

Last edited:
US navy... trimaran rocket frigate. Built for speed, designed after the USS Cole incident to operate near coast. Best part, it has MIW/ASW/SUW as changeable modules which you can pick and install depending on how you want to spend your evening.

[video=youtube;GpUfZvzH2Xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUfZvzH2Xc[/video]

The LCS programme has been a disaster, it could be accomplished with a reasonable OPV.