Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Victoria 2 - patch 1.3 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Roastbeef View Post
    I can understand some tweaks to the troop colonization bonus. Specifically, I would have preferred decreasing it a bit and trying to get the AI to use it more.

The problem with this now, is that there really isn't any race left, is there? The country that gets there first is the country that gets the province, just like in Vicky 1. No real need of enabling multiple countries to colonize in one place, even. I'd like to see some means of aiding speed, so that there is a possibility of a country jumping up from maybe as much as 20-25% behind. Let there be some excitement about it, without it being a game breaker...
    Yes, the fact that multiple nations can compete at colonisation is completely obsolete now. It also makes no sense, why would placing troops in a province NOT help pacify the natives in your favour? It was more historically correct that way. So the verdict must be laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Roastbeef View Post
    I can understand some tweaks to the troop colonization bonus. Specifically, I would have preferred decreasing it a bit and trying to get the AI to use it more.

The problem with this now, is that there really isn't any race left, is there? The country that gets there first is the country that gets the province, just like in Vicky 1. No real need of enabling multiple countries to colonize in one place, even. I'd like to see some means of aiding speed, so that there is a possibility of a country jumping up from maybe as much as 20-25% behind. Let there be some excitement about it, without it being a game breaker...
    I agree, there should be techs that increase the speed, or perhaps some element of randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by wexer9 View Post
    I agree, there should be techs that increase the speed, or perhaps some element of randomness.
    Actually there is an element of randomness, but it only kicks in when countries colonize within around 5% of the first one starting colonization.

There seems to be a crash issue when your literacy goes above 100%. Getting this every time out of 4 times I played.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

with Spain and Ecuador when i take there states the warscore required for one state is ~150

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    with Spain and Ecuador when i take there states the warscore required for one state is ~150
    It'll go down significantly once you are occupying those lands.

Any timetable for the Steam release yet? Every patch, I need to reinstall Vicky 3-5 times before the installer works.

Works now, I don't like the social network buttons though.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    It'll go down significantly once you are occupying those lands.
    it fell to like 60 when i occupied the state, seems harder to gobble spain tho

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    Sometimes a province even cost more than 100 warscore also while occupied. Especially götaland after 1900. However you are always able to get at least one demand once you have occupied completely.
    I really like state capitalism in vic2. A Party without can't stay in power.

My first AAR - The 3 nations of the world
    OMG, Chuck Norris @ wow spot and when MacGyver should ever make a commercial for wow I would play it again

Still waiting on steam patch

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocon View Post
    Still waiting on steam patch
    it is not necessary, you can do it from the launcher

and 1.2 patch is better than 1.3. i will revert back to it

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
    it is not necessary, you can do it from the launcher

and 1.2 patch is better than 1.3. i will revert back to it
    Seriously?
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

The SOI system seem completely useless since prestige rank bypass it. GB don't need a SOI at all , it just steal all it need in other GP SOI's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    The SOI system seem completely useless since prestige rank bypass it. GB don't need a SOI at all , it just steal all it need in other GP SOI's.
    No. Spheres go before prestige. Moreover , in theory at least, countries use the raw materials needed for their economy first and sell the rest to the WM, bought there according to prestige. A sphered nation on the other hand "feeds" the master before its own needs. If there is anything left it goes to the WM.

Hi,
    I'm hoping that the when the 1.3 patch is available on Steam it will iron out the "Old Vic" bug that misaligns all the tables and text. So at the moment i'm still on 1.2..........

Does anyone have a workaround for this bug so 1.3 will run with a more aesthetically pleasing style?!

Cheersy much!

Laundered.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrionMyrthar View Post
    My video seems all messed up since I upgraded last night to 1.3. Many columns no longer line up properly when I look at various screens (armies, in particular -- the cavalry icon is now below the infantry, overwrting the first infantry unit's name).

Anyone else seeing this? I've played with resolutions to no avail.
    This is the same problem i get, i think it is to do with one of the addons bought through Steam, I had to revert to 1.2 until it is solved........

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Laundered View Post
    Hi,
    I'm hoping that the when the 1.3 patch is available on Steam it will iron out the "Old Vic" bug that misaligns all the tables and text. So at the moment i'm still on 1.2..........

Does anyone have a workaround for this bug so 1.3 will run with a more aesthetically pleasing style?!

Cheersy much!

Laundered.
    IIRC a fix for it was officially launched.
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Wow!
    Where can i find this fix? I can't seem to find any links apart from the one to remove the old vic download entirely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Laundered View Post
    Wow!
    Where can i find this fix? I can't seem to find any links apart from the one to remove the old vic download entirely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...pability-Patch
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Sorry for asking but I'm relativly new to patch jobs so I am going to ask how do you install the patch (for instance do I want to run or save the file?)

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast