• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand some tweaks to the troop colonization bonus. Specifically, I would have preferred decreasing it a bit and trying to get the AI to use it more.

The problem with this now, is that there really isn't any race left, is there? The country that gets there first is the country that gets the province, just like in Vicky 1. No real need of enabling multiple countries to colonize in one place, even. I'd like to see some means of aiding speed, so that there is a possibility of a country jumping up from maybe as much as 20-25% behind. Let there be some excitement about it, without it being a game breaker...

Yes, the fact that multiple nations can compete at colonisation is completely obsolete now. It also makes no sense, why would placing troops in a province NOT help pacify the natives in your favour? It was more historically correct that way. So the verdict must be laziness.

I can understand some tweaks to the troop colonization bonus. Specifically, I would have preferred decreasing it a bit and trying to get the AI to use it more.

The problem with this now, is that there really isn't any race left, is there? The country that gets there first is the country that gets the province, just like in Vicky 1. No real need of enabling multiple countries to colonize in one place, even. I'd like to see some means of aiding speed, so that there is a possibility of a country jumping up from maybe as much as 20-25% behind. Let there be some excitement about it, without it being a game breaker...

I agree, there should be techs that increase the speed, or perhaps some element of randomness.

Any timetable for the Steam release yet? Every patch, I need to reinstall Vicky 3-5 times before the installer works.

Works now, I don't like the social network buttons though.

with Spain and Ecuador when i take there states the warscore required for one state is ~150

Sometimes a province even cost more than 100 warscore also while occupied. Especially götaland after 1900. However you are always able to get at least one demand once you have occupied completely.

it is not necessary, you can do it from the launcher

and 1.2 patch is better than 1.3. i will revert back to it

Seriously?

The SOI system seem completely useless since prestige rank bypass it. GB don't need a SOI at all , it just steal all it need in other GP SOI's.

No. Spheres go before prestige. Moreover , in theory at least, countries use the raw materials needed for their economy first and sell the rest to the WM, bought there according to prestige. A sphered nation on the other hand "feeds" the master before its own needs. If there is anything left it goes to the WM.

Hi,
I'm hoping that the when the 1.3 patch is available on Steam it will iron out the "Old Vic" bug that misaligns all the tables and text. So at the moment i'm still on 1.2..........

Does anyone have a workaround for this bug so 1.3 will run with a more aesthetically pleasing style?!

Cheersy much!

Laundered.:wacko:

My video seems all messed up since I upgraded last night to 1.3. Many columns no longer line up properly when I look at various screens (armies, in particular -- the cavalry icon is now below the infantry, overwrting the first infantry unit's name).

Anyone else seeing this? I've played with resolutions to no avail.

This is the same problem i get, i think it is to do with one of the addons bought through Steam, I had to revert to 1.2 until it is solved........

Hi,
I'm hoping that the when the 1.3 patch is available on Steam it will iron out the "Old Vic" bug that misaligns all the tables and text. So at the moment i'm still on 1.2..........

Does anyone have a workaround for this bug so 1.3 will run with a more aesthetically pleasing style?!

Cheersy much!

Laundered.:wacko:

IIRC a fix for it was officially launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.