• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have figured out what is causing the major problems so far with Darkest Hour port. The dissent problems are all caused by problems with the policy effects.csv file. The new policy effects file for DH has extra lines that are not used but when an event triggers that changes a slider the game goes crazy and adds very large value to every extra line that is normally not used. Thus IC increases 5000% and dissent increases 500000% and resource production and so forth. This will automatically trigger for AI nations every game and usually as Germany on the Hitler takes control event. The strange part is sometimes it will be fine as long as I dont save the game or load a saved game. If I save the game or load a saved game then the game will bug like this everytime the Hitler takes control event fires or any event fires that changes policies.

OK I got this suggestion from the DH team
"If you didn't make any change to that file for your mod, then simply copy Darkest Hour\db\policy_effects.csv in the \db\ folder of your mod, that should do the trick."

Since we did not include that file at all, as it was not part of the Mod Pack, but I assume now will be, can some of you guys try the following?

Copy Darkest Hour\db\policy_effects.csv

to

Darkest Hour\Mods\RDD\db\

and report back if it fixes the problem?

It would save me time as i have swaskitas to delete.

Now its even worse. :/ Policy sliders have sth like +23450000000000000000% research time, or +6239842398400000000000000000000000% org bonus at 4 January. We dont need to wait for Hitler takes power event anymore :/

Last edited:
OK I got this suggestion from the DH team
"If you didn't make any change to that file for your mod, then simply copy Darkest Hour\db\policy_effects.csv in the \db\ folder of your mod, that should do the trick."

Since we did not include that file at all, as it was not part of the Mod Pack, but I assume now will be, can some of you guys try the following?

Copy Darkest Hour\db\policy_effects.csv

to

Darkest Hour\Mods\RDD\db\

and report back if it fixes the problem?

It would save me time as i have swaskitas to delete.

Moxs602

I tried this and loaded as the USA....looks like it might have worked...the first time it didn't work, but I then started as Haiti and let it run and it worked....so then started as USA and it worked

And...then it didn't....

Seems weird....happens a lot with the economic crisis event too....at least it seems to...

Last edited:
Yes I did try copying that into the Mod folder as well and it still has the same issue. I even copied the policy effects.csv file from Kaissereich mod and I still have the same issue. So that leads me to believe it might be related to the events somehow. I have a theory that the problem is caused when an event makes a policy change if the slot is already maxed for some reason. Usually the event as Germany that causes the problem moves a slider that is already maxed and the game just goes crazy. I even went through and changed all the event files for Germany so that there was no slider move more than 2 and it still goes crazy. My only other theory is, is there a file that tells the mod where to look for the policy effects. If this file doesnt have the mod point to policy_effects.csv then it might have some issue when policys are changed.

Ok i will continue working on a temporary patch that disables ALL domestic slider changes. When i am not looking for swastikas to delete. Also the DH team is looking at the problem. They or us togeather will sort out a long term solution.

Ok I fixed the problem with the sliders. I reinstalled my darkest hour as well as the RDD mod to the mod folder. Before ever running RDD, I copied the policy effects.csv into the DB folder for RDD. After that everything ran great. So when you release the new patch just make sure a copy of policy effects.csv is included. I have made it as Germany to 1937 without any slider problems now.

Ok I fixed the problem with the sliders. I reinstalled my darkest hour as well as the RDD mod to the mod folder. Before ever running RDD, I copied the policy effects.csv into the DB folder for RDD. After that everything ran great. So when you release the new patch just make sure a copy of policy effects.csv is included. I have made it as Germany to 1937 without any slider problems now.

Has anyone else tried this? Results?

So I ran it and it seemed to be fine, but I noticed something....the welcome events to RDD didn't fire...so I don't know whats up...

never mind....im too impatient it seems...tried it again, let it run longer and i got the difficulty event...

Speaking of difficulty...does it matter what difficulty and aggresiveness that we load the mod under?

Last edited:
So I ran it and it seemed to be fine, but I noticed something....the welcome events to RDD didn't fire...so I don't know whats up...

never mind....im too impatient it seems...tried it again, let it run longer and i got the difficulty event...

Speaking of difficulty...does it matter what difficulty and aggresiveness that we load the mod under?

Hi, yes is does matter, please see my previous post, the setup is important. When you start you should have about 12 per cent dissent and about 139 effective IC. Let me know if you have any problems with the setup.
d

Recommended Settings

After installing the game when you run it the first time click on options
and use the following Recommended Settings-

Difficulty -Very Hard
AI Aggressiveness - Furious
Game Speed - Whatever you want
Share Countries - OFF
Autosave - 30 Days
Use Counters - Whatever you want
Democracies can Dow - Yes
End Date - Use Scenario End date
Full IC takeover - OFF
Tech Team takeover - ON

When the game starts and the RDD Difficulty Level Event pops up the game was designed for the normal setting.
The others can be used to make it harder.
You might want to try it on normal before you try the other levels.

Update

This fix so far has worked for 3 of the players who have reported back, 2 more think it was working but were going test more.
1 failed.
We are testing further along with a couple other methods.

There will be an update tomorrow. Just need to test things more.

Try to make it but it doesnt work after hitler's event. Beginning is fine ( 139 PP, 12% dissent ) but after hitler's event dissent go crazy and game crash. I have reinstalled my RDD files and copy policy events.scv to the mod folder. Please help us all !!!!!

View attachment 34753

copy this file into

Darkest Hour\Mods\RDD\db

It will fix that problem

Do you really need that egu accent in the events.txt and file name? I copied the file you posted on one laptop, opened it and saw the correct file name and was very happy. Copied it onto the computer with the game and opened the file again, just to re-check and guess what? The accented o had turned into a τ (did I mention this is SPARTA!! I mean Greece and the Greek letters apparently have predominance over the French accents, even if I was using English characters at the time of the copying/editing) So in the end I just put a # before the include line and finally managed to load the game. So... do you REALLY need that accent (since there are many other countries that in tehir native tongue would have an accent and they don't in-game - see Έλλας for example - so changing it to Ivory Coast or even Cote d'Ivoire without an accent wouldn't really be a crime against humanity).
Just my 2 cents/ :D

The error occurs after you hover over the country land doctrines such as the 'commonwealth doctrine'.
It doesn't happen with the county navel doctrines.

As far as I can tell it's the number of effects that causes the error. Removing either half of the effects from a doctrin fixes the issue with that doctrin (but obviously makes unwanted changes).

Last edited:
The commonwealth doctrine is bugged. It will crash the game and cause the slider issue if you select it. Also it appears the slider problem comes back if you load from a saved game. After loading from a saved game the next event that causes a trigger move can then cause the slider issue and crash the game. Also saving is extremely unstable and will crash the game most times.

Status
Not open for further replies.