• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure that moxs is about these days?

I recently spent 2 full days filling in an excel page (at the suggestion of SwordofJustice) with the contents of event files, to aid moxs in porting RDD... I emailed the page to him... haven't heard a single word since... So I just wonder if he is around anymore...?

He hasn't been on in almost two months. Honestly, I think this project is just going to be shelved at least until next April-ish, or forever.
These types of mods always fail, unfortunately. Not one has ever been finished completely...

I would still love to help RDD a little. I've collated some Italian WW2 colour pictures. I've sent Moxs some messages on MSN. There is a lot going on in his real life, so we should all send him our good wishes even if the mod is dropped.

I would be happy to do that kind of bug fixing for DH. If the mod is still going somewhere.

The new bug hunting features in DH are fantastic. Darkest Hour truly is a labour of love made by modders for modders.

Cheers,
Sword

too bad. One thing is for certain: A World To Win will be released in its final incarnation sometime in late December as a much welcomed Christmas present.

I have been taking a several months hiatus due to real life, but will resume over Thanksgiving week. But I promise it must and will be finished, if only because I poured so many man hours into the mod.

Who wants to help with my mod?

too bad. One thing is for certain: A World To Win will be released in its final incarnation sometime in late December as a much welcomed Christmas present.

I have been taking a several months hiatus due to real life, but will resume over Thanksgiving week. But I promise it must and will be finished, if only because I poured so many man hours into the mod.

Who wants to help with my mod?

There's nobody you could really recruit, I think, as it's mostly just moxs (nice tricky way to get guys, haha).
Just be wary in promising release dates (look where that went with RDD).

the last I herd mox had some RL issues and I wished him all the best. I live in hope that this mod will get finished but there are other mods that are available to play and other games, whilst RDD is on a hiatus.

But I doubt that he will finish it, expanding a timeline to 1790 is a catastrophe to be finished, he should have just settled on expanding the timeline to 1900 start date and 2000 end date.

can he give any date this mod will be continued?

This project has been dead for so long that I doubt there will ever be motivation to finish it. I lost faith a long time ago.

I agree that the project going back to 1790 was far too ambitious, think how long it takes professionals to work out just twenty years of gameplay, let alone over 200!

Why is 1790 a bad idea you ask? Because during the 18th and 19th Centuries, colonization was high, and there is no way to trigger colonization event in HOI2, which doesn't have features that are applicable to Europa Universalis and Victoria, which covers colonization era. Furthermore, think of all the sprites that are needed to be done. Also there will be no way to substitute for "Chief of Air Force" as they don't have planes back then! Plus there are too many events that have to be addressed.

If anyone wants long 50-100 hours of gameplay at the slowest speed, than 100 years(mod spanning twentieth century from 1900) is enough. In fact, a century spanning mod was in my head for some time, but I'm not gonna do it myself, and possibly not do it for some time. To succeed in making a long mod actually depends on the success of various community mods, as they can substitute for events.

This project has been dead for so long that I doubt there will ever be motivation to finish it. I lost faith a long time ago.

I agree that the project going back to 1790 was far too ambitious, think how long it takes professionals to work out just twenty years of gameplay, let alone over 200!
Could you upload what you have? IMO 1900 - 2000 is enough and I might under take the project if you have lost the desire. I am most interested in what ever you have done so far to match the full map.

Status
Not open for further replies.