• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moxs602

Major
3 Badges
May 26, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
View attachment 34710
Light Version of The Road to Doom's Day 1936-1999 for Darkest Hour is UPDATED with VER 1.2!

Download
RDD_for.DH.V1.2_Sans.rar at

http://www.filefront.com/user/moxs602

Install steps: RDD for DH V1.2

1) Create a NEW folder called RDD inside the Darkest Hour Mods Folder.

2) Copy contents of RDD_for.DH.V1.2rar (open with 7zip)
into - Darkest Hour\Mods\RDD

3) Launch Darkest Hour and look for RDD in the "Load a Mod" window.

HOT FXXX V 1.2 RDD for DH

can be dl at

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/moxs602

1) Copy contents of HOT FXXX V 1.2 RDD for DH.rar (open with 7zip)
into - Darkest Hour\Mods\RDD

**** You need this.

*The first load takes a good length of time - be patient.
Loading after that is much faster.

**RDD for DH is more demanding than RDD - there is a learning curve.

*** This MOD is a work in progress, all versions will be updated as we progress.

Updates

1 We will be Uploading a FULL MAP version of RDD 1936-1999 for Darkest Hour release in June.

2 We will then work on a FULL MAP version of RDD 1890-1999 for Darkest Hour for target release of August 1st. ( This is instead of a 1914 scenario)

3 We will then work on a FULL MAP version of RDD 1790-1999 for Darkest Hour for target release of November 1st. ( This will be the Final MASSIVE Expansion )

There is and incredible amount of work to be done to achieve these plans.

URGENT**** If you are able or wish to learn Graphics for Modding

This Update was delayed because we are getting a bottleneck of the work flow.

Right Now we have ONE person regularly working on graphics for RDD - ME!

This is causing a problem as I am doing graphics when I really should be doing bug fixes, map conversion and new events and features.

And then I am doing bug fixes, map conversion when I should be doing graphics.

This is REALLY slowing things down. So please anyone out there that can help with graphics contact me at moxs60@hotmail.com.

ALSO If you are able or wish to learn -

Event Scripting
Research
Leader and Ministers additions
AI Scripting

All need more helping hands.
Also Please, Please more FEEDBACK. We need to hear from you to make RDD better.

BACKGROUND

About Five year ago i found myself playing HSR for Hoi2 into the 1960's and '70's game time. While i enjoyed the long games, the lack of tech and events ending in 1948 meant something was lacking with the whole thing.

So i started to extend the time line and tech as a hobby.

Things had to redone and redone again as new versions of Hoi2 came out as new versions of HSR were also developed. I also started to add other elements - the naval Beta, and various nation improvement packages. When HSR development took a hiatus the excellent Compendium Mod filled the gap. So now this mod uses the Compendium Mod a a foundation, with the Naval beta, HSR and the HSR Add-on strongly present along with various other sources.

This is a quick summation:

New Oil Exploration Tech and Events

While Oil was important in WW2 it really did not start to become a dominant economic and energy source until after the war, when it began to increase exponentially in quantity and importance. Provinces now have oil reserves to 2006 levels. Oil Exploration tech allows for a portion of those reserves to be 'discovered' and put into production. As the tech level increases the proportion of discovered reserves increases. I think this will have a huge impact on the game.

Resources Events
Compendium Style Resources have been extended to 2006

IC and Production

IC is based upon GDP adjusted for inflation to 1990 levels and then listed in 1939 value.
This allows for economic growth and unit costs over a 65 year period on one economic scale.
In 1936 production will seem to be inexpensive and take longer.
Enjoy it while you can as advanced technology will drive up the IC exponentially.

Graphics
Model files are filled out.
There are icons and pics for the majors and some minors.
There will be more nation pics and icons, along with event and tech pics done. Updates will be coming in the next few weeks.

Full Tech Tree 1936-1999
All tech and Model trees are maxed out.
There are some new and interesting techs

Destroyers and Frigates - there are 22 Destroyer models. Even numbered models are Destroyers, odd numbered are Frigates. They have separate Tech trees.

Naval Patrol Aircraft
Naval bombers and ASW and Recon - 20 models.

MTB's/Fast Attack Craft

Land and Naval Minefields

300+ CAGs Nation Specific

Modern Diesel and Nuclear Submarines

Radars - From Home Chain Radar to Modern Arrays, powerful and influences many other Tech.

Machine Tools and Computers now are required for most tech advances.
ie a 1960 Jet will require 1960 machine tools and 1960 computers. ( higher machine tolerances for complex machines computer aided design, limited computer operation and controls etc.)

Airships
Missile Tech Tree and Missile Attachment Tech Trees
Attack and Transport Helicopter Brigades
Modern Air Land and Naval Combat Doctrines
Modern Transports
Assault Giuns
AC Gunships
Unmanned Aircraft
Point AA and Manpads
ASW AEW EW Tech
Nuclear Power Plants
Chem and Bio War

Here is the thread for RDD Armageddon
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...LAUNCH-The-Road-to-Doom-s-Day-1936-1999-V-1.3

Last edited:
DH version of this mod is totaly unplayable. I hope you patch major bugs soon.

@arctor
"**RDD for DH is more demanding than RDD - there is a learning curve."

Could you be a bit more specific? What major bugs? If you do not let us know what they are we cannot fix them.
A blanket statement like that is both incorrect and unfair.

guys i download the mod but when i am trying to unzip it it says that tis file is not valid....any solutions?....

@princeseth
"2) Copy contents of RDD_for.DH.V1.rar (open with 7zip)
into - Darkest Hour\Mods\RDD"

Please use 7zip for best results. It can be downloaded for free and is easy to use.

Congratulation! Long live to this mod!
*Nods*
Both from the picture and from the mod.
He has to remove the swastikas from the pictures, but he can upload nazi flag in his mod all he wants tho. Its your responsibility to download the mod and have the symbols on your computer.

Last edited:
Both screen shots have had the "nasty symbol" replaced.

There is no intention to offend or upset anyone. Was merely using historically accurate symbols. My appologies.

Congratulations. I'll download and play when I get a chance, and give feedback. I've meant to give more feedback than I have, so, sorry about that.

Could you be a bit more specific? What major bugs? If you do not let us know what they are we cannot fix them.
A blanket statement like that is both incorrect and unfair.

Well i have fresh install of DH 1.0 without ANY mods or additional files. I tried to start RDD 3 times. 2 times as CCP and 1 as Germany. After a few weeks world goes into anarchy. 100% dissent, partisans all over the world. As CCCP I get +100 oil production event EVRY day. I cant even go back to main menu, game crashes at victory points screen.
I installed mod correctly and I have high end pc.

He has to remove the swastikas from the pictures, he can upload nazi flag all he wants tho its your responsability to download the mod and have the symbols on your computer.

No, that´s not the case. The forum rules says:

There will not be any swastikas in the game, because it IS illegal to show them in Germany and various other countries. Same goes for other Nazi symbols (e.g. related to the SS) or Nazi propaganda material, including songs etc. Any links posted to a mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed.

Well i have fresh install of DH 1.0 without ANY mods or additional files. I tried to start RDD 3 times. 2 times as CCP and 1 as Germany. After a few weeks world goes into anarchy. 100% dissent, partisans all over the world. As CCCP I get +100 oil production event EVRY day. I cant even go back to main menu, game crashes at victory points screen.
I installed mod correctly and I have high end pc.

Ok arctor, thanks for the feedback. One more question. Have you played the RDD for Armageddon version prior to this? Let me know.

I will look into the victory points screen crash, it may be that by that point things are so out of whack, it needs to crash.

CCCP 100+ oil is do to the new oil resource and exploration techs. As you know CCCP in 1936 had 2 of the half dozen or so major oil deposits in the world. They along with USA and Venezuela, Saudi Arabia (not really developed). You may feel you have too much oil now but, but usage will go up as dramatically tech and forces grow. This may need adjusting. More feedback will tell.

100% dissent and the anarchy that follows.
RDD economy is tricky and challenging particularly at the beginning of the game.
You start with historic IC (based on GDP) and building cues. Hint: if you try to manage everything as is you will go into an economic death spiral leading chaos etc.
You need to concentrate on keeping your dissent down with supplies and consumer goods in the short term. And monitoring it closely.

Delanone has also had this problem in the past. He can possibly advise further.
Also i can be reached at moxs60@hotmail.com for email and msn messenger if needed.

I will keep watching this and if it is a widespread issue will get working on a fix.

No, that´s not the case. The forum rules says:
There will not be any swastikas in the game, because it IS illegal to show them in Germany and various other countries. Same goes for other Nazi symbols (e.g. related to the SS) or Nazi propaganda material, including songs etc. Any links posted to a mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed.

I was not aware of this. Will be working on getting out a sanitized version of the mod as soon as possible.

i hav a lot of save crash (one crash for 6 or 7 saves), in te savebug province were not allowed to a country (?)
The conversion may be no complete yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.