• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Love the regiment pictures, it looks brilliant.

I hope that once paradox has finished with hoi3, when 3 expansions and its patches are released and paradox move onto whatever they move on to, I hope that you guys come together and merge all of the best features from all of the mods and DLC to create the ultimate HOI3 experience :)

Wow. Very intriguing. May be the first DLC I buy.

On a different subject, I'd love to see more done to distinguish U-boats. The in-game differences between the Type VII and Type IX really miss the point I think. It would be great to see Type VII's forced to return to port after 2-3 weeks at sea, to regain org for a week or so. Type IX's should be able to last 2-3 months. That would be a great change... oh, and if we could avoid loosing admirals when a sub was sunk, that would be nice too! :)

Wow. Very intriguing. May be the first DLC I buy.

On a different subject, I'd love to see more done to distinguish U-boats. The in-game differences between the Type VII and Type IX really miss the point I think. It would be great to see Type VII's forced to return to port after 2-3 weeks at sea, to regain org for a week or so. Type IX's should be able to last 2-3 months. That would be a great change... oh, and if we could avoid loosing admirals when a sub was sunk, that would be nice too! :)

Perhaps subs have been reworked somewhat, who knows? Perhaps another dev diary will touch on that subject, perhaps? ;) Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more...

Brilliant idea, Marvelous works, Magnificent career system, and Wonderful at all! Any words is not enough to explain this DLC. Thanks to all!!!!!

Last edited:
You let the bomb explode directly between my monitor and the cup of coffee.... This seems to be exactly what i wished HOI3 to be. Will there be added some Naval missions too? The Naval Square map even let me think of "Silent Hunter" feeling...

In the next developer diary we will be telling you about a specific change we made to the mechanics of the game: the Operational Feature.

Dear sir,do you mean something like "Operation Sea Lion" "Operation Tannenbaum" ?

wow wow wow!

That looks an brilliant improvement on HoI3 interface and immersion!

Question:
1) Will airplanes and ships have the same 'experience' representation?
2) There is more events/decision/(something else you may have added :D) for Germany during WW2 or is this a more eye-candy mod?

In the next developer diary we will be telling you about a specific change we made to the mechanics of the game: the Operational Feature.

Dear sir,do you mean something like "Operation Sea Lion" "Operation Tannenbaum" ?

You got it right, sir. Those exact two operations are represented (among others). ;)

wow wow wow!

That looks an brilliant improvement on HoI3 interface and immersion!

Question:
1) Will airplanes and ships have the same 'experience' representation?
2) There is more events/decision/(something else you may have added :D) for Germany during WW2 or is this a more eye-candy mod?

I can answer question 2: this is a major DLC, not only eye-candy.
- Something like 150-200 new events
- 50-100 decisions
- some new units never seen in any mod or existing DLC
- new exclusive techs
- dozens of strategic effects
- harder difficulty
- and more to come in the next dev diary ;)

Uh? What´s all this about? A fan made DLC? It looks pretty cool. So I buy it and from no won every game I start with Germany will have this look and all that cool stuff? By the way, will it be compatible with the coming expansion?

PS. This seems the first DCL I will buy. INteresting stuff here. I think more of this would be welcomed for other majors also.

This is VERY nice. One MAJOR reason why I play this game is the immersion factor. Love the detail. Can you explain the way the AWARDS GUI works. Is it tied to experience?

woha awesome!!!!! yeah those old pictures were getting kinda bad.. it was almost hard to see what u were making.. but the new ones look awesome.. + maybe 3d model of what ur making

Some questions:

1. Will this be an "merge" with DiDays ICE mod?
2. Why only Germany? Will there be some graphical changes for the other Majors? ( maybe later as a patch or new DLC?)
3. Technology system like the one planed by Danevang (i refer to the screen teasers in his mod post)?
4. Will the AI be smarter in coordinating HQs, units, etc.?

And then an Idea or something to think about. There is a realy nice modi for counters (with pictures on them), i just cant find it now. Are there any plans to make the counters more "beautiful"? MAybe its only me but i would realy hate it, so many preety pictures and then such horrible Vanilla counters ;D

Cheers

I'll buy it IF and only IF it handles Barbarosa where I don't win in 2 months. Eye candy is nice and all but I want the game to tax me and not let me roll over everybody. I especailly hate that the war in France takes as long as the war against the SU. Get that right and I'll pay you whatever you want for the DLC.

Edit: BTW ICE is nice and I really like it but I still completely destroy the SU army in 2 months only to find nothing left to face me.

Uh? What´s all this about? A fan made DLC? It looks pretty cool. So I buy it and from no won every game I start with Germany will have this look and all that cool stuff? By the way, will it be compatible with the coming expansion?

PS. This seems the first DCL I will buy. INteresting stuff here. I think more of this would be welcomed for other majors also.

What's the word on future versions for other major nations? I'd love a Japan DLC as they are my favourite nation to play in HOI III.

All Paradox DLC are fan made DLC. :)
It will be compatible with both Semper Fi and For The Motherland.

Danevang and I are willing to work on more Dies Irae DLC (at least one for each major, we have some nasty ideas for Soviet and Japan) but this is up to you guys. The more DLC you buy, the more Paradox will give us new contracts. :D

Some questions:

1. Will this be an "merge" with DiDays ICE mod?
2. Why only Germany? Will there be some graphical changes for the other Majors? ( maybe later as a patch or new DLC?)
3. Technology system like the one planed by Danevang (i refer to the screen teasers in his mod post)?
4. Will the AI be smarter in coordinating HQs, units, etc.?

And then an Idea or something to think about. There is a realy nice modi for counters (with pictures on them), i just cant find it now. Are there any plans to make the counters more "beautiful"? MAybe its only me but i would realy hate it, so many preety pictures and then such horrible Vanilla counters ;D

Cheers

1&2. There will be no merge with any mod or DLC since Dies Irae change the way models are displayed. Each model is unique and require hours of work. We are willing to make other DLCs of course (see above). ^^
3. There is some changes to the technology system but not as heavy as the one you are refering to (too micro-managing for the HOI3 engine to handle IMO)
4. This is the same AI as vanilla. Only Paradox can work on the AI.
5. Counter pictures. Counters are too small to fit a picture on them.