Closed Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 54 55 56
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1120

Thread: Day of Glory (MP megacampaign)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Strange View Post
    So do you think you can fight for at least a draw KoM?
    As a neutral observer, I'd like to comment on this. The curious case is the following: Russia has an army far larger than it can afford at full maintenance. The KoMgols did not make this mistake. The Russians have a simple choice: shrink the army, one way or another, and fight at full maintenance, or fight at lower maintenance. Obviously, picking option 2 will eventually result in option 1 - 'sending them at the KoMgols' is as effective a way of shrinking the army as any. Whether there will be any economy left at that point remains to be seen. The infamous Catalunyan Economist Corps is, as always, sceptical - and there are always the Bavarians to force re-doing the calculations...

So far, Russia has, I believe, offered a WP.

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Russia did indeed offer a WP at one point. Then we rehosted, and the offer was apparently withdrawn, possibly because pilis convinced jodokus the war was winnable? At any rate, the last offer I had from Russia was for the five provinces.

To answer the question, yes, I do think I can fight the Russians to a draw; pilis taught me, last week, how to drag out a Siberian campaign endlessly without decision. Also, let it be noted that I'm not in fact fighting alone; Qin has declared its support, in accordance with our alliance. Qin is of course a bit busy in Bengal at the moment, but that cannot last forever.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oddman View Post
    The infamous Catalunyan Economist Corps is, as always, sceptical - and there are always the Bavarians to force re-doing the calculations...
    What does the Catalunyan Economist Corps think about Croatia having the fastest growing economy in the world?

I will also note that Russia is almost completely out of manpower. The Mongols do not have to fight much longer to see the Russian citizenry completely void of fighting age men.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Strange View Post
    So do you think you can fight for at least a draw KoM?
    Russian manpower is nearly depleted.

As said Qin Peacekeepers are positioned in Bengal to protect Chinese citizens who were constructing infrastructure, Kongese troops show their superb fire discipline by not firing upon any neutral Chinese paramilitary operating in the zone.

Meanwhile 3 Chinese Armies operating interdependently have arrived in the Punjabi theater and have checked the Tripolitan advance, counter attacks are planned to drive out Tripoli.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Yours is no Disgrace Gollevainen's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Irsh Faq View Post
    This one isn't quite right. Croatia joined against Persia in defense of its allies: Persia had joined the Bengal war, been offered a WP, and refused. It was the same war as the Bengal war.

As for the marching, it was a mistake on my part, I missed what Ike had told me earlier about not using his land in all the chatter. All my stacks were re-routed through Jalayirids, or else amphibiously landed in order to comply with the treaty once Ike told me again - only a few, two or three, actually did enter Persia through Tripolitanian lands before that.

Which is more than can be said of the opposite situation of Persia marching through Punjabi lands to attack India in violation of Punjabi treaties, a sustained breach of treaty that neither Persia nor Punjab made any attempt to correct. Although a minor breach compared to the major one of Punjab joining the war itself.
    Persian troops were in Punjab before the Kongolese invasion of peacefull Bengal begun. During the war they avoided confontrating Tripoli by our agreement and Arrived to Delhi, but they actually Never entered either Bengal, nor into Kongo, nor engage Kongolese troops in there. In all cases its always the duty of signatories to controll how they keep up their treaties, But Punjab did not actually commit any crime by allowing Persian troops do something that they actually did not do. For other treaty breakings by Punjab, its up to its player to answer.

Tripoli in otherhand allowed Kongolese troops to enter directly to Persia despite our NAP and those troops that incursed into Palestina kept manouvring trough southern Iraq and costed Persia basicly to loose the war. This naturally couses us to cut all our diplomatic relationship with Tripoli who we falsely believed to be trustworthy in order to protect the free world from Kongolese menace that is spreading its evil tentacles across the world. Nations that protect that empire of evil cannot be Persian friends nor will Persia sign any contracts or agreements with them as long as they have chosen the dark side.
    The Professor wrote:
    Also is there a site somewhere where I can google the acronyms you use.

Ulmont wrote:
    Yes. The site is available at www.google.com.

Comrade Uzkiye Bryuki Emperor Ike's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    For peanuts here is the treaty that Punjab broke in order to attack Tripoli. There are no excuses that could prove that they did not broke this treaty. (Tripoli is a not a signatory but protected by this treaty also)

Treaty of Samarkand

The Kingdom of Kongo and the Republic of Punjab agree on the following terms:

The Kingdom of Kongo will transfer Asian provinces from its overlordship to Punjab's, for an undisclosed reduction in price. In return, for each province transferred, the non aggression pact currently in force between Kongo and Punjab will be extended 25 years.

During the length of said treaty, Punjab will not war against Tripoli or Ethiopia.

During the length of said treaty, Kongo reserves its right to defend Tripoli or Ethiopia against Persian attack, but will not join in attacks against Persia. Punjab reserves its right to defend Persia against African attack, but will not join in aggressive wars against the Africans.

The NAP in question follows "Elcyionic" terms, and as such prevents giving military access or other such things to parties at war with the other.
    So Peanuts as you see the oh so mighty Qin is defending someone that broke his oath deliberately, knowing that they had a NAP which prevented any wars with Tripoli. They actually broke it when they send the first spy to Tripoli to be honest according to the Terms of Elcyion. So shame on Qin who protects those who break treaties deliberately. Tripoli on the other hand broke it's treaty accidentally.
    Fan of the Week 16-03-2007
    WritAAR of the Week 26-12-2012
    Catharclysm-Succession Mega Campaign
    Lombardian Pastorale

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIILost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2

Interesting! Exiting! ...nearing the point where The OverGods might step in and refer the rest of the discussion to The Other Thread.... .But not quite there yet! -

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Tripoli on the other hand broke it's treaty accidentally.
    tripoli broke its treaty by not paying attention and by not taking required precautions in order to prevent belligrents of exploiting its neutrality
    Last edited by Gollevainen; 09-10-2011 at 18:01.
    The Professor wrote:

Ulmont wrote:

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIILost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gollevainen View Post
    tripoli broke its treaty by not paying attention and by not taking required precautions in order to prevent belligrents of exploiting its neutrality
    Question : ....no I will ask this in the other thread.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Someone asked for a screenshot of the Italian peninsula, so here it is.

Nations outlined in colours are someone's vassal.
    MP Megacampaigns :

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

The World of 1715
    As Noted Down By Remarkably Objective Andalusian Historiographers, Inspired As They Are By Divine Savegames

Topography

Nations, Blobbed

Nations, Unblobbed

Income
    Average Income Per Province
    Red = 4.35335 ducats per province per month; Green = 24.3388875 ducats per province per month.

Income per Nation
    Red = 174.134 ducats per month; Green = 2352.125 ducats per month.

Technology
    Average Tech Level
    Red = 34.2; Green = 44.0.

Tech Speed
    Red = 14.8157790846; Green = 696.951738953.

Development
    Average Buildings per Province, per Nation
    Red = 7.97435897436 buildings per province; Green = 21.7916666667 buildings per province.

Buildings per Province
    Red = 0 buildings per province; Green = 28 buildings per province.

Military
    Army Size

Navy Size

Culture & Religion
    Cultures

Religion

500k club

Wait, Tripoli is how far behind in tech?
    MP Megacampaigns :

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What year did you end on?
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    -George Orwell

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

The most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    Wait, Tripoli is how far behind in tech?
    How has Tripoli done that??!
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

"Why are so many rowers atheists? Because anyone who has done a 2K knows that there is no god."

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by BootOnFace View Post
    What year did you end on?
    MP Megacampaigns :

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Not much time left to conquer. I predict a mad dash to the highly populated areas. Unless this Great Balance thing keeps everyone from making too big of demands. But crazy things have happened this game and there could be another balance-breaker like the Slavic Coalition.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    -George Orwell

*cough*african perma-alliance since 1399 *cough*

talk about balance, game, patience and never breaker indeed But hey thank god nobody is actually doing anything to it, or ever has... aside Persia with thin results...
    The Professor wrote:

Ulmont wrote:

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

please keep the tone of the comments polite
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

In the spirit of moving away from personal attacks and back towards AAR:

Player Nations by Technology

Government:

USA 44
    Kongo 44
    Malaya 42
    Qin 42
    Bavaria 41
    Catalunya 41
    Croatia 41
    Ethiopia 39
    Novgorod 38
    Bengal 37
    Khmer 37
    Persia 37
    Punjab 37
    England 36
    Mongol Khanate 36
    Tripoli 33

Production

USA 44
    Qin 44
    Bavaria 42
    Kongo 41
    Catalunya 39
    Punjab 39
    Bengal 38
    Croatia 38
    Ethiopia 38
    Khmer 37
    Malaya 37
    Mongol Khanate 37
    Novgorod 37
    Persia 37
    England 34
    Tripoli 32

Trade

USA 44
    Bavaria 41
    Qin 41
    Catalunya 39
    England 39
    Ethiopia 39
    Kongo 39
    Croatia 38
    Khmer 38
    Mongol Khanate 38
    Malaya 37
    Persia 35
    Bengal 34
    Novgorod 34
    Punjab 34
    Tripoli 31

Naval

Ethiopia 49
    Malaya 44
    USA 44
    Catalunya 43
    England 41
    Mongol Khanate 36
    Bavaria 34
    Kongo 34
    Khmer 34
    Bengal 33
    Qin 33
    Croatia 32
    Punjab 32
    Novgorod 31
    Tripoli 31
    Persia 31

Land

Kongo 48
    Bavaria 47
    Qin 46
    Novgorod 45
    Persia 45
    Croatia 44
    Mongol Khanate 44
    Tripoli 44
    USA 44
    Catalunya 43
    Bengal 42
    Khmer 42
    Ethiopia 41
    Punjab 40
    England 37
    Malaya 37
    Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Lord Protector of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Autocrat from Carthage to the Cape, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant in Tyranny's Bloody Banner.

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldVictoria 2V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    Hoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Perhaps a closed thread makes more of a lasting impression than warning upon warning.

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 54 55 56