Closed Thread
Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Day of Glory (MP megacampaign)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    Really? The Khanate has invented both workshops and courthouses, and can consequently have up to 8 buildings per province; and if the poverty-struck steppes have got to 8, you may be sure Croatia has 9 or 10.
    I'll take a look at it.

EDIT: I think I've found the rub: I think higher-tier buildings overwrite the lower-tier ones, so my map measures how many tracks one entered ^^
    Last edited by oddman; 06-06-2011 at 11:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Meier View Post
    if the persian war/distraction didn't happen I think Gujurats fate would've been much different.
    By the time Persia DOWed we'd destroyed 3/4 of the Gujarati army and occupied half the country - would have been more if not for a pause occasioned by several false surrenders. Hell, Ethiopia and Tripoli in combined battles stackwiped about forty regiments within only the first four months of war, which was... more than half of their prewar forces.

On buildings: yes. Ethiopia could max at 12-13 buildings per prov currently.

In any case, I'm quite pleased to have a victory in my first serious MP war. It will help me feel better when I get annexed or something later
    Last edited by Irsh Faq; 05-06-2011 at 01:25.
    Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Lord Protector of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Autocrat from Carthage to the Cape, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant in Tyranny's Bloody Banner.

Yeah but think of the bigger picture, Mongol forces were in the south Pakistan region and my forces were just arriving onto the field and notably punjabi forces would've eventually came to provide support.

In context recall that I managed to give Spanish and English forces a *good* run for their money, significant non trivial casualties all thanks to my shock 6 leader and some good choices of when to fight my battles where the terrain favoured me and attacking only when the numbers favored me as well.

Thus Spain was more or less driven from the continent and UK was forced to peace for a pittance.

Now suppose what would happen if Mongols were still in the fight? What of Punjab? Sure Gujurut would've been completely ineffective except as a static battlefield but the war wouldn't have been conclusively lost.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edzako View Post
    Don't see it, but there is freakish red head south of you.
    [/IMG]
    Yes, the Punjabi troll was the first nation to assume a creature shape. Also Tibet looks like an evil alien squirrel getting ready to bite Punjab - although the resemblance was even better last session, when Punjab still had its tail - and Qin looks like a rather wistful ghost.

I mentioned heavy casualties on the Persian front; allow me to demonstrate why the Persians stopped their apparently-victorious advance and retreated south into Punjab:

Last edited by King of Men; 05-06-2011 at 04:05.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Yeah but think of the bigger picture, Mongol forces were in the south Pakistan region and my forces were just arriving onto the field and notably punjabi forces would've eventually came to provide support.

In context recall that I managed to give Spanish and English forces a *good* run for their money, significant non trivial casualties all thanks to my shock 6 leader and some good choices of when to fight my battles where the terrain favoured me and attacking only when the numbers favored me as well.

Thus Spain was more or less driven from the continent and UK was forced to peace for a pittance.
    Essential difference being that you were fighting a war whereas I was occupying my due and spending most of my attention colonizing.

Yours is no Disgrace Gollevainen's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Well we fougth one battle where Qin outnumbered me quite considerably (expecially since the internal communication in the alliance was at least from my perspective bit phatethic)
    I retreated to ships and the absence of Qin's fleet allowed me to rather freely manouvre into safe harbour.

As for the peace, Like I said, I was after 1 province and I got it. I was never after anything else, expecially after I realised that the alliance was not figthing for my gains. Qin's "heroic" figthing had nothing to do with it.
    The Professor wrote:
    Also is there a site somewhere where I can google the acronyms you use.

Ulmont wrote:
    Yes. The site is available at www.google.com.

Comrade Uzkiye Bryuki Emperor Ike's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollevainen View Post
    As for the peace, Like I said, I was after 1 province and I got it. I was never after anything else, expecially after I realised that the alliance was not figthing for my gains. Qin's "heroic" figthing had nothing to do with it.

Golle you did almost nothing in the war and just wanted in for the spoils when you saw that Gujarat was losing.
    Fan of the Week 16-03-2007
    WritAAR of the Week 26-12-2012
    Catharclysm-Succession Mega Campaign
    Lombardian Pastorale

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

I knew about the war to come before the session, and I decided with Oddman to join in it well before the war started.

After I joined in, I did my share, and like I allready mentioned, as the alliance was not going to go with my demands, I did what it was nesserical to pursue those aims seperately. Even after this I (tried) to aid Catalunia to figth against Qin with instructions and my province there basicly saved whole lotta of Catalunian regiments from whiping in the last phases
    The Professor wrote:

Ulmont wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Gollevainen View Post
    I knew about the war to come before the session, and I decided with Oddman to join in it well before the war started.

After I joined in, I did my share, and like I allready mentioned, as the alliance was not going to go with my demands, I did what it was nesserical to pursue those aims seperately.
    Heh. I didn't know you were planning to join in before the session, so it was bit of a surprise and not something we Africans had prepared for ahead of time. Not against you having your indian prov, though. Thanks for helping Catalunya out at a time when alliance high command was having commuication difficulties (read: locked out of TS and in-game chat spammed with surrenders) that hurt good situational awareness.
    Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Lord Protector of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Autocrat from Carthage to the Cape, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant in Tyranny's Bloody Banner.

Yeah well the whole war was bit of a failure due communication. My joinging in "afterwards" was due that I didn't actually knew when the war was about to start, I only noticed it from peoples talks in TS. It takes time to sail from Wales to Sri Lanka..
    The Professor wrote:

Ulmont wrote:

I think perhaps the surrendering thing was an issue of terminology. Usually when someone says "I surrender", it's a request for terms to be dictated, and that's how you gentlemen understood it. But Suirantes seemed to feel he was asking for terms to be negotiated. Perhaps he'd have done better to say "What terms are on offer?".
    I could see that the first time, but subsequently after terms were laid out, from this side of the screen it looked more like misusing the white flag for strategic gain.

Especially that one surrender offer that gave Mongol armies time to arrive and attack my paused forces, or the other where the "final" surrender was used as cover to move in Qin troops. I'm really pretty unhappy about it, although I suppose I won't hold a grudge too long - just try not to get tricked again.
    Last edited by Irsh Faq; 05-06-2011 at 20:49.

He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I've decided that the day after tomorrow is the deadline for The Basetax is Right!

Get your votes in while you still can!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

My only regret is not wiping that Qin army in Haasa before peacing

I mentioned heavy casualties on the Persian front; allow me to demonstrate why the Persians stopped their apparently-victorious advance and retreated south into Punjab:
    You stopped nothing, every advance by my armies was successful. At most your failed counterattack costed me a bit much.

I wanted the Caspian coast, so I smashed the Mongol armies, established a 2 prov buffer and left a blocking force. You attempted to regain the buffer provs, it blocked your army, which was its purpose. The other northern armies, and most importantly their generals, had been sent to boot out the Croats. Under no circumstances would I have pursued you further than my buffer, marching through a scorched Siberia is not my idea of fun.
    Last edited by FrozenWall; 06-06-2011 at 19:08.
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Hey Sid ! Good effort with those videos. Didn't watch it all trough, because it is very long. Maybe you could make highlight's version 10-15 min long, I would definately watch those.

Maybe you could make highlight's version 10-15 min long, I would definately watch those.
    well thats what we have been telling him all this time :/
    The Professor wrote:

Ulmont wrote:

Hey Sid ! Good effort with those videos. Didn't watch it all trough, because it is very long. Maybe you could make highlight's version 10-15 min long, I would definately watch those.
    Watch it in the background like a podcast, then you can tab back in whenever something exciting/exciting happens.

Before I'ld record everything and do very little editing until session 3 (where I tried to carve off 1-2 hours of video); session 4 I decided to only record when I had something to say; missed some funny moments in TS but its a tradeoff for my sanity.

MonMarty is comedic gold.I wish he'ld tell me through telepathy or something before he speaks.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Just turn it on, open a new tab, and keep listening to it while you continue to surf the net. It's usually worth it.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWall View Post
    I wanted the Caspian coast, so I smashed the Mongol armies, established a 2 prov buffer and left a blocking force. You attempted to regain the buffer provs, it blocked your army, which was its purpose. The other northern armies, and most importantly their generals, had been sent to boot out the Croats. Under no circumstances would I have pursued you further than my buffer, marching through a scorched Siberia is not my idea of fun.
    Right. That's why we were fighting in Tyumen, halfway through what used to be the Oirat Horde and two provinces away from your current buffer zone, in the first place.

That aside; for clarity I'd like to check that these are your demands: From the Khanate, the two provinces that border the Caspian. From Punjab, the four provinces that border the Caspian, plus two (?) provinces in Arabia. And I'm not sure whether you demanded anything from Croatia?
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

From the Khanate, the two provinces that border the Caspian.
    yes

From Punjab, the four provinces that border the Caspian,
    yes

plus two (?) provinces in Arabia.
    Punjab out of arabia, by whatever method he prefers to leave. Give em to me, my vassals, Ethiopia or release a free Oman. Point is there's only me and Ethiopia left in Arabia.

In addition my offers of friendship and alliance given to various Asians at the start of session still stand after this war, and Punjab will need help with the rebels for a while. Jumping the sub is a time-honoured tradition after all.

And I'm not sure whether you demanded anything from Croatia?
    I guess Judea? I can't get at him (except his vassal Sidon) without Russia or one of the Europeans, and he cant get at me without reinforcements.
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 40 ... LastLast