• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo is the Russo-Croato bloc winning this war or have I missread something?

yes, all my post here are In character , eg the state-of-missery of England/Canada considers Russia and its vassal croatia as oathbreakers ;) I consider stating that important factor of giving our awsome fans insigth of the game .

and yes Ike, Bavaria saw the morso... ;)

Sooo is the Russo-Croato bloc winning this war or have I missread something?

The side of goodness and light has sustained some minor reverses on the Oder front, yes. However, the glorious Romano-Qin armies are advancing victoriously in Siberia, and our brave Persian allies have won victories both against perfidious Punjab and in the Caucasus. As for England, they have not yet begun to fight. I don't think the situation is properly characterised as a Slavic victory, although the situation on the ground may be such that some small concessions in their favour could be considered.

Small concessions?

1641%20DoG%20Western%20Front%20Winning.gif

We're winning a bit more than you appear to be aware of, KoM.

England hasn't begun to fight because it -can't- fight. It has no troops and no land tech. Cataluyna doesn't have any troops, either.

heh. how ironical it is indeed when I ask the matters of a vassal, its liege actually comes to answer in behalf of it :p

Khmer21.png

Khmer22.png

Khmer23.png

Khmer24.png

**** OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ****

This saturday I will be attempting to be streaming our EU3 Session LIVE over JustinTV http://www.justin.tv/raenirsalazar

I DONT KNOW if my upload can handle both so it may be shortlived. But we'll see eh?

Ethiopia has been fighting a lot of wars lately. I thought I would give the peanuts some insight into the state of the military.

First off, the Army. Once the scourge of India, highly drilled Ethiopian soldiers defeated all comers in Asia and drove first the Gujaratis, then the Punjabis, and finally the Mongols from our rightful lands. However, the glory days of the Janissary Corps are behind it. Ethiopia has swung naval recently as a means of defending itself against a hostile Malaya, and has replaced all land national ideas with naval ones. The remaining army is large, still one of the largest outside of the game's original CK powers, though now trailing land-specialized ROTW powers like Qin. But the Ethiopian advantage in technology has also gone with the wind; everybody has Latin troops, now.

Overall the strength of the land military has waned considerably compared to its height a century ago. An effort has recently been made to reverse this trend, with the building of large numbers of conscription centers and further constructions planned, Picking land ideas in upcoming slots is also something being considered. Time will tell whether the Janissary Corps will rise from the ashes.

Second, the Navy, the pride of the nation: it's in the fleet that Ethiopia's claim to be a Great Power resides. So long as the fleet remains a potent fighting force, the Empire has a shield between it and destruction, while conversely, it is not unlikely that if the fleet were lost, the Empire would suffer massively. Combine with a long-foreseen series of Malayan attacks that finally began in 1610, and it is easy to understand why the Navy has received the lion's share of love and attention. Huge construction programs for naval bases have been carried out, and every significant naval idea has been picked. The result is that in strength, the Royal Ethiopian Navy is in fairly even running with Catalunya for the second most-powerful fleet in the world, although the mighty Malayans have a clear lead over both.

Last edited:
I just want to warn the African Brotherhood that Africa will not be spared when the Russians take over the world. I really wanted to see this go all the way to HoI3, but I'm not even sure if it'll progress past EU3. With Russia and Croatia occupying all of Europe, Asia will fall soon enough.

I have never played Victoria let alone HoI, so I wouldn't mind if Russia got a WC....

I really wanted to see this go all the way to HoI3

Well then I must break it to you: Aside yoshi everyone else seems to be inclined into modded AoD with DH map as our final phase (taken that we can get there)... hoi3:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:... oh dear...hoi3:p

I wouldn't have mind plain old Armageddon with 8 air-stacks, but perhaps Im too old fashioned for the majority

Try to stay on-topic. This thread is for relaying the MP game, not talking about who may bow to the Slavs or not.

Today even the doorman, a burly and hirsute fellow going by the name of Aiax, was absent. Lately, someone had handed him a pike and made him a guard as well, since the actual guards had been drafted into the regular army. Not that the Aljafería Palace needed a serious military guard; its strategic importance had been in decline even before the seat of government had been transferred to the New World. Zaragoza was once the capital of the autonomous duchy of Aragón in the Andalusian commonwealth, but with the great provincial normalization of 1515 the special status of Aragon had been lost and the Aljafería Palace relegated to an administrative role.

Even without a doorman, Guillem Sanches was very pleased to call that royal palace his workplace. The building was steeped in history: built by the Moorish Iberians, it was a centerpiece of Andalusian heritage. For a long time Zaragoza was held by the Western Roman Empire, and the rallying cry 'to the Aljafería!' was one uttered often in the 13th century, and still in common parlance in the area, as an exhortation to complete a seemingly impossible task. Guillem often found himself chucking and thinking of that same cry when going to his daily work. A few years ago he had been a mere scribe in the great machinery of the Aragonese provincial administration, but with the exodus of the higher functionaries his role had increased in importance, though the pay remained much the same. If the wealth of Catalunya was legendary elsewhere, that legend was not currently in evidence in Zaragoza.

Estancias_testero_norte_aljaferia.jpg

the Aljafería

Instead of an Aiax the entrance of the Aljafería was populated by a begging cripple.
"Looks like we have a new doorman," Guillem told the man as he passed.
"I'll take the job. What's the pay?" Laughing, Guillem stopped and handed the man a quarter real from his own pocket. Better to sponsor this one to keep all the others away.
"Do your job well, and I'll make sure you'll be budgeted. Do I need to explain your duties?"
"I was a sergeant of the marines in our Most Serene Republic's navy, good sir. I think I can handle it. Do I need a uniform?" Guillem's smile of amusement changed to one of genuine pleasure.
"You are definitely hired. My name is Guillem Sanches, assistant financial magistrate; pleased to make your acquaintance." The cripple gets up, leaning on his crutches. One leg of his breeches is empty and pinned back.
"Sergeant Raul Intxausti, the pleasure is all mine."

Looking out of the window of his office, Guillem surveyed the city. It still looked quite grand from a distance. Vast amounts of marble, plazas, and cathedral towers characterized the city scape. There were far fewer people than before, and those who stayed were the old, the young, the infirm and the unenterprising. What healthy males remained were often conscripted into the armed forces. What remained in Zaragoza was emblematic of all of Andalucia la Vella: the remnants of empire, and a pervading sense of decay and decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.