• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think you can fight for at least a draw KoM?

As a neutral observer, I'd like to comment on this. The curious case is the following: Russia has an army far larger than it can afford at full maintenance. The KoMgols did not make this mistake. The Russians have a simple choice: shrink the army, one way or another, and fight at full maintenance, or fight at lower maintenance. Obviously, picking option 2 will eventually result in option 1 - 'sending them at the KoMgols' is as effective a way of shrinking the army as any. Whether there will be any economy left at that point remains to be seen. The infamous Catalunyan Economist Corps is, as always, sceptical - and there are always the Bavarians to force re-doing the calculations...

So far, Russia has, I believe, offered a WP.

Russia did indeed offer a WP at one point. Then we rehosted, and the offer was apparently withdrawn, possibly because pilis convinced jodokus the war was winnable? At any rate, the last offer I had from Russia was for the five provinces.

To answer the question, yes, I do think I can fight the Russians to a draw; pilis taught me, last week, how to drag out a Siberian campaign endlessly without decision. Also, let it be noted that I'm not in fact fighting alone; Qin has declared its support, in accordance with our alliance. Qin is of course a bit busy in Bengal at the moment, but that cannot last forever.

The infamous Catalunyan Economist Corps is, as always, sceptical - and there are always the Bavarians to force re-doing the calculations...

What does the Catalunyan Economist Corps think about Croatia having the fastest growing economy in the world?

I will also note that Russia is almost completely out of manpower. The Mongols do not have to fight much longer to see the Russian citizenry completely void of fighting age men.

So do you think you can fight for at least a draw KoM?

Russian manpower is nearly depleted.

As said Qin Peacekeepers are positioned in Bengal to protect Chinese citizens who were constructing infrastructure, Kongese troops show their superb fire discipline by not firing upon any neutral Chinese paramilitary operating in the zone.

Meanwhile 3 Chinese Armies operating interdependently have arrived in the Punjabi theater and have checked the Tripolitan advance, counter attacks are planned to drive out Tripoli.

This one isn't quite right. Croatia joined against Persia in defense of its allies: Persia had joined the Bengal war, been offered a WP, and refused. It was the same war as the Bengal war.

As for the marching, it was a mistake on my part, I missed what Ike had told me earlier about not using his land in all the chatter. All my stacks were re-routed through Jalayirids, or else amphibiously landed in order to comply with the treaty once Ike told me again - only a few, two or three, actually did enter Persia through Tripolitanian lands before that.

Which is more than can be said of the opposite situation of Persia marching through Punjabi lands to attack India in violation of Punjabi treaties, a sustained breach of treaty that neither Persia nor Punjab made any attempt to correct. Although a minor breach compared to the major one of Punjab joining the war itself.

Persian troops were in Punjab before the Kongolese invasion of peacefull Bengal begun. During the war they avoided confontrating Tripoli by our agreement and Arrived to Delhi, but they actually Never entered either Bengal, nor into Kongo, nor engage Kongolese troops in there. In all cases its always the duty of signatories to controll how they keep up their treaties, But Punjab did not actually commit any crime by allowing Persian troops do something that they actually did not do. For other treaty breakings by Punjab, its up to its player to answer.

Tripoli in otherhand allowed Kongolese troops to enter directly to Persia despite our NAP and those troops that incursed into Palestina kept manouvring trough southern Iraq and costed Persia basicly to loose the war. This naturally couses us to cut all our diplomatic relationship with Tripoli who we falsely believed to be trustworthy in order to protect the free world from Kongolese menace that is spreading its evil tentacles across the world. Nations that protect that empire of evil cannot be Persian friends nor will Persia sign any contracts or agreements with them as long as they have chosen the dark side.

For peanuts here is the treaty that Punjab broke in order to attack Tripoli. There are no excuses that could prove that they did not broke this treaty. (Tripoli is a not a signatory but protected by this treaty also)

Treaty of Samarkand

The Kingdom of Kongo and the Republic of Punjab agree on the following terms:

The Kingdom of Kongo will transfer Asian provinces from its overlordship to Punjab's, for an undisclosed reduction in price. In return, for each province transferred, the non aggression pact currently in force between Kongo and Punjab will be extended 25 years.

During the length of said treaty, Punjab will not war against Tripoli or Ethiopia.

During the length of said treaty, Kongo reserves its right to defend Tripoli or Ethiopia against Persian attack, but will not join in attacks against Persia. Punjab reserves its right to defend Persia against African attack, but will not join in aggressive wars against the Africans.

The NAP in question follows "Elcyionic" terms, and as such prevents giving military access or other such things to parties at war with the other.

So Peanuts as you see the oh so mighty Qin is defending someone that broke his oath deliberately, knowing that they had a NAP which prevented any wars with Tripoli. They actually broke it when they send the first spy to Tripoli to be honest according to the Terms of Elcyion. So shame on Qin who protects those who break treaties deliberately. Tripoli on the other hand broke it's treaty accidentally.

Tripoli on the other hand broke it's treaty accidentally.

tripoli broke its treaty by not paying attention and by not taking required precautions in order to prevent belligrents of exploiting its neutrality

Last edited:
Someone asked for a screenshot of the Italian peninsula, so here it is.

Italy_1715.png

Nations outlined in colours are someone's vassal.

The World of 1715
As Noted Down By Remarkably Objective Andalusian Historiographers, Inspired As They Are By Divine Savegames

Topography

Nations, Blobbed

Nations, Unblobbed

Income
Average Income Per Province
Red = 4.35335 ducats per province per month; Green = 24.3388875 ducats per province per month.

Income per Nation
Red = 174.134 ducats per month; Green = 2352.125 ducats per month.

Technology
Average Tech Level
Red = 34.2; Green = 44.0.

Tech Speed
Red = 14.8157790846; Green = 696.951738953.

Development
Average Buildings per Province, per Nation
Red = 7.97435897436 buildings per province; Green = 21.7916666667 buildings per province.

Buildings per Province
Red = 0 buildings per province; Green = 28 buildings per province.

Military
Army Size

Navy Size

Culture & Religion
Cultures

Religion

Not much time left to conquer. I predict a mad dash to the highly populated areas. Unless this Great Balance thing keeps everyone from making too big of demands. But crazy things have happened this game and there could be another balance-breaker like the Slavic Coalition.

*cough*african perma-alliance since 1399 *cough*

talk about balance, game, patience and never breaker indeed ;) But hey thank god nobody is actually doing anything to it, or ever has... aside Persia with thin results...

In the spirit of moving away from personal attacks and back towards AAR:

Player Nations by Technology

Government:

USA 44
Kongo 44
Malaya 42
Qin 42
Bavaria 41
Catalunya 41
Croatia 41
Ethiopia 39
Novgorod 38