• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I'm always happy to have readers. But nonetheless I suggest that, if you don't like the format of weekly short stories with a rather tenuous connection to the underlying gameplay, then perhaps my AAR is not the right one for you. Irsh Faq wrote a nice one with the diplomatic and gameplay details of the Indian campaign, if that's what floats your boat. It's perfectly OK if you like his AAR better than mine. (He said bravely while his lips trembled.) But as a favour, could you just ignore those posts you don't follow, rather than complaining about them?

Finally, if you check back a couple of pages to what was posted right after the session, there's more game-oriented stuff. Post 270, for example, summarises the ingame happenings from my point of view.

This AAR is OK, especially if someone sums up the situation in 5 sentences and not in an essay where on the end its pretty much open for interpretation on what happened (Thats why i appricate the style of Emperor Ike). Trough a few more screens would be nice, im more the visual type and less the readAAR.

This AAR is OK, especially if someone sums up the situation in 5 sentences and not in an essay where on the end its pretty much open for interpretation on what happened (Thats why i appricate the style of Emperor Ike). Trough a few more screens would be nice, im more the visual type and less the readAAR.

Then ask if one of the other players can do one, don't complain about KoM's masterpieces.

This leaves Croatia and Persia staring menacingly at each other from across the straits....

300d1.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, so I just complained about people who complain about other people's posts, but... do you really need to quote the whole AAR just to post one image in response? A simple

Frosty said:
Perfidious propaganda by Persian perjurers

would have done. :)

You could always watch my Lets Play of the Session which is sorta just like being there playing the game!

except it focuses only on Qin (understandable, since you [the player] can't really see anything else), so we don't get to see the epic warfare happening all over Persia and Punjab and Mongolia, etc.

I like FrozenWall's aars. I'm learning quite a bit about the finer points of EU3 strategy from them.

Then ask if one of the other players can do one, don't complain about KoM's masterpieces.

Well if you did read my comment (which you apparently didn't), i did ask for screens "Trough a few more screens would be nice" and i didn't complain but amade a constructive suggestion "especially if someone sums up the situation in 5 sentences and not in an essay where on the end its pretty much open for interpretation on what happened". I didn't demand anything nor did I say that his updates are bad. Seems im not the only one who doesn't like to read...

Sid Meier-I did do that, but it doesn't really show the real perspective of the players. But I liked the rage :D (LEEEMEEE THINK :D).

THE STORY OF ST. JESUS THE CARPENTER AND THE PAGANS OF INDIA (Incompleted)

In the year five after the disclosure of certain unpleasant facts about King Mojo IV of Berlin – which made him leave the office and turn another century in the chronology, the Bishop of Milan and the holy fathers of Dar ez Salaam gave a Bull that all people between the River Thames and river Rhine should be baptized to the holy faith of St. Jesus the Carpenter.
It was Gods will!

And in second meeting between this holy council of baptizing the Indian people, the church elderly decided to change that Bull to baptize only suspiciously looking Indians between the great oriental rivers of Thames and Rhine to cross-believers of the church of St. Jesus the Carpenter!
In addition of that, they decided that St. Jesus the Carpenter himself should attend in such activities and take (preferably permanent) residence among those lands, in some of their great oriental cities (such as Cardiff or Stockholm).

And Behold! St. Jesus answered: “Hell no!”
And thus were the realm of darkness denounced, and the victory of Leipzig’s carpenters, the holy fible, god and the cross-shaped fish ensured!
Halleluiah!

And in second morning after the After-synod parties, St. Jesus the Carpenter was asked again whether he would still want to reconsider his stance. And on the second morning of the after-synod parties, St. Jesus the carpenter answered:
“Hell no!”

And there was lot rejoicing among his disciples and the believers. All the people run to the streets and sung: “Fallen, fallen, fallen is the Babylon to great!”
And truly was the Babylon fallen and the cross-people freed from its chains.
Halleluiah!

But as the synod and the bulla was unable to send St. Jesus the carpenter to baptize the people of Indians to the true faith, the Bishops and holy fathers decided to terminate his lease to the penthouse of the St. Jim’s cathedral in Leipzig. Such caused lot of galore and outcry and the turns of the Seventh great schism was counted to start from it. But as those matters are for different chronicles of the church of god and holy cross shaped fish, let’s just say here, that after St.Jesus the Carpenter had lost in a duel with Chairman of the Lissabon’s association of former choir-boys, the General-magnimatus St. Jorge the Foul, St. Jesus retreated with his loyal disciples to the darker alleys of Leipzig and seek sanctuary in the hands of the Greta III, a famous sister of the Gabriel-of-Tyne, the great troll under the bridge of Nieberlung…

[The original transcription consisted a good presentation of the bridge of Nieberlung, but is omitted here]

…which then turned into pack of purple crucian carps. And thus said Great III: “Behold! It is a sign from god!”
“Bollocks”
Said St. Jesus and looked into other direction. But anywhere he looked the world, the sky and the seas told him: “Build an arch! Sail downstream to river Thames to seek the heartlands of India, Bring us gold and chirms; and lots of delicate fur coats.”

And St. Jesus the Carpenter thought to himself: It is a god’s will!

And on the sixth year after the departure of King Mojo IV, St. Jesus the Carpenter participated in the great cruise down river Thames that included an air-conditioned buss travel to the shores of Rhine where the cruise (Now called Da’ Cruise II and it included for short moment, a reunion of Gothamund, the famous ABBA cover band from Paris whose past and present members were among the celebrated cruise guests) took upstream almost reaching the rapids of Ulan Batar, in Mongolia, where under the holy mountain of McCoon the disciples and cruise-guest took part in the epic battle between Gods of the Indian pagan believes.

In the several bootlegs of the unofficial apocryphal texts of the holy Fible, it is said that St. Jesus the Carpenter was allegedly participating in illegal betting of the outcome of that mentioned epic battle, but in the official Fible, the book of Maharishi focus on denouncing the other allegations during this cruise, that St. Jesus the Carpenter was associated to the Miss Outer Mongolia of 1345 (It is the year 8 after the revival of the space hippos of Mars in the holy fiblian timeline), whom was also known as the vice-princes of the house of Khaal that was a local minor royal or noble family, later made famous in their claims to the throne of Tibet with their alleged son of a god, Muamnar IV, who was a bastard of Miss outer-Mongolia of 1345, but was calculated to have been conceived during the visit of St. Jesus the Carpenter to Mongolia and other Indian minor states.

And after the cruise guests had basicly divided to two separate entourages, the grand crusade to baptize people of oriental India took their direction to Athen, the famous and mythical capital of India…

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

And after a mutual decision not to want to hear more of the the story, the people in the province of Madras turned into Christianity

A SUMMARY
In the year five after the disclosure… fathers of Dar ez Salaam gave a Bull that all… faith of St. Jesus the Carpenter. …only suspiciously looking Indians. …Were the realm of darkness… All the people run to the streets. His loyal disciples to the darker alleys of Leipzig… to seek the heartlands of India… the famous ABBA cover band. …of Khaal that was a local minor. and mythical capital of India.

Last edited:
Either you are going easy on the new initiates Golle, or your English has improved so much that you're just not able to write abstruse drug-trip-like AARs anymore... It took much less work to figure out what the plot was this time.

fasquardon

Heart Of Darkness:

Kongo in the wake of the Gujarati War:

So, if you've been reading Elcyion's stats and looking at Oddman's maps, you'll already know a bit about Kongo. I play a mid-rank power, a bit weaker than the Christian powers (or Malaya) and a bit stronger than the other Asians or the Americans. My realm is large and poor. I am also so far out of trade range with anywhere that my merchants can't reach even any other place in Africa to trade, let alone the rest of the world. I have one of the highest yearly magistrate gains in the world (much of Europe outperforms me though) due to Kongo's more enlightened approach to governance (elections are very serious business in Kongo). I am a leader in land tech, though no longer the leader, due to a brief dash for government tech to get my second and third NI slots, and a rash of bad events in the second session. I also have the fourth largest manpower pool in the world.

Given that I need to westernize soon, the problems of being large and poor present certain benefits to me. It keeps my tech speed below both of my neighbours. The military strength, combined with my tropical land and general lack of very many valuable things means I stand a decent chance of reforming my country without serious damage being inflicted on me from without. In the long term, my economic weaknesses will prove a real drag unless adressed intelligently.

fasquardon

Either you are going easy on the new initiates Golle, or your English has improved so much that you're just not able to write abstruse drug-trip-like AARs anymore... It took much less work to figure out what the plot was this time.

damn :(

The World of 1514
As Noted Down By Remarkably Objective Andalusian Historiographers, Inspired As They Are By Divine Savegames

Topography

Nations, Blobbed

Nations, Unblobbed

Income
Average Income Per Province
Red = 1.64475555556 ducats per province per month; Green = 6.79647619048 ducats per province per month.

Income per Nation
Red = 6.579 ducats per month; Green = 620.762 ducats per month.

Technology
Average Tech Level
Red = 8.0; Green = 16.8.

Development
Average Buildings per Province, per Nation
Red = 0.0 buildings per province; Green = 6.65625 buildings per province.

Buildings per Province
Red = 0 buildings per province; Green = 17 buildings per province.

Military
Army Size

Navy Size

Culture & Religion
Cultures

Religion

To complement Oddman's maps, some text data:

Top Five Income:
Bavaria 8145/year
Catalunya 8077/year
England 3989/year
Croatia 3678/year