+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VRRP Lite?

VRRP Lite?

As some of you may be aware I'm working on a converter project to convert EU3 saves to Victoria 2.

Now I'm not entirely sure but PDM and maybe VRRP? Have events that may or may not be added or adjusted/suitable to a massively ahistorical game.

How suitable will VRRP be out of the box and if not too suitable would it be possible to get an VRRP lite?

Thanks!

Assumed Results:

1. Most of the world (ie China) will be civilized.
    2. Most will probably have around 50% literacy.
    3. RGOs will either be vanilla or VRRP if VRRP makes changes.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Wait for Kons answer, but:
    1) you have to keep Jan Mayen together with the state UNIT that only owns Jan Mayen.
    2) except Jan Mayen we have only the Vanilla country specific events
    3) the RGO goods and the Pop setup is modified
    4) the new current beta of VRRP is not balanced at the moment, so your converter can not do any additional damage.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

VRRP focuses almost entirely on general game mechanics rather than country-specific content. VRRP should work just as well with any alternative starting setup. The only things that could cause significant problems would be if the population distribution of the world is very different from the vanilla start, as it would affect world RGO production and could make it heavily unbalanced at game start (though this is pretty much a general issue with a savegame converter, not so much a VRRP issue).
    So.. digital distribution equals communism?
    I disagree SO MUCH that I have to close this thread now.
    -Kallocain

Victoria 2 Realism & Rebalance Project 2010-2014, Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by KonradRichtmark View Post
    VRRP focuses almost entirely on general game mechanics rather than country-specific content. VRRP should work just as well with any alternative starting setup. The only things that could cause significant problems would be if the population distribution of the world is very different from the vanilla start, as it would affect world RGO production and could make it heavily unbalanced at game start (though this is pretty much a general issue with a savegame converter, not so much a VRRP issue).
    Yes but if your market is a working market economy than it should rebalance nu? As long as population like 1% rich, 5% middle, 94% poor is more or less the same?
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Yes, it will rebalance on its own. It will do so somehow right now, and will (presumably) even do it better when we get RGO dynamism implemented. However, imo there's still something inherently wrong about a world that suddenly is thrown out of balance on Jan 1 1836. After all, the world didn't begin to exist on Jan 1 1836. The status quo of Jan 1 1836 should be a result of what happened before, and thus be in some kind of equilibrium.
    -Kallocain

Also, on the issue of population, VRRP should require there to be a certain proportion of RGO workers to artisans for the economy to be in balance. Thanks to the firing of RGO workers from overproducing RGOs and economy-driven migration, market imbalances in single RGO goods are pretty well evened out on their own, but general over- or underproduction of (all) RGO goods still remains an issue.
    -Kallocain

Do I need to merge the "UNIT" country into the game and how do I do so?
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I try loading our output conversion save that works with vanilla victoria 2, but has 0 people and 'nogovernment' and other missing information when I load it in vrrp, whats wrong?

edit: added save.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sid Meier; 04-05-2011 at 20:50.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Meier View Post
    Do I need to merge the "UNIT" country into the game and how do I do so?
    You just have to give Jan Mayen to the country UNIT (short: UNI). You should place around 1000 people on Jan Mayen. You find the country files in the mod.

I try loading our output conversion save that works with vanilla victoria 2, but has 0 people and 'nogovernment' and other missing information when I load it in vrrp, whats wrong?

edit: added save.
    Jan Mayen has to be owned by UNIT, but you already know this.

We have new issues in VRRP, but leaving them out should not cause problems.

The naval techs are renamed in VRRP and this should cause problems.

What VRRP version do you use? The RGO goods differ between VRRP and Vanilla.

In general a save game that is compatible with Vanilla, sgould not work with VRRP and vice versa.

Back onto this topic, how do you differently arrange the save? Last time i tried to it said "population 0" for each nation although clicking the provinces themselves they had people.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I don't think that world getting thrown a little out of balance 1936 is too immersion-breaking, since EU3 ends 21 and Vic2 begins 36 you can just tell yourself something happened in-between 15 years.

Back onto this topic, how do you differently arrange the save? Last time i tried to it said "population 0" for each nation although clicking the provinces themselves they had people.
    I have no idea. The saves should be look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Toukkis View Post
    I don't think that world getting thrown a little out of balance 1936 is too immersion-breaking, since EU3 ends 21 and Vic2 begins 36 you can just tell yourself something happened in-between 15 years.

What.

EU3 can be modded to end 1836, this isn't a problem (I assume you meant 1836), the problem is that when I tried to use a VRRP save with our converter as a "template" the world's population was dislocated from the province population, while PDM worked just fine as a template so there's a change somewhere that Victoria otherwise doesn't notice.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

+ Reply to Thread