• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps you ought to buy off the Papal Controller to get that excommunication lifted, although you seem to be taking advantage of it quite nicely :D

quick update 2:I'd like to thank you all for your posts,and sorry for not replying to your AARs,but very soon I will buy EU3 DW from Steam and as soon I register it,I'l invade yours with comments as i did with Aquaellia(attempt at joke).Thanks for the support.:)

I say you should now pick to focus either on the Balkans or Italy. What you should base that on in my opinion is which area you can take quicker. IF their is a great power threatening to rise up in Italy, stamp it down and then advance as you please. If you have no credible threats in Italy, you should go for the Balkans and defeat the Ottomans at the first opportunity by taking advantage of your navy. If you do not, they will only get stronger and you really want to fight them on your terms, not theirs.

I say you should now pick to focus either on the Balkans or Italy. What you should base that on in my opinion is which area you can take quicker. IF their is a great power threatening to rise up in Italy, stamp it down and then advance as you please. If you have no credible threats in Italy, you should go for the Balkans and defeat the Ottomans at the first opportunity by taking advantage of your navy. If you do not, they will only get stronger and you really want to fight them on your terms, not theirs.

You do have a point,and thanks for the advice,but for the moment I plan on a long peace[by long I mean 20 years or so]because of my infamy and I'm going trough a bad period,because my inflation is 11 and rising >.<

You do have a point,and thanks for the advice,but for the moment I plan on a long peace[by long I mean 20 years or so]because of my infamy and I'm going trough a bad period,because my inflation is 11 and rising >.<

Good, because i thought: ''The infamy? 29.00?! That's crazy for a trading nation!
Good that you will calm down now.

The Great Recesion

No one could crush Venice.Aquellia fell,Sardinia and Achea were annexed,Hungary lost it's ports and Milan was crushed along with it's coaliation.But a greater enemy has came.The best leaders,the biggest armies,no one can defeat it.Economic crisis.Beign a trading nation,trade was Venice base of economy.The people lived in riches,we could double our army with the money and still have enough..until the war with Milan.Altough it was won by the Venetians,the Hansa and Genoa embargoed us.The economy fell.So the only avalible solution was minting.Heavy minting.After decades of minting and teritorial conquest,the inflation was at 12% and rising.At 18 treasury we were gaining 2 ducats per month,so,beign an even more desperate situation than shortly after the embargo,the Ministers agreed to stop minting completly.There was no money left in the country.We had to destroy our armies,our navy,sack the advisors and no help.After years of loans,Venice got bankrupt.The once great trading nation is now crushed,beign far behind all other nations in techonogy,with much smaller armies and practicaly no navy.The boat that Venice was supposed to be on crashes and burns to ashes.
EU3_30.jpg
EU3_31.jpg

Well..I have some bag news.I decided I will end this AAR.The inflation is rising again ever on 0 minting..also..I played till around and I am DOWed by the Ottomans and Hungary..with the result beign annexation.I reloaded the save several times and I still got DOWed.I am sorry that this is a failed AAR..also beign my first:(

That's a shame, but this is a good effort for your first AAR!

Venetian hegemony of Italy

EU3_21.jpg

Styria.One of the two countries that declared independence from Austria during the initial Venetian expansion.We never got along with them,altough we funded the rebels during the uprising.Now,decades later,they defy Venetian rule over their southern provinces.Milan,our long-time enemy is allied with Styria,and they support Styria's claims on Karnten.This is the last drip in the glass.
EU3_22.jpg

After some hard-won battles,Lombardy has fallen under Venetian rule.The following concquest of Milanesse North Italy has made them accept the release of Siena and Pisa as countries under Venetian Influence
EU3_25.jpg

The conquest of Styria was done relatively quick.The loss of Linz and of their capital had made them capitulate,recognizing Venetian rule on their southern provinces.
EU3_39.jpg

Bohemia,seeing that the war has no reason to be continued at this point,has made a white peace with the italian state.
EU3_37.jpg

Mantua,thinking that Venetia is weakend after the conflict,has declared war.
EU3_40.jpg

A small Venetian army managed to conquer Mantua in two months.The regime in Mantua was changed to one more loyal to Venetia,and then peace was concluded.
EU3_46.jpg

The only loss of this war was Siena.The cowards betrayed Venice when Mantua declared war,and the regime considered that the only punishment aplicable to Siena is anexation,to be asured that they can't betray us no longer.
EU3_53.jpg

EU3_57.jpg

With Venice now owning half of North Italy,and having all of Central Italy allied to her,the only threats that remain are Milan and Naples.

how did you lost all that infamy?

Well,I've released the countries I ocupied in the Balkans :).Also,I had a mission of converting a province(if i remember right the province was Athens)and that also helped a lil' bit,reducing infamy with 10.

Venetian conquest of Northern and Central Italy

EU3_59.jpg

With the "Conquest" casus beli,I have yet again delared war on Milan.The expeditions in Milan went really smooth.The troops were almost inexistent,with the exception of a 12k army that was easly crushed at the battle of Liguria.
EU3_65.jpg

With their capital in Venetian lands,the milanesse accepted a prety harsh peace imposed by Venetia
EU3_66.jpg

Bohemia,after the surender of Provence and Milan,it also accepted peace
EU3_69.jpg

The Papal States had canceled the alliance it had with Venice,so for the sake of revenge,a invasion of the states was launched.
After the fall of Rome,the other provinces were left unguarded.In 1 month Venetia owned Rome
EU3_78.jpg

Pisa.The republic was once a vasal of Venice.Now they broke our alliance they had with us and they own a rightfully-diserved venetian province,Frizene.
EU3_82.jpg

Also,in my favor,Milan joined the war in the side of Pisa.This time after the military ocupation Liguria and Lombardy were directly anexed into the Venetian Republic.
EU3_86.jpg

Pisa suffered the same fate.Now the only province that has to be conquered for the unification of Italy is Ancona
EU3_89.jpg

Now the only real threat in the peninsula is Naples wich can't really harm us for now.They have a Regency Council and they also have a smaller military force.Also we are allied with France:).
EU3_MAP_VEN_1435710_1.jpg