• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(295767)

Sergeant
Apr 3, 2011
First of,id like to welcome you to my first AAR.I started at the Grand Campaign bookmark.My goals are to unite Italy,to establish myself as a power in the Mediteranean,and,in the long term,to monopolize the New World.
Tomorow i wil start posting,so I would like to see some post with suggestions.Thank you!^_^

First thing you should do is not play Venice. ;) Its overplayed but hey, this could be good. My suggestion? Conquer every island in the Mediterranean sea, including Gibralter so you can control the entrance to the ocean. And sicily. Along with uniting Italy, you should be set to go. But remember to change the flag and color of Italy if you can, the original flag and colors are puke ugly.

Chapter I - Uniting North Italy
EU3_3.jpg

It's year 1399.Venice is a small republic in Northeast Italy.It has enemies on all sides:Austria in the north,Milan in the west and Aquaellia in the east;all of these must fall for a Venetian North Italy.

War with Aquaellia

The first mission I get is Conquering Friulli,wich is the Aquellian Capital.The war seemed easy,but the problem was that Aquellia is part of the Holy Roman Empire,with the Emperor beign from Hungary,so i got to make them declare war on me.
EU3_5.jpg
Montenegro!
So I declare war with the Reconquest Casus Beli,and the plan works.War with Aquaellia,no Hungary.
The small balkan army managed to ocupy Zeta.
EU3_7.jpg
After i anexed Montenegro,i tranported half of the army to Italy.
EU3_8.jpg

The war in Italy was initialy going very slow,but after the fall of Friulli and the expansion of my armies,it has got progresing very smooth.After a short time I anexed their teritories
EU3_11.jpg

But the war had made it's Venetian victims.The unrest in Crete forced me to release it as a vassal :(.
EU3_16.jpg

Wow, tremendous start so far! One thing you might not know -- the Emperor will never intervene if you have a legitimate CB. (At least, Reconquest and Subjugation, in my experience).

Wow, tremendous start so far! One thing you might not know -- the Emperor will never intervene if you have a legitimate CB. (At least, Reconquest and Subjugation, in my experience).

I believe that only applies between 2 member states. Venice does not start out as a member of the Empire. However, joining might have solved that problem.

Wow, nice luck there with snatching up Aquellia really early. Got their gold provinces and now its a clear shot for North Italy with Milan right?

I would wait on Milan for a while. If you wait a while, you will get a mission that will give you a CB on them. Try to gain admittance to the empire during that time. Also, Try to build up your strength to battle the Hungarians at some point. If you can seize Croatia and Dalmatia from them, you will only need to seize Ragusa to link up your Balkan and Italian holdings.

Sort of.If you put there a large navy,you will prevent your Non-Western European enemies to enter the Mediteranean or for the Mediteranean countries to enter the Ocean.

Last edited:
"Interbellum".Conquest of Sardinia and consolidation of the Balkans.

Milan.Milan.The violet blob in Italy;their armies are bigger,they are alied with Naples,so they are more powerfull at the moment.But a two front war may resolve the problem.Let's see,I can't conquer anything in the north,the south is controled by the Pope,so it's not an option.West.The little island of Sardinia is a perfect choice.Also they are alied with Achea,wich is one of my targest.Sooo..DOW
EU3_1.jpg

After a rather short siege (for an 3k army)Sardinia falls under Venetian rule.
EU3_4-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Antonie Vertigo.He was a good leader,but now it's time for elections.Hmm.Military Candidate
EU3_6.jpg
[/IMG]
Now.Greece.I get Military acces from Ragusa,so my main army marched into the Balkans.After a verry short time,Achea surenders,and now half of Greece is Venetian
EU3_9-1.jpg

Also,I inherited Corfu :].
EU3_10-1.jpg

Quick Update:Here's the map of Venice
EU3_MAP_VEN_1409811_1.jpg
Also,i saw that Milan and Naples are f-wording up the Papal States.Sooo..pool:Should I leave the war as it is so when i annex Milan i get Rome(also keep in mind that my Infamy is sky-high)or should i intervene in favor of the Papal States? :-?

At this rate , you will soon face a coalition of various powers :D
and Aquilea cannot be released , except for their capital , as they lose their cores upon annexation

I don't know about this version of the game, but in previous version, neither Milan nor Naples would annex Rome, so if you want it, you have to fight the pope and annex yourself.

I can confirm this; in every single game of EU 3 I've ever played (Complete, HttT, and DW), nobody other than me has ever taken Rome. Perhaps it's hard coded?

Attempted Pax Venetiana.War with Milan.Balkan Hegemony

The world hates Venice.I can get DOW from France at any moment,so I'd say it's time for a 20-30 years peace.All went well:Techonology progresed,armies recovered and revolt risk went down..until
EU3_17.jpg
Yeah,well..Genoa it's a 2 province minor.same with Swiss.The true problems are Milan and Naples.Naples it's a bit to far to really hurt me,at best they will take Sardinia and some Greek provinces.Soo,All armies to Italy!At first I had only a small force in Italy,so Swis and Genoese troops where preety much destroying me,but after my armies united into a 24k one i preety much steamrolled trough Milan
EU3_26.jpg
.I took Verona and became richer with 13 ducats.Well,I tought this was the begining of Pax Venetiana..untill Hungary DOWed me :(.A quick rush with the main army gained me 3 provinces(Dalmatia,Croatia and Ragusa)Peace treaty,I annex these 3 provinces.
EU3_MAP_VEN_1418416_2.jpg
So the Pax Venetiana thingy was a complete failure,beacause now my infamy is 33.

Well you could relax a bit now that you've conquered so much, it's always a good idea to consolidate once conquests once in awhile :)