+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1438

Thread: "Day of Glory" — Saturdays, 10:00 EST

Aso DasGruntLord is interested.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Yours is no Disgrace Gollevainen's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

I was actually planning to ask Frosty to take over Persia after my temper had coolded, but I understand if russia sounds more intresting choise.
    Now where is foelsgaard...?
    The Professor wrote:
    Also is there a site somewhere where I can google the acronyms you use.

Ulmont wrote:
    Yes. The site is available at www.google.com.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Gollevainen View Post
    I was actually planning to ask Frosty to take over Persia after my temper had coolded, but I understand if russia sounds more intresting choise.
    Now where is foelsgaard...?
    Maybe if people hand back Anatolia, Caucasus and Arabia Otherwise it is simply to indefensible compared to the Rus

If Foels takes Persia it'll be just like old times, except I and vR have switched place
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWall View Post

If Foels takes Persia it'll be just like old times, except I and vR have switched place
    Yeah, who saw that one coming.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Hi. My name is Oddman, and I endorse this notion.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    welcome back.
    I'm moving into my new place tomorrow, and expect I will have internet within the week.

I see you have kicked me from the Ederon diplomatic rooms, plotting against me already? .D
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIILost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2

I'm moving into my new place tomorrow, and expect I will have internet within the week.

I see you have kicked me from the Ederon diplomatic rooms, plotting against me already? .D

they never stopped..this is all just a ploy to make you enter the Great Game again, so they can finally get to you!

Comrade Uzkiye Bryuki Emperor Ike's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Well in case you returned we needed some secret plans that were not for you to see =D
    Fan of the Week 16-03-2007
    WritAAR of the Week 26-12-2012

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Maybe if people hand back Anatolia, Caucasus and Arabia Otherwise it is simply to indefensible compared to the Rus

Persia is though spot, but with good ammount effort and dedication it can be played. You need to secure either the african or the russian border with strong brotherhood... for militarily its though spot, but even I managed to keep it together, and it always took three to four major landpowers to bring me down.
    The Professor wrote:

Ulmont wrote:

Persia has piggy-in-the-middle syndrome, but as Golle demonstrated, that can be weathered with sufficient numbers of friends and good warfighting skill. In V2 it has good population levels and good resources. It also has plenty of directions to expand in.

All in all, not bad. And it is ruled by a Caliph.

fasquardon
    Was:
    Velikii Kniaz of Ruskaya in AfaMG Thread, Diplomacy, AAR.
    King of Navarra in tBCoF: Thread, Diplomacy, AAR.
    Shahanshah of Sakartvelo in TWBW: Thread, AAR.
    Propheteocrat of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in TWBW - In the Balance: Thread, AAR.
    Tyrannos of the Second Republic of Rome, High Speaker of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in ARoW: AAR
    deToulouse Emperor of West Rome in CotF AAR
    Is:
    MweneKongo in DoG

So what are the territorial changes following the last war? People rage quitting sound like some big demands.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There is still nothing defined. As far as we know the war isn't even over yet.
    Last edited by Matnjord; 16-01-2012 at 15:01.
    Ex-Mustachioed Maharajah of Punjab in Day of Glory

Friederich Muss Sterben A PBEM RoP gameplay AAR.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossi View Post
    So what are the territorial changes following the last war? People rage quitting sound like some big demands.
    The war isn't over, and the demands from the two nations who ragequit added up to all of one province.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    No public demands have been made; the raging was over breaking of NAPs and a spot of lawyering, rather than the war as such. In particular, Golle had a NAP with Ethiopia; then Ethiopia DOWed China (thus coming in on the opposite side) in the expectation that Persian and Ethiopian troops would not fight. Ethiopian ships did, however, blockade the Straits at a tactically awkward moment, leading to the near loss of a Persian doomstack. It was in fact able to escape by a retreat north to the Khanate troops that had just seized Cherson and held it against heavy Croatian opposition, but it was a near-run thing, easily as dramatic as my fighting retreat through Germany last week. At any rate, it was the perceived perfidy and lawyering that enraged the Finns, not the actual backstabbing or demands.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

I didn't ragequit becouse of anything spesific, I quit becouse I was in such state of rage that I started to insult an challenge everyone who even dared to type something to me. The rage came from getting decepted for the 16th or so time in the game from the very last people I wished to get decepted. The reasons why I extend that cooling down departure to entire campaing is becouse apparently I get too fastly involved into game-ruining rage when people decieve me with malish intents. I guess I don't fit to play that well games with this type of roster.

There actuall war was not even properly started and from all aspects Russia and china was winning it.
    KoM's mentioned retreat from Thrace via bulgaria and romania by my forces clearly demonstrates how inable Yoshi and fivoin were actually to get anything decive done in the war, aside to manouvre into provinces where russians were not at the beging. The fact that Vr claims that he was not supposed to figth persia and russia*, despite we all, persia, russia and Japan openly stated that we have TS with Qin and that we were going to defend it in the chatt, doesen't impress me that the africans can manouvre this in diplomatic victory either...

Unless the new players decide otherwice, so its down to battle of minds and hearts with them to decide this war.

*(which i found BS as he did "figth" me by blockading bosborous in the most direst moment, and pro's like him don't happen to get those seas by "accident" as he dares to claim)
    Last edited by Gollevainen; 16-01-2012 at 09:23.
    The Professor wrote:

Ulmont wrote:

Dano's drinkin' the kool-aid and believes that we attacked him first by accidently ,blockading some indian port somewhere; apparantly justifying reprisal in the boshorphos without diplomatically informing anyone of it.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

So we've got Frosty in Russia. As for Persia, several people have said "So-and-so is interested" but I haven't seen anyone say "I'm interested". Therefore let it be done in this manner: Whoever shall first post in this thread saying "I'd like to play Persia" shall have the position. Those who have friends who have expressed interest, tell them that if their interest is more than theoretical, now's their chance.
    MP Megacampaigns :

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    So we've got Frosty in Russia. As for Persia, several people have said "So-and-so is interested" but I haven't seen anyone say "I'm interested". Therefore let it be done in this manner: Whoever shall first post in this thread saying "I'd like to play Persia" shall have the position. Those who have friends who have expressed interest, tell them that if their interest is more than theoretical, now's their chance.
    Does Brucolac even have a Paradox account?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

500k club

Well, I'll allow Ederon posts, then.
    MP Megacampaigns :

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Bruco wants the spot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast