• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's great.

So can you tell us whats estimated release time-frame of the new version with new map? And are you planning to include decision system in it?
Yes, i can tell you :cool:
And no, decisions are not yet included.
The plan is to publish TRP on the new map as soon as DH 1.02 is officially published and final, since we need some fixes and enhancements of the 1.02 engine which were implemented after 1.02 beta 1.

Ok, so either I am a bit rusty at the game after not playing it for a while, or this mod is seriously challenging. I have it on Normal/Normal btw.

So I'm playing as Italy, and we are getting our butts handed to us by the Allies. Germany barely made it to Smolensk by 1941, and already they are getting pushed back. I sent about 25~30 expedition force to Germany before the start of the war, AND I had to completely stall my invasion plans in Greece, I just didn't have time to use my Greek invasion force, beat the Greeks, and then send those troops up to the Germany/Russia border in time for Barbarossa.

My navy is getting smacked around brutally, especially after the U.S. entered the war. My African invasion army was doing great, ~55 infantry divisions, and I even managed to encircle and destroy ~10 English divisions at the start but my blitz of Egypt was indefinitely halted and thwarted at the city of Alexandria, every attack failed. I tried alternation between about ~23 attacking at a time while the reserves regained org (To avoid stacking penalties and to provide a continual attack). I was so close to breaking them at Alexandria but all of a sudden the English started getting reinforced there to the max, and in no time I was in a manpower slugmatch vs ~30 superior enemy divisions and growing, I ran out of org and stopped the attack. Thought I would wait and reinforce that area with some troops, but their numbers kept growing. Now at 1942 they have 80 divisons vs my 56, there is no way I can ever break that at this point.

The US just landed in Casablanca, I have only 9 divisions in reserve to spare so I quickly sent them from mainland Italy to Amphib assault Algiers. I drove back some armor divisions in the first couple of weeks but when I reached Oran I was annihilated, I made a huge mistake got encircled by their quicker tanks and 9 units down the drain, didn't have enough time to get my transports to save them.. Aside from the 1 division defensive units I have on the beaches so I didn't get invaded in Libya and my 56 divisions that are in El Alamein standing guard against 80 plus divisions from the English i'm completely out. The US has started to steamroll through Morocco without any obstacles, I have nothing to throw at them at all. The only other units I have are in Belorussia under the command of Germans, pulling them out is not an option since Germany is landlocked with the growing numbers of the Soviets that are slowly but surely pushing them back.

I Don't know what to do! Should I immediately try to abandon Africa and "Try" to transport my divisions from El Alamein to mainland italy for the defense of Italy? I know within the year they'll have North Africa, I have nothing else to defend Italy with... what a disaster :(

Finally, we get our asses kicked by the AI.. Great news !!! :)
And to answer your question, I would pull them back to Italy asap !

Update: ok so I took the advice of regrouping to italy, I didn't have much of a choice though. I got all my divs out of Africa successfully and have around ~6 divs each on each beach in Italy and in the provinces that were partitioned to me after the Yugoslav war event. This is the current situation for the Russian front

screensave2.png

They are getting pushed back hard by the Russians, I am building more divisions to send to the Germans. Other than new divs I am trying to build Coastal Fortifications on all my beaches, and build some AA in provinces with high resources and IC (They are bombing my industry bad, now I only have 2 tech teams in action)

I also have 8 divs of naval bombers attacking enemy ships around Italy, and I have every available ship doing naval interdiction in hopes of catching their transports when they come. Here's the Defense of Italy:

screensave4copy.png

img83

img70

And here's the overview of Europe in general

screensave3ex.png

Not looking so good, I'm thinking of just holding the beaches of Italy and additional troops all to the Russian front. I still have about 30 divisions as expeditionary forces, but they need more. Initially I was planning on invading the soviets through the province of Baku after taking Egypt but that's never going to happen. Right now I think the Axis' gambit will be the Japanese for a swift Soviet victory, a few events popped up and the Japanese AI selected that they could beat the soviet army in that one event that I can't remember, and they never signed a non-aggression pact. Here's the situation in Asia, and at least the Japanese are doing really good which is good news for us I think.

screensave7.png

It's odd but Vichy France refused to give it's asian region to Japan, so when Germany decided to annex Vichy after the allies invaded Casablanca they also got Vichy's asian provinces.. haha.

It looks like Japan will actually beat N. China, is there anyway to get them to attack the soviets? If they don't I don't think we can hold them off much longer, but I'm going to play this scenario to the bitter end no matter what.

Also I didn't cheat with manpower, after Italy joins the axis you get huge manpower events.

Suggestions?

Maybe Russia is a little too powerful in TRP? This is in 1944 now, looking pretty bleak for the Germans and the axis...

Russia

screensave0.png

Germany

screensave1d.png

Russia has anywhere upto ~255 plus divisions on multiple provinces on the Russian/German front too, it's crazy. As Italy there is nothing I can do, I don't even think Japan joining the war would help.

@RomanItalian: It's hard to suggest anything to improve your situation. You should prepare for homeland defense as soon as Germany collapses.

@Bodhisattvas: We're still preparing the release of TRP 1.00 so that we will be able to publish it as soon as DH 1.02 is declared final. Though we've already discovered several new aspects to work on (especially the whole battle logic, that has been unintentionally turned down to very few values in TRP), we will come out with what we've got so far. It's working well, but that's not enough for us. ;)

@TeutonburgerW: Here you are...

TRP100Beta1.jpg

Unfortunately, it's the only handsoff-save from around Barbarossa i've found that's still compatible with our latest development version. So it's just one screenshot for the moment.

Did you really need to post the same exact thing in two different threads?

I posted in separate threads to get a more broad response and get more help from a bigger group of players, how else can I learn tricks if I stick to only one thread? Not like I was spamming, they were completely different.

Just trying to increase my chances that someone can help, I don't see the problem.:mellow:

I posted in separate threads to get a more broad response and get more help from a bigger group of players, how else can I learn tricks if I stick to only one thread? Not like I was spamming, they were completely different.

Just trying to increase my chances that someone can help, I don't see the problem.:mellow:

If you are posting about a mod related issue, what other results can you possibly get outside of the mod's own thread?

The size of the active members for DH, let alone the User Modifications area, is small enough that this is not necessary (notice how several of us, err, "noticed" it).

Unfortunately, I cannot move any of my ships with this mod. I can only do the specific naval missions but I am not able to move ships across tiles or rebase any ships.

I know I have installed this mod correctly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Unfortunately, I cannot move any of my ships with this mod. I can only do the specific naval missions but I am not able to move ships across tiles or rebase any ships.

I know I have installed this mod correctly.

Anyone have any ideas?

So let us just review what you have done there. You have taken a mod from 4 years ago, the mod is done for version 1 of dh and has not been touched since 2011.

Dh is now in version 4, this is 2015, and you expect the mod to work normally.

You are certainly an optimist.

Even dh version 2 was very different to version 1. ...