• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing. Too bad that such events sequence are actually random - it would be great if AI-characters could calculate their lines of succession and act accordingly (maybe in CK2?).

Thanks for all the new comments! I didn't expect this to resurface. :)
Amazing. Too bad that such events sequence are actually random - it would be great if AI-characters could calculate their lines of succession and act accordingly (maybe in CK2?).
They're random? That is too bad. Still, it made for a great narrative. I'll chalk it up to the "Enough monkeys to write Shakespeare" approach. :)

I must say that this is the most impressive thing I’ve ever witnessed in one of my CK games: Eudokia the über-Spy Master coldheartedly murdering her own little brother so that she could put her own infant son on the throne. Pretty much as soon as she gave birth to the little bundle of joy. Talk about motherly love trumping sisterly affection…

FIN

Not just that...she also made her husband his successor/co-emperor!

You could slap this in a Byzantine history book and nobody would even notice. *laughs*

Here I am late to the party as ussual, but... yes. Absolutely, blood-like-liquid-nitrogen brilliant. Goes to prove what they say about older siblings resenting the attention the little ones get, doesn't it.

"Mom always liked you best... And now you're dead! AHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Now to take care of those pesky Rubenids! Perhaps a dinner party - yes, that's it! A nice little banquet for a hundred or so, with a convivial toast just before we nail the windows shut and set the house on fire!

Ha! Loved it! As already noted, you could splice this right into actual Byzantine history and no one would know the difference. It fits perfectly. Now if Demetrios weren't as dumb as a box of rocks, he in turn would murder his wife and son and become emperor himself. But I suspect a more likely RP would be Eudokia murdering her no longer needed dumb, ugly, old husband and finding herself a more suitable consort.

I had a somewhat similar in-family murder in my game just last night. My Count had two sons close in age. Once they got married, the older one had a son and the younger one had a daughter. Wife of Son #1 then murdered Son #2. As it happens, Son #1 is reasonably competent but badly disfigured (harelip). So one might suppose his beautiful wife found him physically distasteful and made arrangements with Son #2 but then got rid of him once he was no longer needed.

But I'm not playing the Byzantines so it doesn't count. ;)

Kudos for a great mini AAR -- and I think I'll check the locks on my bedroom door tonight!

Director, jwolf, great to hear from you two. Getting comments from fellow oldtimers like you is making me feel all nostalgic, warm and fuzzy inside (oh, and old, too :p).

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you around. :)

Thanks for all the new comments! I didn't expect this to resurface. :)
They're random? That is too bad. Still, it made for a great narrative. I'll chalk it up to the "Enough monkeys to write Shakespeare" approach. :)

I'm fairly certain it's not entirely random (eg. the event has a bunch of MTTH modifiers, including traits, having famiy n the line of succession, etc)

Just read it and it was bloody awesome!

Good that I yesterday decided to install CK again after a year's absence as this made me desperately want to play it again :).

Awesome little story, it's so nice when CK actually provides you with logical consequences for your dubious choices :p

Reactions:
Clearly Stuyvesant got a copy of Crusader Kings that is infected with CK2 for added awesomeness :p Amazing sequence of events there, it's almost difficult to believe it was truly random.

Just read it and it was bloody awesome!

Good that I yesterday decided to install CK again after a year's absence as this made me desperately want to play it again :).

Thanks! The nice thing about CK is that amazing stuff can happen at any time - it might be after a three-day epic, or it could be after five minutes of play. It's my favorite pick-up-and-play game of the Paradox titles.

Awesome little story, it's so nice when CK actually provides you with logical consequences for your dubious choices :p

That is an eloquent way of putting it. And thanks for reminding me of the fact that I made some pretty dubious decisions - all in the name of the greater good, of course. :)

Clearly Stuyvesant got a copy of Crusader Kings that is infected with CK2 for added awesomeness :p Amazing sequence of events there, it's almost difficult to believe it was truly random.

Ah, I wish... (I did just pre-order CK2 yesterday). Regardless of whether it was randomness or not, it was the coolest thing I personally ever saw in CK in the six years I've had the game (wait, it's been six years already? I feel old...).

Status
Not open for further replies.