• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow! You certainly did achieve your end goal of a new Roman Empire, and then some! Could we see the Sliders and NI pages? Anyway, congratulations and well done!

I'm not even sure you should continue into VickyII, the game would probably turn into a huge rebel stomp. The only powers that could possibly rival you are Russia and China, and they're way behind. Seems best to me to end on a high note. If you do decide to continue and edit things you may want to do the province shuffling in EU3 before conversion - it only took me a good evening to set up the Kingdom of Jerusalem decision in my game. Not sure how hard event editing is in Vicky2, but it's quite easy in EU3

I plan on cheating like a fiend to get the world to look the way I want it to :) I will add the screenshot you wanted in a little bit.

I believe that the Vicky II conversion is a good idea. You and Russia could vie for taking control of the rest of Europe and Russia could go on a rampage and take most of Asia. Then Russia would be a worthy foe. Also, for your colonies, maybe have them remain, but everyone else's colonies rebel and then all of them join in one massive nation, possibly the United States. They could then cast a greedy eye on your colonies and you could have to worry about them trying to take your colonies from you. Also, I have read this from the beginning and I have got to say this is one of the best AAR's I have ever read, and I am comparing it to some epic AAR's. Even better, it didn't die like some really good AARs. Congrats and good luck with the Vicky II game.

Thanks very much for the kind words! Even if there is no massive war, AHD adds enough fun stuff to do that's going to be worthwhile, I think. My biggest concern is whether or not the game will be too slow to play. Once 2.2b comes out, I'll do a test game or two and judge from there.

EDIT: New screenshot added.

Last edited:
Well you certainly completed your goal of reforming the Roman Empire. I see that your PUs gave you a lot of colonies too. It should be interesting to see how everything pans out when converted to Victoria II.

If you do convert this game and do an AAR over it I would suggest keeping it on this thread because it is technically a continuation of the same story and it would make it much more easier to find it than if you simply created another thread in the Victoria 2 sub-forum.

Great AAR, Avindian!

Thanks again for your kind words! I'm pretty sure I can't just use the same thread, unfortunately -- it's against forum rules (I think). Still, I will post a link here.

Well you certainly completed your goal of reforming the Roman Empire. I see that your PUs gave you a lot of colonies too. It should be interesting to see how everything pans out when converted to Victoria II.

I'm looking forward to it!

I believe that the Vicky II conversion is a good idea. You and Russia could vie for taking control of the rest of Europe and Russia could go on a rampage and take most of Asia. Then Russia would be a worthy foe. Also, for your colonies, maybe have them remain, but everyone else's colonies rebel and then all of them join in one massive nation, possibly the United States. They could then cast a greedy eye on your colonies and you could have to worry about them trying to take your colonies from you. Also, I have read this from the beginning and I have got to say this is one of the best AAR's I have ever read, and I am comparing it to some epic AAR's. Even better, it didn't die like some really good AARs. Congrats and good luck with the Vicky II game.

I would also suggest sending Brazil to South America :(

Some possibilities :
Make Argentina own Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile, Brazil with its historical territories, USA smaller than in OTL at 1836 (mostly 13 colonies area, with some neighbours to the west, it would still have cores but would not be way too strong at start), and then Mexico with...i don't know.
Anyway, La Plata should be an interesting possibility of a power, but USA, Mexico and Brazil should be really powerful.

Oh, don't forget the governments :D i'd bet that you had a great deal of influence at their formations, so...Brazil and the USA being monarchies? While Mexico would be a dictatorship and La Plata...something that should be intersting.

USA should have a strong, professional army and a well-distributed and literate population and strong industry, Mexico being huge but with its population being concentrated on some regions and weak industry.
Brazil would be big, have a powerful navy, african colonies and a kinda big but mostly illiterate population (they revolted in Africa, right?) with a developing industrial capacity
La Plata could be big, but small population (tough it would be literate and with their main culture), they would have a sizeable navy (not as big as Brazil's), good ammount of reforms among other things.

So in such a setup it would be :
Best Navy : Brazil (closely followed by USA)
Best Industry : USA
Biggest population : Mexico
Best Army : USA
Biggest Army : Mexico
Biggest % of literacy : La Plata
Biggest industrial potential : 1. Brazil, if it gets to raise literacy ; 2. USA, if it conquer its cores ; 3. La Plata, if it's population grows fast enough
That is just an example where your emperor abandoned teh americas or just managed to get kicked out of it

Really, lots of possibilities, maybe even add a Gran Colombia in...the Americas could get really interesting in that game considering how different from OTL it was like :)
IMO Brazil and the USA would be perfect American powers, with Mexico and La Plata often threaning their positions with a strong army.

Last edited:
I would also suggest sending Brazil to South America :(

Some possibilities :
Make Argentina own Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile, Brazil with its historical territories, USA smaller than in OTL at 1836 (mostly 13 colonies area, with some neighbours to the west, it would still have cores but would not be way too strong at start), and then Mexico with...i don't know.
Anyway, La Plata should be an interesting possibility of a power, but USA, Mexico and Brazil should be really powerful.

Oh, don't forget the governments :D i'd bet that you had a great deal of influence at their formations, so...Brazil and the USA being monarchies? While Mexico would be a dictatorship and La Plata...something that should be intersting.

USA should have a strong, professional army and a well-distributed and literate population and strong industry, Mexico being huge but with its population being concentrated on some regions and weak industry.
Brazil would be big, have a powerful navy, african colonies and a kinda big but mostly illiterate population (they revolted in Africa, right?) with a developing industrial capacity
La Plata could be big, but small population (tough it would be literate and with their main culture), they would have a sizeable navy (not as big as Brazil's), good ammount of reforms among other things.

So in such a setup it would be :
Best Navy : Brazil (closely followed by USA)
Best Industry : USA
Biggest population : Mexico
Best Army : USA
Biggest Army : Mexico
Biggest % of literacy : La Plata
Biggest industrial potential : 1. Brazil, if it gets to raise literacy ; 2. USA, if it conquer its cores ; 3. La Plata, if it's population grows fast enough
That is just an example where your emperor abandoned teh americas or just managed to get kicked out of it

Really, lots of possibilities, maybe even add a Gran Colombia in...the Americas could get really interesting in that game considering how different from OTL it was like :)
IMO Brazil and the USA would be perfect American powers, with Mexico and La Plata often threaning their positions with a strong army.

That's a lot to think on; I'll have to sit and stare at the map post-conversion, see what works and what doesn't. Of course, Brazil is actually in Africa (it strangely always is in DW) at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot to think on; I'll have to sit and stare at the map post-conversion, see what works and what doesn't. Of course, Brazil is actually in Africa (it strangely always is in DW) at the moment.

I'm quite sure you can do a lot of interesting history about the time between 1821 and 1836!
Maybe helping the brazilians (that would be italian after a lot of help from Italy in conquering some territory :)) to counter something else...
Damn, so many possibilities :D

I'm quite sure you can do a lot of interesting history about the time between 1821 and 1836!
Maybe helping the brazilians (that would be italian after a lot of help from Italy in conquering some territory :)) to counter something else...
Damn, so many possibilities :D

That there certainly are! :)

Just to clear up some points. A V2 continuation should be on the Victoria 2 sub-forum. We need some logic to the organisation of AARs and the one that is adopted relates to the base game in use. So if its played using V2 it goes on the V2 board. Putting a link into the previous AAr as a bump/reminder to readers is common with continuation AARs so that is fine.

Now, more formally, this really isn't the place to discuss the organisation of a new AAR or how to convert EU3-V2. So I'd suggest that such a discussion is done by PM and to keep this thread to appreciate Avindian's awesome creation in EU3

I need the help of a skilled modder to help create a decision in AHD -- PI released the 2.2 patch, but until I can reshape the world the way I want to, I can't properly get started. Alternatively, somebody with A LOT of time on their hands to edit the save file :) PM me if you can help!

As promised, here's the link to the new AAR.