+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 40 55 63 64 65
Results 1,281 to 1,292 of 1292

Thread: Novum Romanum Imperium -- A Tuscany DW AAR

  1. #1281
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Little Apple
    Posts
    10,458
    Quote Originally Posted by arosenberger14 View Post
    Wow! You certainly did achieve your end goal of a new Roman Empire, and then some! Could we see the Sliders and NI pages? Anyway, congratulations and well done!

    I'm not even sure you should continue into VickyII, the game would probably turn into a huge rebel stomp. The only powers that could possibly rival you are Russia and China, and they're way behind. Seems best to me to end on a high note. If you do decide to continue and edit things you may want to do the province shuffling in EU3 before conversion - it only took me a good evening to set up the Kingdom of Jerusalem decision in my game. Not sure how hard event editing is in Vicky2, but it's quite easy in EU3
    I plan on cheating like a fiend to get the world to look the way I want it to I will add the screenshot you wanted in a little bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by History_Buff View Post
    I believe that the Vicky II conversion is a good idea. You and Russia could vie for taking control of the rest of Europe and Russia could go on a rampage and take most of Asia. Then Russia would be a worthy foe. Also, for your colonies, maybe have them remain, but everyone else's colonies rebel and then all of them join in one massive nation, possibly the United States. They could then cast a greedy eye on your colonies and you could have to worry about them trying to take your colonies from you. Also, I have read this from the beginning and I have got to say this is one of the best AAR's I have ever read, and I am comparing it to some epic AAR's. Even better, it didn't die like some really good AARs. Congrats and good luck with the Vicky II game.
    Thanks very much for the kind words! Even if there is no massive war, AHD adds enough fun stuff to do that's going to be worthwhile, I think. My biggest concern is whether or not the game will be too slow to play. Once 2.2b comes out, I'll do a test game or two and judge from there.

    EDIT: New screenshot added.
    Last edited by Avindian; 16-02-2012 at 22:12.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

  2. #1282
    Major Michaelangelo's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    571
    Well you certainly completed your goal of reforming the Roman Empire. I see that your PUs gave you a lot of colonies too. It should be interesting to see how everything pans out when converted to Victoria II.

  3. #1283
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Little Apple
    Posts
    10,458
    Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    If you do convert this game and do an AAR over it I would suggest keeping it on this thread because it is technically a continuation of the same story and it would make it much more easier to find it than if you simply created another thread in the Victoria 2 sub-forum.



    Great AAR, Avindian!
    Thanks again for your kind words! I'm pretty sure I can't just use the same thread, unfortunately -- it's against forum rules (I think). Still, I will post a link here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    Well you certainly completed your goal of reforming the Roman Empire. I see that your PUs gave you a lot of colonies too. It should be interesting to see how everything pans out when converted to Victoria II.
    I'm looking forward to it!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

  4. #1284
    Quote Originally Posted by History_Buff View Post
    I believe that the Vicky II conversion is a good idea. You and Russia could vie for taking control of the rest of Europe and Russia could go on a rampage and take most of Asia. Then Russia would be a worthy foe. Also, for your colonies, maybe have them remain, but everyone else's colonies rebel and then all of them join in one massive nation, possibly the United States. They could then cast a greedy eye on your colonies and you could have to worry about them trying to take your colonies from you. Also, I have read this from the beginning and I have got to say this is one of the best AAR's I have ever read, and I am comparing it to some epic AAR's. Even better, it didn't die like some really good AARs. Congrats and good luck with the Vicky II game.
    I would also suggest sending Brazil to South America

    Some possibilities :
    Make Argentina own Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile, Brazil with its historical territories, USA smaller than in OTL at 1836 (mostly 13 colonies area, with some neighbours to the west, it would still have cores but would not be way too strong at start), and then Mexico with...i don't know.
    Anyway, La Plata should be an interesting possibility of a power, but USA, Mexico and Brazil should be really powerful.

    Oh, don't forget the governments i'd bet that you had a great deal of influence at their formations, so...Brazil and the USA being monarchies? While Mexico would be a dictatorship and La Plata...something that should be intersting.

    USA should have a strong, professional army and a well-distributed and literate population and strong industry, Mexico being huge but with its population being concentrated on some regions and weak industry.
    Brazil would be big, have a powerful navy, african colonies and a kinda big but mostly illiterate population (they revolted in Africa, right?) with a developing industrial capacity
    La Plata could be big, but small population (tough it would be literate and with their main culture), they would have a sizeable navy (not as big as Brazil's), good ammount of reforms among other things.

    So in such a setup it would be :
    Best Navy : Brazil (closely followed by USA)
    Best Industry : USA
    Biggest population : Mexico
    Best Army : USA
    Biggest Army : Mexico
    Biggest % of literacy : La Plata
    Biggest industrial potential : 1. Brazil, if it gets to raise literacy ; 2. USA, if it conquer its cores ; 3. La Plata, if it's population grows fast enough
    That is just an example where your emperor abandoned teh americas or just managed to get kicked out of it

    Really, lots of possibilities, maybe even add a Gran Colombia in...the Americas could get really interesting in that game considering how different from OTL it was like
    IMO Brazil and the USA would be perfect American powers, with Mexico and La Plata often threaning their positions with a strong army.
    Last edited by Duke of Britain; 17-02-2012 at 02:35.

  5. #1285
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Little Apple
    Posts
    10,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    I would also suggest sending Brazil to South America

    Some possibilities :
    Make Argentina own Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile, Brazil with its historical territories, USA smaller than in OTL at 1836 (mostly 13 colonies area, with some neighbours to the west, it would still have cores but would not be way too strong at start), and then Mexico with...i don't know.
    Anyway, La Plata should be an interesting possibility of a power, but USA, Mexico and Brazil should be really powerful.

    Oh, don't forget the governments i'd bet that you had a great deal of influence at their formations, so...Brazil and the USA being monarchies? While Mexico would be a dictatorship and La Plata...something that should be intersting.

    USA should have a strong, professional army and a well-distributed and literate population and strong industry, Mexico being huge but with its population being concentrated on some regions and weak industry.
    Brazil would be big, have a powerful navy, african colonies and a kinda big but mostly illiterate population (they revolted in Africa, right?) with a developing industrial capacity
    La Plata could be big, but small population (tough it would be literate and with their main culture), they would have a sizeable navy (not as big as Brazil's), good ammount of reforms among other things.

    So in such a setup it would be :
    Best Navy : Brazil (closely followed by USA)
    Best Industry : USA
    Biggest population : Mexico
    Best Army : USA
    Biggest Army : Mexico
    Biggest % of literacy : La Plata
    Biggest industrial potential : 1. Brazil, if it gets to raise literacy ; 2. USA, if it conquer its cores ; 3. La Plata, if it's population grows fast enough
    That is just an example where your emperor abandoned teh americas or just managed to get kicked out of it

    Really, lots of possibilities, maybe even add a Gran Colombia in...the Americas could get really interesting in that game considering how different from OTL it was like
    IMO Brazil and the USA would be perfect American powers, with Mexico and La Plata often threaning their positions with a strong army.
    That's a lot to think on; I'll have to sit and stare at the map post-conversion, see what works and what doesn't. Of course, Brazil is actually in Africa (it strangely always is in DW) at the moment.
    Last edited by loki100; 17-02-2012 at 09:51. Reason: removing reference to deleted post
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

  6. #1286
    Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    That's a lot to think on; I'll have to sit and stare at the map post-conversion, see what works and what doesn't. Of course, Brazil is actually in Africa (it strangely always is in DW) at the moment.
    I'm quite sure you can do a lot of interesting history about the time between 1821 and 1836!
    Maybe helping the brazilians (that would be italian after a lot of help from Italy in conquering some territory ) to counter something else...
    Damn, so many possibilities

  7. #1287
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Little Apple
    Posts
    10,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    I'm quite sure you can do a lot of interesting history about the time between 1821 and 1836!
    Maybe helping the brazilians (that would be italian after a lot of help from Italy in conquering some territory ) to counter something else...
    Damn, so many possibilities
    That there certainly are!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

  8. #1288
    Field Marshal loki100's Avatar
    Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    7,561
    Just to clear up some points. A V2 continuation should be on the Victoria 2 sub-forum. We need some logic to the organisation of AARs and the one that is adopted relates to the base game in use. So if its played using V2 it goes on the V2 board. Putting a link into the previous AAr as a bump/reminder to readers is common with continuation AARs so that is fine.

    Now, more formally, this really isn't the place to discuss the organisation of a new AAR or how to convert EU3-V2. So I'd suggest that such a discussion is done by PM and to keep this thread to appreciate Avindian's awesome creation in EU3
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

  9. #1289
    Lt. General generalolaf's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wellington, NZ (Taranaki in EU4)
    Posts
    1,351
    A suitably epic conclusion to this amazing AAR! Eagerly awaiting the sequel
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

    ""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

  10. #1290
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Little Apple
    Posts
    10,458
    Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    A suitably epic conclusion to this amazing AAR! Eagerly awaiting the sequel
    Thanks very much!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

  11. #1291
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Little Apple
    Posts
    10,458
    I need the help of a skilled modder to help create a decision in AHD -- PI released the 2.2 patch, but until I can reshape the world the way I want to, I can't properly get started. Alternatively, somebody with A LOT of time on their hands to edit the save file PM me if you can help!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

  12. #1292
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Little Apple
    Posts
    10,458
    As promised, here's the link to the new AAR.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 40 55 63 64 65

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts