• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im crying atm for the death of my beloved Constantijn de Ruyter :C

On a side note, lots of famous names popping up in game all of a sudden? Van Dijk... Germanicus.

Im crying atm for the death of my beloved Constantijn de Ruyter :C

On a side note, lots of famous names popping up in game all of a sudden? Van Dijk... Germanicus.

I added them to the leader files; pure coincidence that they're so popular right now :)

I really like the way you chuck in these very different updates that drive the story forward so effectively. Doesn't look like Ulrike (cheers, clapping, applause) will have much problem in manipulating Ludovico - he doesn't look like the brightest of the Imperial line

I really like the way you chuck in these very different updates that drive the story forward so effectively. Doesn't look like Ulrike (cheers, clapping, applause) will have much problem in manipulating Ludovico - he doesn't look like the brightest of the Imperial line

I can't check, but I suspect you may be right; he could very well be the dumbest Emperor I've had to date.

Two questions for my loyal readers:

1) Does anybody know the MTTH for moving surrounded capitals? Will the AI always do it or just sometimes do it?

2) If my eastern border is to be the Rhine, which EU 3 DW provinces would that cover? It'd be a lot easier to see where I am if I could inherit France and Burgundy. :mad:

No Vicky 2? And here I was thinking that the limiting of the monarchy and the establishment of the Senate was a lead into the Upper House of Victoria :c oh well, still a great AAR

I think this one would serve best (correct me if i'm wrong):

picture1ng.jpg

No Vicky 2? And here I was thinking that the limiting of the monarchy and the establishment of the Senate was a lead into the Upper House of Victoria :c oh well, still a great AAR

In the end, I just don't think it makes much sense. Who knows? I might change my mind.

I think this one would serve best (correct me if i'm wrong):

picture1ng.jpg

That looks a lot farther east than I remember the border being; anybody else have an idea?

In the end, I just don't think it makes much sense. Who knows? I might change my mind.

That looks a lot farther east than I remember the border being; anybody else have an idea?

I agree with the border in the Lowlands but at Brabant it should follow the western border with Koln and cut through Trier then follow the western border of Worms and then the eastern border with Alsace. Then it's a straight shot to Switzerland. I think he just wants to give you an excuse to dismantle the HRE.

I agree with the border in the Lowlands but at Brabant it should follow the western border with Koln and cut through Trier then follow the western border of Worms and then the eastern border with Alsace. Then it's a straight shot to Switzerland. I think he just wants to give you an excuse to dismantle the HRE.

maybe .... :happy:

maybe .... :happy:

I see. Thanks for the information you two!

In any case, however, it's irrelevant, as I just finished playing to 1821. I have a lot of thinking to do on how I'm going to present the last few years, so I won't update until next week sometime. Expect a mega-update or two; to be honest, not a whole lot goes on the last few years in the game.

And, of course, I didn't inherit any of my PUs. :mad:

Hm. considering the flow of Rhine and Danube rivers ingame, I think the border provinces of the Roman Empire between Mare Germanicum (North Sea) and Pontus Euxinus (Black Sea) would be:

Zeeland
Breda
Limburg
Köln
Trier
Koblenz *
Mainz *
Pfalz
Baden
Württemberg
Konstanz
Ulm *
Schwaben
Augsburg
Salzburg
Linz
Wien (*)
Sopron
Pecs *
Somogy
Osijek
Banat
Transylvania
Wallachia
Silistria

* = optional, can be included, but were only partly inside the Roman borders
interestingly, the real borders run through rivers far more often than the EU3 ones
so the picture is correct except for Utrecht (and maybe Mainz/Koblenz/Ulm)

Hm. considering the flow of Rhine and Danube rivers ingame, I think the border provinces of the Roman Empire between Mare Germanicum (North Sea) and Pontus Euxinus (Black Sea) would be:

Zeeland
Breda
Limburg
Köln
Trier
Koblenz *
Mainz *
Pfalz
Baden
Württemberg
Konstanz
Ulm *
Schwaben
Augsburg
Salzburg
Linz
Wien (*)
Sopron
Pecs *
Somogy
Osijek
Banat
Transylvania
Wallachia
Silistria

* = optional, can be included, but were only partly inside the Roman borders
interestingly, the real borders run through rivers far more often than the EU3 ones
so the picture is correct except for Utrecht (and maybe Mainz/Koblenz/Ulm)

Welcome to the forums! As I said earlier, the game is over (playing wise), but if I for some reason do this again then I'll take that into consideration :)

It is too bad that this will not be continued. It is one of my favorite AARs on the forum. If only there was a way for you to create a massive rival for you to contend with in Victoria to make it fun and enjoyable to play. However, if you achieved all of your goals, I really cannot see a reason behind extending it unless you can find something that would make it exciting. You would essentially be the UK of that game, only much more powerful, so it would be a lot less fun I would imagine.

It is too bad that this will not be continued. It is one of my favorite AARs on the forum. If only there was a way for you to create a massive rival for you to contend with in Victoria to make it fun and enjoyable to play. However, if you achieved all of your goals, I really cannot see a reason behind extending it unless you can find something that would make it exciting. You would essentially be the UK of that game, only much more powerful, so it would be a lot less fun I would imagine.

The only rival who was close was Russia, and up until the very end of the game I was allied with them.

Since during the great 'bot squishing, one of my posts was also squished, I want to reiterate something here.

I'd like some feedback on how we should close out the AAR. There are pretty much two options. First, three updates and State of the Empire. Second, one massive story update and State of the Empire. There are pros and cons to both of them. I also want to know if you guys have any specific requests for the State of the Empire update.

I'm also not sure at all whether I'm going to start a new AAR after this one. NRI has been a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. I don't have any great ideas for one, as of yet.

I'm a great believer in that AARs have a natural life span. Equally the problem with conversion games is you tend to start the next iteration with a huge advantage so its much less interesting to play.

As to the end, it might be an idea to focus on the world outside the Empire? Could put things in context and hint at threats and challenges to come

You should go out with a bang of course. I agree with Loki that I would very much like to see the world outside the empire as well.

As for a new AAR, once a great idea comes, the AAR will follow. Until that moment arrives we fellow readers will just have to wait, however sad that makes me feel already.

PS: I just realized Marshal de Ruyter might have become a little older than he should have been. His year of birth was 1645 and he died somewhere in 1762. 117 years old aint bad right?

Last edited:
I'm a great believer in that AARs have a natural life span. Equally the problem with conversion games is you tend to start the next iteration with a huge advantage so its much less interesting to play.

As to the end, it might be an idea to focus on the world outside the Empire? Could put things in context and hint at threats and challenges to come

You should go out with a bang of course. I agree with Loki that I would very much like to see the world outside the empire as well.

As for a new AAR, once a great idea comes, the AAR will follow. Until that moment arrives we fellow readers will just have to wait, however sad that makes me feel already.

PS: I just realized Marshal de Ruyter might have become a little older than he should have been. His year of birth was 1645 and he died somewhere in 1762. 117 years old aint bad right?

What specifically do you mean by "go out with a bang?" :confused:

Yeah, you caught me on the Marshal :) Next time, I'll really have to keep better track of ages, particularly for characters that aren't created in-game.

EDIT: Having some problems with EU 3 since I reinstalled it; shouldn't affect this AAR, but will delay me updating (although I do want more feedback first). :)

Last edited:
Personally, I would have liked it if you could extend the end date just enough to reconquer the whole Roman Empire. However, if that's out of question, I think three updates + 1 State of Empire would be better :)

Personally, I would have liked it if you could extend the end date just enough to reconquer the whole Roman Empire. However, if that's out of question, I think three updates + 1 State of Empire would be better :)

My only problem with that is that the biggest thing keeping me from having the full Empire is not inheriting PUs, which I have no control over. Other than that, it's really just a few minors left.

Why didn't you integrate the PU's you didn't inherit?