• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This actually inspired me to play my own (albeit unmodified) Tuscan game. You're doing far better than me though, looking at the State of the Empire (and also considering I play Very Easy :p)

Excellent work, can't wait for the first updates of next year!

I didn't think I'd like Tuscany so much until my other AAR readers recommended it; it's the first time I've ever played with an OPM.

great update ... like the way you handled the detail of the review ... and the rather sporting ending

Thanks as always!

What?! David is dead? That sucks! I wonder how Peter will deal with the other 2 guys that got captured.
But who could be number four? These are exciting times for the empire!

I'm very much looking forward to the next update! A merry christmas to you!

For right now, they're just in jail. However, with as vindictive as Peter tends to be, who can say?

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Hmmm... Intriguing. The big question is who is Nr. 4??:ninja:
Even if I was a fan of the Brotherhood, it is very interesting to see them end in such a way and get to know who is in it!

In general a very, very well written and extremely interesting AAR! Cannot wait for more updates! Merry christmas :cool:

Hmmm... Intriguing. The big question is who is Nr. 4??:ninja:
Even if I was a fan of the Brotherhood, it is very interesting to see them end in such a way and get to know who is in it!

In general a very, very well written and extremely interesting AAR! Cannot wait for more updates! Merry christmas :cool:

I toyed with keeping the Society alive for the rest of the game, but the thing I couldn't visualize was how, exactly, I would model them taking over. There's not really an "oligarchy" option (well, a pentarchy) in this game or in Vicky 2, if I decide to continue.

There's Bureaucratic Dictatorship, which I would imagine fits these men's ideals particularly well. A state built towards self-perpetuation is how I like to see it.

There's Bureaucratic Dictatorship, which I would imagine fits these men's ideals particularly well. A state built towards self-perpetuation is how I like to see it.

Maybe... I'll give it some thought, to be sure. After all, one did get away...

Maybe... I'll give it some thought, to be sure. After all, one did get away...

I myself think that the empire should remain an Empire form of government. The Old Roman Empire was an Empire and so should the new be one. Also, I think the empire has served Tuscany and its successor state of Italy rather well.

I myself think that the empire should remain an Empire form of government. The Old Roman Empire was an Empire and so should the new be one. Also, I think the empire has served Tuscany and its successor state of Italy rather well.

Well, in EU 3, I won't change government. If/when I convert to Vicky 2, we'll talk. ;)

Now that was interesting...
I really don't know anything about number Four...i did knew the Emperor's brother was one of them tough...

Nice one!
(And Italy is great!)

I'd hinted at it quite a bit, so you were meant to know he was one of them ;)

Indeed..number four and a shocking betrayal by number five. Methinks number five will regret his actions briefly when an assassin plunges a blade in his back.

I didn't really find it all that shocking (of course, ignoring the fact that since I wrote it, I knew it was going to happen). After all, they murdered his father when he was just an infant.

I didn't really find it all that shocking (of course, ignoring the fact that since I wrote it, I knew it was going to happen). After all, they murdered his father when he was just an infant.
See told you it was not going to end well for the Brethern. All is proceeding as I have forseen it!

See told you it was not going to end well for the Brethern. All is proceeding as I have forseen it!

Perhaps it is.

I'd initially intend to ask you folks your opinions of what I ought to do after the update; unfortunately, I've already started playing again, so I can't pretend to ask you now.

I will, however, give you all an Xmas gift -- a holiday contest!

Cyprus and Savoy are going to be the biggest obstacles to my owning the entire Roman Empire, despite being OPMs. Why?

Winner gets to create a character, if you've already had a character in the AAR, please do not guess until after 12/27.

Savoy is an easy guess but Cyprus is quite difficult.. Allas I have to keep my mouth shut for a a while! So I will take this post to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Savoy is an easy guess but Cyprus is quite difficult.. Allas I have to keep my mouth shut for a a while! So I will take this post to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

The same to you! :D

They are probably in a PU with Muscovy/Russia who are your allies!

They are probably in a PU with Muscovy/Russia who are your allies!

You're really close, but I'm going to give it to you anyway! Cyprus is Orthodox and Savoy is allied with Russia. Russia isn't technically my ally, but they are the largest power in the world. Congratulations!

I've played up to 1763, and I decided to get two things out of the way now.

1) I completely forgot to take any screenshots in 1750, so there will be no "State of the Empire" for 1750. Sorry about that. :(

2) Reclaiming the Roman Empire, with cores, will not happen at this point. Reclaiming the Roman Empire, without cores, is still very much a possibility.

I'm a bit on the fence as to the ultimate fate of this AAR. Specifically, do I continue on into Vicky 2? AHD will almost certainly out before I finish, and I intend to buy that as soon as it's available. There's an excellent chance the converter won't work. Even so, my biggest concern is the ability to create a compelling narrative. EU 3 gives me "free" characters, so to speak, and you all have graciously provided me with some excellent ones as well. A secondary worry is going to be managing this gargantuan empire in Vicky 2; it eventually forced me to give up on the Republic of Russia sequel, and I'm not sure how it will work out with this one.

With all that being said, the good news is that I anticipate updating sometime this week! A couple of pressing matters have been worked out or found to be far less pressing, so I'll have a little more time to update.

Well if you manage to recover all the lands of Rome in EU3 I'm sure we can imagine the coring part ourselves. Not quite sure about V2 either, although Im not very familiar with the game and its capabilities. Lets just see how things go!

I'd wouldn't fuss with the conversion to V2. The problem will be that you will be by far the dominant power (your Russia game at least had other strong states that had survived), and you will have all the large empire management problems of V2. Its a perenial problem with most conversation games (& far worse for those that start with CK), in that by the end of the earlier game the player-country is already dominant.

From my own, limited, experience you can do character-narratives for V2 (& there are now some superb examples), but its a case of making it up and imposing it on the game engine, as there is so little you can actually relate to. I'm not sure if AHD is going to offer much more in this regard - though I vaguely recall some discussion about giving the various parties a bit more logic and character?