• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im quite unsure whether there are still Italian minors around which arent loyal too you. Then it must be something French. Savoy, Toulouse, Guyenne.. if the latter two are even around. Savoy would be the most logical.

My guess is Toulouse for border clean up and integration to your former British territories of Transapline Gaul. Can't wait for the next State of the Empire

Im quite unsure whether there are still Italian minors around which arent loyal too you. Then it must be something French. Savoy, Toulouse, Guyenne.. if the latter two are even around. Savoy would be the most logical.

Savoy isn't French

Most of its provinces are in modern day France.. thats french enough for me! French/Italian then, should fit right into the NRI!

The goal is to, well, meet my goals, not so much to make the game harder :) My hope is the story will keep you entertained more than my facing impossible odds, since that's unlikely without a war with Russia (which I don't intend to pursue).
Hmm, well maybe you could do both? I mean, a complete steamroll of your enemies, even if there is political intrigue, does tend to detract from the whole atmosphere of volatility and possible failure (even if, in game, failure is quite simply impossible at this point, bar not having enough infamy to conquer everything). I'd suggest that you give all your remaining major enemies, France, Spain, Austria, etc, etc, some kind of fairly large beneficial event modifier, something that gives them like -.35 war exhaustion, -.50 inflation, -20% tech costs, and +100% manpower/max regiment size. It wont make any of them real challenges, considering how you own half of Europe, but it should at least make the fights a bit more slog-like and fun to play through.

Last edited:
*thinks for half a second again*
Wait! Obscure...
You want a PU with someone but who?

The civil war chain is a bit buggy.

I'd suggest Time of Troubles. It's got some kick ass events.

That's my guess anyway.

Just finished catching up to this AAR and I'd like to congratulate you on your excellent work so far. One thing, though, Transylvania as is in your game is pretty much following the borders of the Dacia Felix province of the Roman Empire (NORTH of the Danube - the Emperor Traian conquered it in 2 wars, 101-102 and 106 AD, remaining under Roman rule for about 150 years.), so you'll have to conquer the whole thing to reach the borders of the maximum extent of the original Roman Empire (117 AD was the time of that greatest extent). Also around that time they had everything up over the Caucasus as far as present day Cecenia (therefore even the Trabzond that you were complaining earlier that you can't find a Roman claim on)... Basically, this is what you have to strive for to restore the lost glory. Of course, adding the whole territory of Europe would be just gravy :D

We have a winner!

My guess is Toulouse for border clean up and integration to your former British territories of Transapline Gaul. Can't wait for the next State of the Empire

Savoy isn't French

So very, very close, but Sethanon was just ahead of you. Bad luck :(

Most of its provinces are in modern day France.. thats french enough for me! French/Italian then, should fit right into the NRI!

Whether they want to or not (mwa hah hah!)

Hmm, well maybe you could do both? I mean, a complete steamroll of your enemies, even if there is political intrigue, does tend to detract from the whole atmosphere of volatility and possible failure (even if, in game, failure is quite simply impossible at this point, bar not having enough infamy to conquer everything). I'd suggest that you give all your remaining major enemies, France, Spain, Austria, etc, etc, some kind of fairly large beneficial event modifier, something that gives them like -.35 war exhaustion, -.50 inflation, -20% tech costs, and +100% manpower/max regiment size. It wont make any of them real challenges, considering how you own half of Europe, but it should at least make the fights a bit more slog-like and fun to play through.

Hmm... that's an interesting idea. Let's see how it goes after 1700, but that could make the game more fun. If you'd be so kind to PM me the code for this, I'll use it if it's appropriate.

*thinks for half a second again*
Wait! Obscure...
You want a PU with someone but who?

Not a PU, although I'm not done abusing that particular game mechanic.

Oh i know, obscure...
You're attacking either : Serbia, Ragusa, Montenegro or Albania!

The winner's already above, but your consolation prize is the knowledge that all of these will be absorbed by me by game's end.

The civil war chain is a bit buggy.

I'd suggest Time of Troubles. It's got some kick ass events.

That's my guess anyway.

Time of Troubles might be fun; I'd also like to manually fire the revolution chain at some point (maybe not this AAR). Anybody have experience with that one?

Just finished catching up to this AAR and I'd like to congratulate you on your excellent work so far. One thing, though, Transylvania as is in your game is pretty much following the borders of the Dacia Felix province of the Roman Empire (NORTH of the Danube - the Emperor Traian conquered it in 2 wars, 101-102 and 106 AD, remaining under Roman rule for about 150 years.), so you'll have to conquer the whole thing to reach the borders of the maximum extent of the original Roman Empire (117 AD was the time of that greatest extent). Also around that time they had everything up over the Caucasus as far as present day Cecenia (therefore even the Trabzond that you were complaining earlier that you can't find a Roman claim on)... Basically, this is what you have to strive for to restore the lost glory. Of course, adding the whole territory of Europe would be just gravy :D

Thanks very much for the kind words! Transylvania's on the list, now :) Thanks for the map; it's both confirmation that I'm doing well thus far and a humble reminder that I've got a ways to go.

Meh, whole Europe when you can have a restored Roman Empire and colonies.

My goal, for now, is to restore the Roman Empire. Nothing further than that (and of course the colonies).

Shiny, now I'll have to come up with an interesting character though -ponders-

A fellow Firefly fan, perhaps? :D In any case, PM the details when you're ready.

Since im always huge on more Dutch presence in AARs you can guess where he/she is going to come from! Now I'll just have to figure out the details lol.

Since im always huge on more Dutch presence in AARs you can guess where he/she is going to come from! Now I'll just have to figure out the details lol.

hm.... Belgium? :p

Revolution is very buggy...and really only works best with France.