• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What extreme have we called for? My administration has never called for any federal law abolishing slavery and never will. We do not call for a massive takeover of commerce as our Democratic colleges do nor do we call for the build up of arms during peacetime.

If I am to be an extremist, then I would very much appreciate someone, anywhere, informing me what extreme I have resorted to that I might amend my course. But it seems that calls of extremist follow me throughout life having sprung up through the ether, without any source or cause being named.

Indeed, we are continually referred to as being extremist and yet everytime we ask what we are extreme for, our only answer is an unsettling silence.

I plead you, gentlemen, to quit referring to us as something we are not and you know that we are not. I plead you to stop acting as if we are the villains who will destroy this nation by jumping forward to immediate abolition, when everyone here is well aware of the fact that southerners would never stand for it.

If you speak of secession, then go my friend, but you will have destroyed this nation which my father fought so hard to achieve, The north is nothing without the south, and the south is nothing without the north, the two must join together, Britain and France have become landmarks of abolishing slavery, we are the last of the civilized nations to have not have it outlawed. Think about this, we are the country of the free, not the enslaved.

If you are not yet blind, stare at the few, brave few, the Democrats

Did you even read the platforms of the candidates? The Whigs stand for small, gradual steps to rid us of slavery. The Democrats stand for "phasing out the slavery debate."

If you stand for abolishing slavery, then why vote for the party that willl stand idle as we break apart over it?

When the bloody heavens have I ever spoken of secession? Sir, I have spoken at great length of how my home state of Maryland is a very model for what the union can accomplish and how it is my sincere desire to continue to use the same model. Accusing me of secessionist sentiments is simply without the slightest bit of basis or explanation. Are you even remotely aware of my platform?

Have you not seen the abolishment of slavery in Europe? The gradual process of taking slaves away and making them free worked perfectly, no? If you do not know anything of this issue, sir, you should not be speaking of it. You should research the possibility of America being ruled by Free Americans, not the enslaved. Am i right sir?

You mean the same gradual proccess that WE stand for? Are you even listening to what we are saying?

God save our nation if these are the people that are governing us.

Again, are you familiar with the Whig platform? You accuse us for failing to adopt ideas that are not only part of our platform, but extensively supported by existing laws that passed under Whig initiative (the freedom acts). Peaceful abolition is the issue that most unites our party.

((Also, btw, there are already two senators from new york, so you need to pick a different role for your character))

But i will admit sir, that even though i have voted for the one that i feel is the best, none of the candidates are at my very liking.

You accuse me of being slow-minded?! God help us all.

I belong to no party, i am independent, and will always be, unless I must join one for the achievement of the greatest goal in American History...

This is a Dark Age in America Gentlemen.

This will be my last statement here before I leave. Again, I ask you, have you read the candidates' platforms? The Whigs stand for gradual abolition of slavery, the thing that you say you stand for. The Democrats say they stand for phasing the slavery debate out of Congressional debate.

You sit here and lecture us about how we do not know anything about freedom, and yet you vote for the party that would rather see the nation torn apart by unrestrained abolitionist and secessionist rioters, thugs, and brigands than hear the word "slavery" uttered within the Senate or the House. If you truely stand for gradual abolition and unity, then you are voting for the wrong party.

I am not calling you a fool, I just fail to understand what your disagreement is. You say you wish for moderation, but action towards peaceful abolition of slavery. Our platform calls for moderate steps that no one has yet called objectionable, but is coupled with a proven commitment to work towards abolition. What is keeping you and I from seeing eye to eye?

But i will admit sir, that even though i have voted for the one that i feel is the best, none of the candidates are at my very liking.
You accuse me of being slow-minded?! God help us all.

I belong to no party, i am independent, and will always be, unless I must join one for the achievement of the greatest goal in American History...
This is a Dark Age in America Gentlemen.

((Interesting, sorry if im not up-to-date with things, im trying my best 'ere, i guess ill be from.. Vermont then.))

How did you feel about the SNP before its recent demise Senator? Also what are your opinions on the Davis Comromise and the Mexian War. The Southern Tribune would like to get your opinion as you have won the prestigous "Georgia's Most Popular Yankee" Award for telling off a Whig.

How did you feel about the SNP before its recent demise Senator? Also what are your opinions on the Davis Comromise and the Mexian War. The Southern Tribune would like to get your opinion as you have won the prestigous "Georgia's Most Popular Yankee" Award for telling off a Whig.

((I feel like Maryland is well on it's way towards no longer being considered part of the south about 100 years early in this timeline.))

((I feel like Maryland is well on it's way towards no longer being considered part of the south about 100 years early in this timeline.))

((It doesnt look good on a map as part of the south, the potomac and ohio rivers plus the borders of missouri, okhlahoma, and texas work great though as edges. Its a aestetic choice.....))

As for the Mexican War, it was a great American victory, Manifest Destiny was a main goal for us Vermonters, unlike most North-Eastern states, we approved of the Mexican War, it greatly improved America's industry and prowess. It showed the world how strong The United States are and always will be, let us be vigilant, and God bless all of us, Yankee or Dixie

((Sorry to nitpick, but the Mexican American war was started by President Cameron who hailed from New York (every major whig up 'till Kerr hailed from New York, oddly enough.) It's somewhat inaccurate to say that New England was mostly against the war. There was an antiwar movement, but the pro-war movement was stronger.

Also, if you are still trying to figure out how to vote in this election, let me make a shameless plug for the post I made detailing Kerr's platform in the primary: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ive-US-AAR&p=12376203&viewfull=1#post12376203))

((Does this mean i can't like things brought about by Whigs, this is heresy! I don't entirely care if he was Whig, or SNP, or Democrat, i liked goals and objectives of the war, and that is all))

((I was more getting at you saying that New England was mostly against the war. I was just trying to help you get up to speed.))

The SNP, were little more than fools at best, the men in the party were smart, powerful congressmen and senators, but their ideology was a little shaky, but gained ground for a short time, but the secession of the south as a campaign goal, made them seem as conspirators to me. But before that, the goal of increasing industry seemed profitable and would be a good achievement. As for the Mexican War, it was a great American victory, Manifest Destiny was a main goal for us Vermonters, unlike most North-Eastern states, we approved of the Mexican War, it greatly improved America's industry and prowess. It showed the world how strong The United States are and always will be, let us be vigilant, and God bless all of us, Yankee or Dixie

((Well, this is awkward, still trying my best, and i like this political debate. I need to read up some more, and i might edit some of my posts, so be watchful :D.))

((The SNP never had seccesion as a campaign goal, it was just a southern way of preserving the union))

((The SNP never actually called for secession except for that one guy who went down in flames.))

Has Senator Edmonds seen the wisdom of the Whig cause yet?

((I am quite entertained by the way we are lavishing individual attention upon Dark Jessiah in the hope of swaying his vote. It feels very appropriate for 19th century American politics.))

((When does this election end, or are we just waiting for BBB to say it does?))

On the subject of the Whigs:

Their Ideology, is great, but most of their candidates had nothing to do with that, they speak of abolishing slavery while most of their runners feel no need of abolishing it, look at John Fender, he had no idea of following the rules of the party he part of, I am sorry, but I can not join those who do not keep to their word, Good Day sir.

John Fender is voting with the democrats in this presidential election. Do you feel the need to join him?

The Democrats per say, are usually the strongest of the three parties at the moment, with their stout leadership and good popular base, i feel the need to join them at the moment, maybe in the future if i cannot persuade them to Abolish slavery as one of their campaign goals, i may have to join the Whigs, but at the moment i repeal my vote.

I need to read over a few things and should have the vote later this week

((Today or Tomorrow))

Two Parties the SNP was destroyed by a internal battle with radicals during this elections primaries and it re-merged with the democrats during the actual election