• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((you dont need to listen to whig propoganda. this is the candidate you are looking for. you can move along))

((Just make sure you don't vote for kerr, Its a Trap!))

You are correct, Mr. Kuhr. Not only do I prefer to keep my livelihood and do what I do best, which is be a soldier, but I also believe we must be strong. Though we won a great victory against the Mexicans, it was by no means a clean victory. Many good men lost their lives. I am a firm believer that strength breeds peace.

As a soldier, I do not wish to speak of politics. There is time for that when I retire. But as a soldier, I also feel I have a duty to inform and advise our lawmakers to the best of my ability about the state and future of our army. Only through this cooperation will be create a more potent, efficient fighting force. Accordingly, if it is so wished, I will periodically provide reports for our esteemed lawmakers as to my perceived strength and readiness of our forces, and in particular my beloved 14th Hoosier Infantry. ((BBB, may I periodically get a breakdown of our regiments, tech, and their cultural affiliations to fulfill this?))

In Service,
Colonel Maximillian "Max" Mandrake

You are correct, Mr. Kuhr. Not only do I prefer to keep my livelihood and do what I do best, which is be a soldier, but I also believe we must be strong. Though we won a great victory against the Mexicans, it was by no means a clean victory. Many good men lost their lives. I am a firm believer that strength breeds peace.

As a soldier, I do not wish to speak of politics. There is time for that when I retire. But as a soldier, I also feel I have a duty to inform and advise our lawmakers to the best of my ability about the state and future of our army. Only through this cooperation will be create a more potent, efficient fighting force. Accordingly, if it is so wished, I will periodically provide reports for our esteemed lawmakers as to my perceived strength and readiness of our forces, and in particular my beloved 14th Hoosier Infantry. ((BBB, may I periodically get a breakdown of our regiments, tech, and their cultural affiliations to fulfill this?))

In Service,
Colonel Maximillian "Max" Mandrake

I believe we still have a 1-1 yankee/dixie ratio as is required by the Davis compromise in the army. I would like your opinion as a soldier if you think that ratio should be abolished.

I believe we still have a 1-1 yankee/dixie ratio as is required by the Davis compromise in the army. I would like your opinion as a soldier if you think that ratio should be abolished.

((Thats a cheap shot :D))

I would like to remind the Colonel that it was another Colonel, myself, who actually wrote the compromise and insisted on the Ratio. Also my young counterpart should know that the quota only appliees in peacetime

((But I think we qualify as the most succesful third Party in US history))
((Indeed, the SNP has been an extremely influential party - although for some of its time it has been operating as the main opposition party rather than just a third party. Every major piece of legislation, save for a few passed at peaks of Cameron's power, has had the fingerprints of the SNP on it somewhere. The SNP's sudden formation and separation from the Democratic party plunged the supposed second major party into a third wheel between the movements of the Whig and SNP parties (a malaise which they appear to be recovering from quite decently). The uneasy times around its formation brought about the Union Party, solidifying the hold of moderates like Cameron and Gallatin among the Whigs. It made the Democrats liberal and the Whigs moderate - even downright conservative at times. In the military, the ratio and a very good showing of excellent generals like Khur kept the SNP relevant, although the star power didn't seem to help win elections. Politicians could support the programs the SNP proposed (although they were without a doubt controversial), and the general populace could support the people... but neither one seemed ready to accept the party as a whole, at least outside of the region which gave the party its name. In history books, the SNP will definitely be given their section as the texts talk about the political climate before the Civil War.))

((Indeed, the SNP has been an extremely influential party - although for some of its time it has been operating as the main opposition party rather than just a third party. Every major piece of legislation, save for a few passed at peaks of Cameron's power, has had the fingerprints of the SNP on it somewhere. The SNP's sudden formation and separation from the Democratic party plunged the supposed second major party into a third wheel between the movements of the Whig and SNP parties (a malaise which they appear to be recovering from quite decently). The uneasy times around its formation brought about the Union Party, solidifying the hold of moderates like Cameron and Gallatin among the Whigs. It made the Democrats liberal and the Whigs moderate - even downright conservative at times. In the military, the ratio and a very good showing of excellent generals like Khur kept the SNP relevant, although the star power didn't seem to help win elections. Politicians could support the programs the SNP proposed (although they were without a doubt controversial), and the general populace could support the people... but neither one seemed ready to accept the party as a whole, at least outside of the region which gave the party its name. In history books, the SNP will definitely be given their section as the texts talk about the political climate before the Civil War.))

((i do believe that is the nicest thing a whig has said of the SNP so far :D))

((Thank you, I think this might just be the best obituary for a Party I've ever seen. I think when this AAR is complete BBB should compile a history textbook of this Alternate AAR Reality))

((Thats a cheap shot :D))

I would like to remind the Colonel that it was another Colonel, myself, who actually wrote the compromise and insisted on the Ratio. Also my young counterpart should know that the quota only appliees in peacetime

As always, I have nothing but respect for my fellow soldiers and the duly elected representatives of our illustrious nation. I commend your efforts at making a more balanced military. That being said, discipline, duty, and loyalty are the foundation that every modern army is built upon. It is my fear that if the political climate between North and South becomes more volatile, the compromise as it stands might result in an army of factions and of questionable loyalties. Chains of command may break down and competition or outright hostility between regiments may arise. If these issues do manifest themselves, it could spark mutinies or paralyze us in a war. As long as we utilize ratios and keep soldiers separated into units by region or state, at least in the current political atmosphere, the potential for these problems remain.

I leave it to our esteemed lawmakers to think on these issues and to prepare as they see fit.

In service,
Colonel Max Mandrake

As always, I have nothing but respect for my fellow soldiers and the duly elected representatives of our illustrious nation. I commend your efforts at making a more balanced military. That being said, discipline, duty, and loyalty are the foundation that every modern army is built upon. It is my fear that if the political climate between North and South becomes more volatile, the compromise as it stands might result in an army of factions and of questionable loyalties. Chains of command may break down and competition or outright hostility between regiments may arise. If these issues do manifest themselves, it could spark mutinies or paralyze us in a war. As long as we utilize ratios and keep soldiers separated into units by region or state, at least in the current political atmosphere, the potential for these problems remain.

I leave it to our esteemed lawmakers to think on these issues and to prepare as they see fit.

In service,
Colonel Max Mandrake

Thank you for you opinion colonel. It is my view that the divide between north in south is doing nought but deepening and that Factionalization and radicalism is, to a extent, inevitable. The Ratio is designed to make sure in the case of factionalization niether side will act due to a lack of superiority over the other.

Is it Canadian Liberal? Or American?

Because your Liberals are our Conservatives you know.
And I think your Conservatives are the Canadian Wrestling Party

But I'm gonna make another character after the War, so it might take a while before I come back from the dea- I mean move politics along.

I may be liberal sir, but i am not blind.

I vote for what is best for my country, and not for what my colleagues want.
I swear upon my honor and ideology, that i vote for the better of the extremes.
I live my life as a liberal, but politically, i am not a fool, as you may think.

Good day sir,
Senator Joel Edmonds

I thouroghly approve of this liberal

I may be liberal sir, but i am not blind.

I vote for what is best for my country, and not for what my colleagues want.
I swear upon my honor and ideology, that i vote for the better of the extremes.
I live my life as a liberal, but politically, i am not a fool, as you may think.

Good day sir,
Senator Joel Edmonds

You say you are not a fool, and yet you vote for those that would break this country apart by ignoring things such as John Brown's Raid ((I'm still not entirely sure if that's happened in this timeline or not)) and Bleeding Texas. Pretending these things don't happen won't bring unity to this nation; it will only continue to divide it and feed the fires of unrestrained abolitionism and secessionism as the government stands idle as people continue to murder eachother over the matter.

What extreme have we called for? My administration has never called for any federal law abolishing slavery and never will. We do not call for a massive takeover of commerce as our Democratic colleges do nor do we call for the build up of arms during peacetime.

If I am to be an extremist, then I would very much appreciate someone, anywhere, informing me what extreme I have resorted to that I might amend my course. But it seems that calls of extremist follow me throughout life having sprung up through the ether, without any source or cause being named.