• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Richmond, Virginia

Men and women of the South, and of the United States, with the re-election of President Cameron there is no doubt that our institution we hold so dear to our hearts is coming under severe fire from this administration. I will send out a warning to the President and his administration right now, if these calls for abolition, be it instant or gradual are kept up, I can assure you there will be bloodshed. Now, I, just as much as any man enjoy the protection and ability to live and work in the United States of America. But, with the re-election of his government, my faith in the ability of Slavery to continue in a limitless amount of time. I should further warn, that I, among many of the other men of the south do not tolerate the will of another mentality forced upon us.

There will be no Union if the North's will is forced upon the South through coercion.

Although the Union is something that I will work my hardest to see preserved upon the face of this Earth, if the Union decides to raise active hostilities against citizens and soldiers of the South, I shall stop at nothing to defend the homeland to which I come from, I can assure the President and the rest of party that the rest of the South would agree with me. So thus, I conclude my final warning to this administration to stop the North's constant meddling in the South's affairs. The South functions like the South. The North functions like the North.

John Hensdale,
Senator from Virginia (SNP)

One would advise Senator Hensdale to be very careful with his threats.

Congratulations Mr. President, here's for four more years of achievements! I place myself at your disposal, for any assignment you may see fit

Richmond, Virginia

Men and women of the South, and of the United States, with the re-election of President Cameron there is no doubt that our institution we hold so dear to our hearts is coming under severe fire from this administration. I will send out a warning to the President and his administration right now, if these calls for abolition, be it instant or gradual are kept up, I can assure you there will be bloodshed. Now, I, just as much as any man enjoy the protection and ability to live and work in the United States of America. But, with the re-election of his government, my faith in the ability of Slavery to continue in a limitless amount of time. I should further warn, that I, among many of the other men of the south do not tolerate the will of another mentality forced upon us.

There will be no Union if the North's will is forced upon the South through coercion.

Although the Union is something that I will work my hardest to see preserved upon the face of this Earth, if the Union decides to raise active hostilities against citizens and soldiers of the South, I shall stop at nothing to defend the homeland to which I come from, I can assure the President and the rest of party that the rest of the South would agree with me. So thus, I conclude my final warning to this administration to stop the North's constant meddling in the South's affairs. The South functions like the South. The North functions like the North.

John Hensdale,
Senator from Virginia (SNP)

I would inquire to the other members of the small SNP about their views on slavery. General Khur has made in abundantly clear that he wishes to slowly abolish slavery.

I think the senator Frymonmon is slightly pre-emptive with his assertion. Perhaps the senator would like to retract the ultimatum and re-present it to us at such a time when the South has already seceded (the senator from New York is quite omniscient). (Here is an idea, BBB either when he manually fires the secession event, or encounters it in game, pm's a member of the SNP so they can start being rowdy ;-), it would make it really quite interesting in a role-playing way).

((The type of speech I made was quite common during this era, especially in South Carolina, which was known for it's hotbed of Fire-eaters. The first convention of fire-eaters who met at a convention were in 1850, there should be no reason why speeches and ideas are starting to appear in the public eye.))

Last edited:
((The type of speech I made was quite common during this era, especially in South Carolina, which was known for it's hotbed of Fire-eaters. The first convention of fire-eaters who met at a convention were in 1950, there should be no reason why speeches and ideas are starting to appear in the public eye.))

((1950s?))

((1950s?))
((man, we all keep making that mistake))

Columbus, Ohio

In response to the ultimatum penned by Senator Hensdale, I will say this-

In the South right is right and wrong is wrong, just as in the North, the West, and all other lands. We did not hold that some truths are self evident only in New England's soil, or only in Virginia's. The South is not a land morally exempt from the judgement of Providence and from the rights and laws established by and for the people.

Furthermore, the South is not meddled with, nor do we expect it to conform to the standard of us Northerners (for I am a Northerner - I do not wish to say that the government is simply Northerners, for it represents all the people of the United States, and there are Southerners and Northerners amongst it) and Westerners. Otherwise, slaves would already be free, and we would all wear the same clothing and speak in the same accents.

The South is simply aided, as is the purpose of the Union. We can provide funds and support and ideas from the North and the West (and even from the South, for hardly are the regions homogenous among themselves) which can form a more Perfect South, and a more Perfect Union. It is aided to advance and make its own future with industry and development, which the Cameron Administration has lead to prosper. It is aided to release itself from the ills of slavery - not in a way which destroys it, as jerking out an arrow, but in a careful and supportive way in which it will be provided for and will sustain itself.

There will be a less perfect Union if the South or the North or any other region falls in its attempts to form a more perfect region. If we fail in supporting the great ideals of this nation, then this nation itself will be sorely tested. The Union will not hold with half still slaves to slavery. We have seen what has happened when the removal of this illness is rashly thrown upon a region, yes. We will not have another Bleeding Texas. However, we have also seen what happens if nothing is done at all. It is neither good to pull out a wounding arrow rashly, nor to leave it to fester there forever.

As for myself, I do not come from a homeland of some region bordered by rivers and mountains and the occasional geographic line. I come from a homeland of ideals - it is what makes us American, founded on sound and truthful principles. If the South or any other region takes its arms against its country and its God, then I will stop at nothing to defend this homeland.

Vice President
Daniel Gallatin

I would inquire to the other members of the small SNP about their views on slavery. General Khur has made in abundantly clear that he wishes to slowly abolish slavery.

My Views are Limitations sof Barbarism as technological advances allow for the abolition of slavery without hurting the Southern Economy

((Also the SNP is Bigger than the democrats in this election, and the whigs are (hopefully) only doing so well because of the fact that you dont want tochange horses midstream. I also think that VisitAARS to this thread are more enticed to join the whigs because they are more Morally correct than the other parties))

No additional Slave States!

I think I speak for many Americans when I say that any territory annexed from Mexico must be free from slavery. The time when we allowed that institution to expand must be over. We can have no more Texas disasters!

No additional Slave States!

I think I speak for many Americans when I say that any territory annexed from Mexico must be free from slavery. The time when we allowed that institution to expand must be over. We can have no more Texas disasters!

That is not for us to decide. Under the Davis Compromise, any new states will become slave or free by a majority vote in the new territories.

((I also think that VisitAARS to this thread are more enticed to join the whigs because they are more Morally correct than the other parties))

((The democrats are pushing as just a strong anti-slavery agenda near as I can see. It was a pretty close call for me between whigs and democrats. I went with whigs because the Senators from Maryland in this period were all whigs so I thought I'd go with historical authenticity. Might pull a party switch later like several Maryland whigs of the upcoming period did.))

((The democrats are pushing as just a strong anti-slavery agenda near as I can see. It was a pretty close call for me between whigs and democrats. I went with whigs because the Senators from Maryland in this period were all whigs so I thought I'd go with historical authenticity. Might pull a party switch later like several Maryland whigs of the upcoming period did.))

((that might not be right to do in this AAR. we have senators from the south who support abolition and yet somehow got elected into that position. strange aint it :eek:))

In response to the Vice-President,

While you may say, Mr. Vice-President, that the South should be aided by ideas from the North and West, do you not think that this is the root of the problem? The South just wants to be let alone, yet your administration, your party, and your people feel some "greater crusade" against the South and our practices, how long as slavery been in existence? Longer than both me, you, this country, and even this continent.

Even in your message you say the right is right and wrong is wrong in both the North and the South. I may ask good sir, where do you get your definitions of these terms? What is right is for the Federal government to keep its business out of the state's affairs. This nation was founded a more perfect Union of states who believed the Federal Government of Great Britain was too involved in affairs of the colonies, it seems that this is a similar situation here. Great Britain believed that they were right and the colonies could be pushed around and bent to do the will of the mother country. The Federal Government and your party believes you are right on the issue of slavery and abolition, and you are determined to push the South around to do your bidding.

Good sir, I conclude once again by warning that there will be blood if you continue this path to abolition. You seem to be doing nothing but goading this path on and encouraging it. I am a man of the South, and I know my people. I am working AGAINST this union falling apart. I want to work together with the North and West to make this country the best that has ever graced the face of this planet. But when your party talks about such divisive issues, you do nothing but expedite the crises.

Respectfully,
Senator John Hensdale (SNP-VA)

((that might not be right to do in this AAR. we have senators from the south who support abolition and yet somehow got elected into that position. strange aint it :eek:))

((Not entirely. There were blurred lines over this issue in the 30's and 40's. It was in the 50's that the battlelines were really drawn.))

((that might not be right to do in this AAR. we have senators from the south who support abolition and yet somehow got elected into that position. strange aint it ))
((and we have Northerners who are vehemently for slavery, and all sorts of really intriguing characters :wacko: Who knows in such a condition how and when things will split? Maybe it will splinter off of the festering questions of slavery in the West, or maybe off of the collapse of the Democrats into the Free Soil or Republican Parties :p [it's not that unlikely at the moment given party positions and power], or maybe off a certain exchange between a pro slavery Senator and a Whig Vice President))

In response to the Southern Senator,

No region is alone in this world. What is done in the South or the West, or even off in Europe affects us all. Should we not try then to aid our brothers to do right? Shall we see our brother wounded and not give him care? Should we see a burning house and not give aid?

You say that slavery has been existent for a long time, yet so was tyranny. So was murder. Old or new, South or North, an ill is still an ill.

This nation was founded by Americans who believed that a wrong, no matter how old and how convenient to another region of what was then their nation, could be overcome. From that belief they could do great things, and from a nation of ideals - a Union not simply of ethnic or geographic lines, but of thoughts and spirits - they established themselves a more perfect Union. In that they formed a government and a law in order to provide for the general welfare, provide justice and protect the rights of man, and to continue the Union of regions to aid themselves in being more perfect States and a more perfect Union.

Should in this case the North have said "though the South is afflicted by this same tyranny as are we, and though we can both together overcome it, it is better still that they are unsupported in this struggle - left alone that they might not even suggest the freeing of themselves due to the weight of the presense of this ill upon them"? Should the South have said "though the North may fall to dissolution, still it is better for us to arrange for a Constitution simply for ourselves, and not to together promote a more perfect governance over us all"? By no means.

Furthermore, there is nothing divisive about the policy of this administration and the issue of slavery. There is nothing divisive in a man going free, unless freedom in itself is what antagonizes people, as it did Britain in our founding revolution. There is nothing divisive in men of the South eating bread and earning wages and further prosperity for themselves. There is nothing divisive with men of the South generously releasing slaves, or men of the North aiding these Southerners so that in these actions they will not economically stumble. There is nothing divisive in the South prospering, and the North prospering, and the South doing right, and the North doing right.

There is nothing divisive but those people who are antagonized by the further prosperity and morality of their region as well as others.

Vice President,
Daniel Gallatin

((Early version of Lincoln-Douglas debates much? I'd respond with another speech, but Back to the Future just came on so I'm going to respond at a later time.))