• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let me clarify a couple of things:
First, I never said that I didn't knew what I was talking about. I merely did an exercise of intellectual honesty. I said that we were discussing about possible contingencies, events that at the moment we don't know if they'll happen or how severe they will be, so the discussion lacked solid ground. When we have solid numbers and we know how many people will be affected; well, that's another thing.
Second, I too belive that this will be the great task after the war with Mexico is done. The new borders with Mexico will affect where the line may or may not go through.
Third, the west weapon is the one that's never fired. We should negotiate with the Indians about this matter and I salute the Secretary's idea.
Fourth, in another exercise of intellectual honesty, I know that my proposal may be improved. So I welcome any suggestion and doubt as long as it is with honest intentions

Gentlemen, with my presidential campaign prevented from ever even beginning, I've redirected my energies elsewhere.

1. I fully intend to, should the Whig party gain a majority in Congress, run with the party caucus for the Speakership of the House - and even if we do not win a majority to run for Minority Speaker.

2. I fully intend, once the new congress takes place, to officially establish the George Washington Caucus (and with the help of my friends, hopefully a similar senate grouping) to embody our nation's founding principles of a strong central government, congressional supremacy, judicial review, a professional standing army (as opposed to a conscript army), federal supervision and regulation of the state and regional militias as per the requirements of the Constitution, and America's freedom from entangling foreign alliances.

3. With the money I would have spent campaigning for president, I have been travelling across this great country of ours and sponsoring the formation of George Washington societies, sharing these principles, among the citizenry.

I hope you will join me on this crusade.

Isn't the regulation of the state militias already garenteed by the Militia Bill?

Gentlemen! Why are we discussing how a potential railroad are gonna affect the redskins? They aren't even human beings. They are savages, and should be treated like that. So what if we take some of their land? It could only help them to civilize, if there are a lot of more people coming out west, and helping them to see how good lives we're living. All parts of the Americas belong to the whiteman! Not some savages!

If you do, as you say, have no concrete idea where the railroad will be built, then maybe you should have waited a little longer to propose the bill?

I'd keep any bills on railroads to the sidelines, as the next update requires me to talk about the economy under Cameron, and it makes the bill actually rather unnecessary. Remember, there was already more track being laid down in America in 1840 than there was in Europe (see the update on King's term).

Polls close today at 7PM GMT.

PS. Sorry I didn't say this earlier.

Okay-dokey, if you're a democrat, remember to vote in the next hour and a half. If you're not, remember not to vote.

You did, and it was counted. Not that it'll matter either way. The Whigs have got a permanent deadlock on this country until the psuedo-Whigs in the SNP are forced back into the fold.

While I am thrilled for President Cameron's victory, I must say that we need to consider the consequences of what shall occur from the annexation of the Mexican lands. This election has assured that the question of slavery will resurface, and we must be prepared to ensure this country's unity.

While I am thrilled for President Cameron's victory, I must say that we need to consider the consequences of what shall occur from the annexation of the Mexican lands. This election has assured that the question of slavery will resurface, and we must be prepared to ensure this country's unity.

Indeed, The Union will be Preserved. The SNP as always is here to make sure a just and equal solution is reached in any national matter and that solutions niether persecute nor empiril either the Southern or the Yankee Nations.

My fellow Americans, we tread a difficult and perilous path in the next few years and decades, and only through skilled and intelligent leadership alongside the patriotism of the American peoples can we see through them our union intact, strong and prestigious in the eyes of the world. Our politics and society is evolving; the role of the state in the average man’s life is growing, not in an oppressive manor but in a way to enhance the lives of everyone and bring freedom to all. That is why we defend the rights of man in the Rio Grande and I offer citizenship to all in annexed territories, that is why I am sponsoring and overseeing the procurement of a basic public health service free at the point of use for all citizens, that is why I shall seek the expansion of rights to women, that is why my government shall encourage and develop the railroad bill so it may be a fine and historic item of legislation fit for this great country, then implement it effectively, that is why I am opposed to slavery.

However as I said previously the path ahead shall not be without obstacles the most immediate chief among them being defeating the tyrant Santa Anna and his dictatorship. We as politicians must also tread carefully on the great debate of slavery; its gradual abolition is the only way forward but must be done so to as not destroy the economy of the South; my administration has therefore pursued the industrialisation of the south, bringing the region to an advanced world standard, in order that one day this horror must end and all shall be prosperous. We must also begin to confront the world, as our borders and standing grow we cannot be isolated; not as a nation nor a continent. Skilled diplomacy will allow us to bring peace and justice to other areas of the world, that is our manifest destiny and our ultimate victory.

Here’s to a glorious four years.

- John F. Cameron
- President of the United States of America