+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 517 FirstFirst ... 11 36 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 86 111 136 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 10329

Thread: The Presidents: 1836-1936 - An Interactive US AAR

Let me clarify a couple of things:
    First, I never said that I didn't knew what I was talking about. I merely did an exercise of intellectual honesty. I said that we were discussing about possible contingencies, events that at the moment we don't know if they'll happen or how severe they will be, so the discussion lacked solid ground. When we have solid numbers and we know how many people will be affected; well, that's another thing.
    Second, I too belive that this will be the great task after the war with Mexico is done. The new borders with Mexico will affect where the line may or may not go through.
    Third, the west weapon is the one that's never fired. We should negotiate with the Indians about this matter and I salute the Secretary's idea.
    Fourth, in another exercise of intellectual honesty, I know that my proposal may be improved. So I welcome any suggestion and doubt as long as it is with honest intentions
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Rogov View Post
    Gentlemen, with my presidential campaign prevented from ever even beginning, I've redirected my energies elsewhere.

1. I fully intend to, should the Whig party gain a majority in Congress, run with the party caucus for the Speakership of the House - and even if we do not win a majority to run for Minority Speaker.

2. I fully intend, once the new congress takes place, to officially establish the George Washington Caucus (and with the help of my friends, hopefully a similar senate grouping) to embody our nation's founding principles of a strong central government, congressional supremacy, judicial review, a professional standing army (as opposed to a conscript army), federal supervision and regulation of the state and regional militias as per the requirements of the Constitution, and America's freedom from entangling foreign alliances.

3. With the money I would have spent campaigning for president, I have been travelling across this great country of ours and sponsoring the formation of George Washington societies, sharing these principles, among the citizenry.

I hope you will join me on this crusade.

Isn't the regulation of the state militias already garenteed by the Militia Bill?

Gentlemen! Why are we discussing how a potential railroad are gonna affect the redskins? They aren't even human beings. They are savages, and should be treated like that. So what if we take some of their land? It could only help them to civilize, if there are a lot of more people coming out west, and helping them to see how good lives we're living. All parts of the Americas belong to the whiteman! Not some savages!
    God GM in A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...f-Ice-and-Fire.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

If you do, as you say, have no concrete idea where the railroad will be built, then maybe you should have waited a little longer to propose the bill?
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I'd keep any bills on railroads to the sidelines, as the next update requires me to talk about the economy under Cameron, and it makes the bill actually rather unnecessary. Remember, there was already more track being laid down in America in 1840 than there was in Europe (see the update on King's term).

Polls close today at 7PM GMT.

PS. Sorry I didn't say this earlier.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Okay-dokey, if you're a democrat, remember to vote in the next hour and a half. If you're not, remember not to vote.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    I'd keep any bills on railroads to the sidelines, .
    *Baddumtish
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

Just incase my vote wasn't counted I vote Cameron/? I'll find the guys name.
    [INSERT]

You did, and it was counted. Not that it'll matter either way. The Whigs have got a permanent deadlock on this country until the psuedo-Whigs in the SNP are forced back into the fold.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    You did, and it was counted. Not that it'll matter either way.
    hey!
    [INSERT]

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack263 View Post
    hey!
    Ready my edited post.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    You did, and it was counted. Not that it'll matter either way. The Whigs have got a permanent deadlock on this country until the psuedo-Whigs in the SNP are forced back into the fold.
    I dont think there are any Whigs in the SNP

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Polls closed.

John F. Cameron will continue in his duties as President of the Republic.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Congratulations on your re-election Mr. President. I hope I still have your confidence to lead our troops to victory in the Rio Grande.

Am I wrong when I say that Cameron got a huge land slide victory?
    God GM in A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...f-Ice-and-Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by hygge0302 View Post
    Am I wrong when I say that Cameron got a huge land slide victory?
    Not at all, but its clear that the victory was to keep from switching presidents in the middle of the war, which is very understandable.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

congratulations Mr Cameron.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

While I am thrilled for President Cameron's victory, I must say that we need to consider the consequences of what shall occur from the annexation of the Mexican lands. This election has assured that the question of slavery will resurface, and we must be prepared to ensure this country's unity.
    Daniel (Danny) Dagher, Mayor of New York City
    in BBB's American AAR

Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

In Ahawk's Federation of Equals Interactive AAR.

Pedro de Cordova.

In ThunderHawks Interactive V2 AAR

General in Chief of the CSA Projekt 919's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by zagoroth View Post
    While I am thrilled for President Cameron's victory, I must say that we need to consider the consequences of what shall occur from the annexation of the Mexican lands. This election has assured that the question of slavery will resurface, and we must be prepared to ensure this country's unity.
    Indeed, The Union will be Preserved. The SNP as always is here to make sure a just and equal solution is reached in any national matter and that solutions niether persecute nor empiril either the Southern or the Yankee Nations.
    1st Knight and Grandmaster of the Order of Southern Paradoxians
    Unreconstructed and Nationalist Southern Intellectual
    Descendant of James Clarke Taylor, Who's 34th Georgia Regiment was sacrificed in vain by General Pemberton in an attempt to slow the Northern Armies
    A believer in that faint glimmer of hope that we Southerners will not fall into the dustbin of history and may one day have our own Country Again
    Avid reader and student of Faulkner
    Expert on North Korea and lover of History in General
    Permenant Fan (And within Paradox Games, Player) of Lost Causes
    Student of International Affairs
    Confederate Ronin of Clan Taylor, second to Tufto-san, the Daimyo of Groan
    (Join the Order of Southern Paradoxians at: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hp?groupid=531 and I will send you your Number by PM)

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

My fellow Americans, we tread a difficult and perilous path in the next few years and decades, and only through skilled and intelligent leadership alongside the patriotism of the American peoples can we see through them our union intact, strong and prestigious in the eyes of the world. Our politics and society is evolving; the role of the state in the average man’s life is growing, not in an oppressive manor but in a way to enhance the lives of everyone and bring freedom to all. That is why we defend the rights of man in the Rio Grande and I offer citizenship to all in annexed territories, that is why I am sponsoring and overseeing the procurement of a basic public health service free at the point of use for all citizens, that is why I shall seek the expansion of rights to women, that is why my government shall encourage and develop the railroad bill so it may be a fine and historic item of legislation fit for this great country, then implement it effectively, that is why I am opposed to slavery.

However as I said previously the path ahead shall not be without obstacles the most immediate chief among them being defeating the tyrant Santa Anna and his dictatorship. We as politicians must also tread carefully on the great debate of slavery; its gradual abolition is the only way forward but must be done so to as not destroy the economy of the South; my administration has therefore pursued the industrialisation of the south, bringing the region to an advanced world standard, in order that one day this horror must end and all shall be prosperous. We must also begin to confront the world, as our borders and standing grow we cannot be isolated; not as a nation nor a continent. Skilled diplomacy will allow us to bring peace and justice to other areas of the world, that is our manifest destiny and our ultimate victory.

Here’s to a glorious four years.

- John F. Cameron
    - President of the United States of America
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 517 FirstFirst ... 11 36 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 86 111 136 161 ... LastLast