• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I assume that I am allowed to vote, even though I just joined))

With respect to President Jarvis, I believe a stronger stance must be established against the Red Menace of Communism. As such I hereby vote as the following:

Daniel Dagger - Liberal

~ Governor Sammy Todaro of Nevada

Jarvis

~ Samuel Éscosais

"hpmh, uppity Copperhead"

Samuel paced back and forth in the coffeeshop he has resided in since being stonewalled by Byrd.

"I should send a message"

He sits down and writes a note to President Jarvis

Jarvis,

Question legality of no state funding to integrated schools? Charge school officials of non-intergrated schools?

Need your word to go,

É

We as a party of liberals, those who dedicate themselves to the great principles of liberty and equality, that can trace our heritage from now through Terrance, Hayden and Cameron, who believe that we may fix the wrongs of this country and the wider world, may not simply withdraw from the issue of segregation. It is our solemn duty, just as it is to fight communism, to fight against the unjust oppression of blacks in this country. They fought in the world wars just as whites have, and they all deserve every privilege, free and comprehensive education, proper healthcare, employment and protection from poverty, that we award everyone else of this great country. I therefore urge the party to end its silence and correct this great wrong in our society.

I vote Liberal

Amanda Shaw died peacefully in her sleep the following night.

It appears that the Liberal candidate has shown little willingness to either revise his economic platform or make known his stance on desegregation. I have no choice, then, other to endorse President Jarvis, though his policy of making friends with the Soviet Union still troubles me.

I must proceed voting to Mr.Dagger as his policies as more appropiate to the present time.
- Dr. Robert Horshington

Last edited:
Dagger

What is wrong with President Jarvis?

Some say we are "weak" on a vague communist specter they believe is around the world. Don't get me wrong - there are states which pursue dangerous and violent agendas, which seek to expand the power of a few at the cost of freedom and peace for many. Yet we have faced this threat. Not with saber rattling and unthinkable war, but with peace and firmness. We have secured Greece and we stand firm with the people of Korea and China in their attempts to reach peace and liberty in their respective nations. People in Greece, in Germany, in China - people around the world can sleep safer in their beds, knowing they are both their lives and their liberties are secure. What more should we do? Issue useless proclamations to provocate the Soviets and hope that acting like them will show how different we are?

We are not like them, and we should not act like them. We believe and act for peace, for liberty, and for prosperity. Our commitment to a free and cooperative people, diplomatic process, and free development have lead to peace through many rough times in our history. Those principles have taken us through war from within and without against imperialists and fascists - even the terrifying world wars - and they will continue to take us through the struggles of today. Unless shot at first, a Jarvis administration will not try to "kill" the Soviet Union - their path is not stronger or better than ours, that we need to resort to such risky tactics - but we will outlast them. We will bury them.

Some fear that loosening the regulations and subsidies built up during the world wars will ruin the economy. But why should be prop up large corporations which no longer need the propping, regulate the wartime factory system that no longer has - thankfully - its war, and tax the American people for projects no longer relevant to them? Unnecessary regulations and subsidies are at best inefficient and unwanted - except, of course, to the rich companies who benefit, and to all those who benefit along with them - and at worst they are more harmful to the economy than what our opponents fear.

Vote for another four years of peace and prosperity - vote for another four years of Jarvis. ((I've forgotten whether Vice-President candidates vote or not. Aside from special cases like a couple elections ago.))

I throw my support behind Jarvis.

William M. Wallace
Admiral in the United States Navy

Last edited:
Jarvis.

My vote goes to Mr. Dagger, and the Liberal Party.

The events going on in Virginia are completely repulsing and I stand for an integrated school system.

~ Christina J. Blancharde-Fredrick, Congresswoman

Last edited:
My vote goes to Mr. Dagger, and the Liberal Party.

The events going on in Virginia are completely repulsing and I stand for an integrated school system.

~Christina J. Blancharde-Fredrick, Congresswoman

You're opposed to Governor Byrd, yet you're voting for the candidate that has not once talked about segregation?

You're opposed to Governor Byrd, yet you're voting for the candidate that has not once talked about segregation?

My fear is that your economic policies will once again bring this nation to a great economic depression and I am utterly against your foreign policy in reference to your policy towards the Soviet Union. We must maintain peace, although we cannot allow Communism to spread further.

My fear is that your economic policies will once again bring this nation to a great economic depression and I am utterly against your foreign policy in reference to your policy towards the Soviet Union. We must maintain peace, although we cannot allow Communism to spread further.

You are allowing your belief on an economic system dictate whether or not young black children in American can have quality education?

First and foremost, so long as the Liberals maintain a hold in Congress, my economic policy (which is quite moderate) won't get put in place; though why we need to have Depression-era regulations during a time of prosperity makes no sense to me. Secondly, I have forty years of military experience, have worked to prevent the expansion of communism, and have cooperated with the Soviets to keep some semblance of peace. Lastly, Dagger proposes confrontationalism, not peace.

What does race have to do with economics?

Mrs. Blancharde-Fredrick is letting her fear of Communism, an economic system, dictate her motives. Therefore she is voting to defend her fear of Communism over the desegregation and integration of Southern schools in America.

Mrs. Blancharde-Fredrick is letting her fear of Communism, an economic system, dictate her motives. Therefore she is voting to defend her fear of Communism over the desegregation and integration of Southern schools in America.

Dagger has said nothing in favour of segregation, so isn't it a little presumptive to put words in his mouth? His social policy is one of innovation, so I daresay segregation shall not have long left in these United States.

[...] though why we need to have Depression-era regulations during a time of prosperity makes no sense to me. [...]

Because otherwise we would be back in a depression and wouldn't have the prosperity!