• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will wait till ryan accepts, also before william died he changed his vote from milton to ryan and robert also, if you accept.

Lieutenant, what is Mr. Milton-Spencer's platform but Communism with an emphasis in the military?

The Fascist Party aims to dictate what each citizen must do in their life. What they will produce, and how much of it. How is that not Communism? They wish to implement a single-party state. How is that not the exact same ideology you fought in Germany hiding its red under a coat of black?

((P.S. You really don't want to see what a Milton-Spencer victory might mean for this AAR)).

((In the event that it does fail, would you be willing to share what it might have meant?))

Mr. Vice President,

You make some fair points. I do not mind disclosing a certain... distaste in having to make this choice. But I simply cannot distinguish between two seemingly identical platforms, neither of whom promise to back the Conservative tradition my father supported.

Fascism is against the Constitution of America, how could Americans betray their own nation by voting for this party. These fascists are brain-washing Americans, just so that they don't vote for the usual parties'. But these "usual parties" are for America and change, under the Republicans we are for change, and so are the Progressives, but the United Fascists are for backwardness, they are against freedom, peace and liberty. America was built on peace, freedom and liberty! I am disappointed in certain people for thinking otherwise but its not late to change your mind!

Vote for the Republicans: fighting fascists and anti-Americans for America!

Fascism is against the Constitution of America, how could Americans betray their own nation by voting for this party. These fascists are brain-washing Americans, just so that they don't vote for the usual parties'. But these "usual parties" are for America and change, under the Republicans we are for change, and so are the Progressives, but the United Fascists are for backwardness, they are against freedom, peace and liberty. America was built on peace, freedom and liberty! I am disappointed in certain people for thinking otherwise but its not late to change your mind!

Vote for the Republicans: fighting fascists and anti-Americans for America!

Brainwashing? Brainwashing? You're one to talk! Ain't it you and the other nutjobs in the Republican Party that scream "COMMUNIST!" every time anyone disagrees with you? I'm sorry, sir, but the only one here who's doing the brainwashing is you. You're the one who consistently tells the people they're better off letting people like Rockefeller and Mellon hoard 85% of the country's wealth, you're the one who consistently tells people they're better off selling their labor to the robber barons and getting their hard work back in the form of an overpriced piece o' junk that ain't worth anything, you're the one who consistently tells the homeless and the impoverished to go out and work and eat, when there ain't no jobs and there ain't no food!

People of America, Milton-Spencer will take action where the cowardly Progressives and greedy Republicans won't. He'll give a direction to our economy, and he'll stand up to the big corporations that are hoarding most of this country's wealth. If you vote in either the Progressives or the Republicans, I can assure you you'll get more of the tired same policies that got our country into this mess in the first place! Milton-Spencer will remove party lines, he'll kick the leeches to the curb and we will have real, fair capitalism!

What you see here is as predictable as it is humiliating for our nation. The two parties, whom originally were so intent on attacking each other, with no authenticity, now that their privileges and easy sources of government money are threatened team up, hold hands even, in their relentless attacks against fascism. They do this because they are scared. They are scared of the people's will! They are scared that they shall be flushed out of government by a popular movement. Fascism has been brewing in this country ever since the Great War, exacerbated by the depression, all the men and women of America needed was a leader to vote for and an organisation to unite under. Fellow fascists and would-be fascists I am that leader! The United Fascist Party is that organisation! And like a mighty storm we shall sweep the political establishment away and bring forth America's glory!

Fascism is the future!

((P.S. You really don't want to see what a Milton-Spencer victory might mean for this AAR)).

((I think it would be interesting, could spark a second civil war which I'd prefer over a railroaded equivalent of OTL))

Fair capitalism? I am sorry, but the last time I checked Fascist capitalism, was owned by the state. It is controlled and doesn't let people have the freedom in economy and capitalism like they deserve. It gives the government the monopoly, and not people... So what's the difference? So if the state controls the economy, its fair to people who want to create a business, or gain lots of money opening a innovative business, but the government has to run it and have a monopoly.

Also, I did call you, Mr. Longstrum a communist, because of your ideological beliefs'... State Capitalism and all... I don't go thrown it around lie its nobody's business. Mr. Longstum we are working at creating food banks, and finding work, we are helping the less fortunate as I described in my social policies'. We are working with the people, but maybe if the fascists win one strike and all the workers are in their graves.

Vote Republican: A safe bet

Also, I did call you, Mr. Longstrum a communist, because of your ideological beliefs'... State Capitalism and all... I don't go thrown it around lie its nobody's business. Mr. Longstum we are working at creating food banks, and finding work, we are helping the less fortunate as I described in my social policies'. We are working with the people, but maybe if the fascists win one strike and all the workers are in their graves.

And there you go, more of that nonsense, calling me a communist and then accusing me of state capitalism. You do realize capitalism and communism are mutually exclusive concepts, right? Or do you just like to call anyone who disagrees with you a communist?

Furthermore, our policies do not entail state-monopolies, we merely want to point the economy in the right direction. Again, you confuse us with communists, when we're nothing alike. We don't want to limit or inhibit private initiative, merely direct it and put caps on how much one can make, because you can't tell me it's fair or it's right for a few men to control 85% of the wealth in this country. That's madness! If there's any way to ensure the fall of capitalism and the rise of communism, it's keeping the money in the hands of those few men! The only way to defend this great, God-blessed nation against the red horror is to radically reconstruct its economic structure. You can see, plain as day, that our current situation is untenable. We can't keep this up forever. We've gotta act now, or we're gonna lose out in the end.

We need radical change, and we need it now!

Limit how much wealth you gain... That doesn't that sound like a free America, people make businesses to make wealth, so were going to cap it so that people can't make over a certain amount. That's ridiculous! Why not stop their with you fascists? Let's cap entertainment, education and much more! We shouldn't limit how much people make, or can make, I don't believe a few men should be have a lot of our countries' wealth but if they make it themselves good for them! They founded a resource or created a business, that's there good fortune and initiative. A free America doesn't cap anything, they let people reach the stars.

I understand both fascists and communists are not the same, but they do have the same authoritarian ideology. Give the leader all the power, and let them do as they please. You cannot tell me America will still be a free country under fascists. It is completely out of the fascist ideology, but let's say your ideas fix our economy great but how about the people? They live oppressed.

War mongering is another word that could also be used... A nation always looking to fight, win and be on top. Killing innocent men... Going to war in a economic downturn, is not a responsible thing to do is it, My Dear Leader.

Vote Republican: End the madness

It has been twenty-three long years since the Great War - a war that claimed millions of American lives, which could have easily been preserved had our elected statesmen simply been more assertive in their foreign policy. Yet after all these years, the parties of the Republic remain just as passive and pathetic. They must therefore hold themselves responsible for thrusting this nation into the arms of Fascism, for only the United Fascist Party now promises a robust foreign policy to defend America from her enemies and uphold the new world order that we fought for three, long bloody years to obtain.

I cast my vote for Mister Milton-Spencer. God preserve these United States.

- Marinus van Mayer

God preserve these United States.

I fear there will be no United States to preserve if Mr. Milton-Spencer has his way.

At the very least, I believe all voters can agree that a vote for Milton is a vote for an interesting next four years. And isnt curiosity an important and essential part of the American spirit. Stroke that curiosity. Remember, it can only kill cats, not people.

Vote Milton for the executive power needed to end this financial crisis, and to assert our dominance on the world stage.

In other news, William Taggarman was recently shot dead walking out of his manor in Texas, on his way to the poles. The suspected shooter was a thug with links to local Mob boss/ Fascist sympathizer, Robert Piersson, who has become a larger force in Texas politics in recent years following the economic collapse. Piersson has considered using his mob influence for political gains, and the senatorship of Texas is now open. However, he might have higher goals on a more local scale in mind.

After extensive negotiations between both parties, I hereby make official the Progressive-Republican Union Ticket:

Presidential Candidate: Phillip J. J. McCahill (Progressive)
Vice-Presidential Candidate: Constant C. Blancharde (Republican)

Unified Platform

Economic Policy

The continuation of industrial stimulus to boost the economy, until such a time as the recovery is secure.
An increase in capital expenditure to boost the economy; such as a project to create 'motorways' to connect our major cities.
An increase in regulation where necessary to ensure the economy is never in danger of such a serious recession again; such as the creation of mandatory capital buffers for retail and investment banking.
The provision of tax cuts for loans to small to medium businesses, which will help promote growth.
The continuation of progressive taxation polices.
The continuation of the NIRA and the NARA.
Police and military salary raise.
The Creation of the Find Work Bureau, to be part of the National Public Works Administration.

Domestic Policy

The introduction of a national curriculum, which will define the subjects all schools will teach in detail, allowing the standard and relevancy of qualifications to be maintained and children not to be taught inflammatory or untrue information as fact.
The provision of free school meals.
The creation of more soup kitchens and open beds.
The creation of independent inspectorates for public services (schools, hospitals,the police etc) to maintain standards and ensure your tax dollars are well spent.
The provision of free emergency healthcare.
The introduction of means testing to benefits, to ensure the money goes where it is needed, but no reduction in social spending.
The provision of extra benefits to single parents with dependant children.
The reform of the civil service to increase speed and lower costs.
The creation of all party congressional commissions to tackle governmental waste and to investigate political reform.
The introduction of minimum standards to schemes, with funding cut to those schemes which are under performing or wasting money.

Foreign Policy

The continuation of support to our allies in Europe.
An increase in diplomatic, administrative and economic aid to legitimate governments under attack by rebels.
The creation of sanctions to weaken overly repressive or aggressive states.

Unless the voter explicitly states that they withdraw/change their vote, votes for McCahill/Harrison and Blancharde/Carlsson will transfer to McCahill/Blancharde.

Vote count (as of 4:15 PM GMT, September 2nd)

McCahill/Blancharde: 8
Milton-Spencer/Longstrum: 6

Kaisersohaib; I noticed your post, but am unsure of what you mean. Are you changing your vote from Milton-Spencer? (P.S. Ryan is not running this cycle, so your vote change would have to be to an abstain, or to McCahill/Blancharde)

For those who fear the Fascist upset being brushed aside post-election should the Union Ticket be victorious, I can assure you that the entirety of the next four years will pretty much revolve around Mr. Milton-Spencer and his associates, win or lose.

Last edited:
I, Constant Blancharde have accepted this platform, as my own and together we will destroy the fascists that risk endangering America! We look forward to create a America of freedom, liberty and prosperity.

Last edited:
I, too, endorse this platform. I hope that the moderates of this country can unite behind us and that we can preserve this Union from the destructive forces of Communism and, more immediately, Fascism.

You see!? You all see!? The cowardly, rat-tailed Progressives and their no good, fat cat Republican friends have come together to manipulate the vote against the American people! They don't want to see the people be prosperous! They'd rather see 'em all starve to death than give up their power to those who truly give a damn 'bout the American people!

Vote Milton-Spencer! Give these robber barons what for!

What we see today is of no surprise to me, or to anybody in the United Fascist Party. One day these two men, McCahill and Blancharde oppose each other the next they are married, as if there were a shotgun held to each of their heads. They do so because they fear the back and forth duality that sees them in turns receiving government salaries and other perks shall be shattered. I assure you people of America it shall be shattered! For they may try with all their might to resist the wave of fascism that has swept this great country, but they shall fail, just as their policies fail when they are in government. And I desire to say directly to those two men; you shall lose. Your "impromptu" alliance shall not save you, nor shall any amount of money you seek to throw at this election, nor shall any amount of arms, for fate has already decided that fascism shall rule in this country. For the glory of god and these United States.

Fascism is the future!

I vote McCahill/Blancharde.

((I'm not 100% of exactly how this is going to go down, but it's definitely going to be ugly)).