• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I completely understand - the modern-day comparisons are just too strong though: a debt crisis in Europe, a major recession (or soon to be), massive polarisation in politics between the left and the right... Shall we shelve this and accept that the banking system will fail but it was "unforeseen"... Maybe this little bit of legislation could be brought out once the banks start going to the wall and be used to stop total disaster?))

((I completely understand - the modern-day comparisons are just too strong though: a debt crisis in Europe, a major recession (or soon to be), massive polarisation in politics between the left and the right... Shall we shelve this and accept that the banking system will fail but it was "unforeseen"... Maybe this little bit of legislation could be brought out once the banks start going to the wall and be used to stop total disaster?))

Well, yes. This European Debt Crisis is very different from the current one, and not so much a crisis as a minor pain in the ass, but I see what you mean. It does sort of go to prove though; history repeats itself a lot, and the economy is the sphere in which people are most likely to forget it.

Shelving it until the system actually goes belly-up is probably best. I've already had a massive discussion with atomicsoda on how he as President will respond when the system goes to hell. He's got some nice plans. I'll mix and match them a bit, have him try one or two of them. All in all, the system's too huge and fragile for the measures to stop the 30s from becoming the decade from hell, but they'll likely contain about as much of the damage as is possible for the 1929 Federal Government to contain while still being human (i.e. confused and completely overwhelmed by the sheer size of this monster).

I vote yes to the War Debt Act, as it is a reasonable way to get payment for services rendered. I cannot accept the Banking Safety and Stability Act, and must vote no.

My father was concerned about an impending economic collapse; however, I have seen nothing but prosperity from my very first memory. All this talk about a crash seems unfounded to me, and to most other people. I love my father, but his worries are entirely unfounded. Since the Civil War, we've had one crash, and that was literally last century.

All this worrying is just making the market less certain and could cause some downturn; however, even that will not likely lead to any major crisis.

- General Richard Jarvis

The Banking Safety and Stability Act of 1929: Yes

The Stewart Act: Yes

I support both Bills! Yet I am disappointed that my amendment didn't find it's way onto the BSSA, I can think of no greater insult to the average American than have some rich fat-cats gamble away his hard earned savings on some poorly conceived investment.

I want to congratulate President-elect Ryan on his victory and accept with pride his nomination to be Secretary of State. While my efforts at achieving domestic popularity were less than successful, I hope to promote peace and goodwill abroad, extending America's hand of friendship across borders and oceans.

In my capacity as nominee, I would like to propose an alternate solution to the Anglo-French war debt. Both Britain and France retain colonies in the Americas, including Guyana, Belize, and numerous Caribbean islands. Though British colonial possessions are of course sacrosanct from seizure under the Buffalo Accords, I believe we can offer both the United Kingdom and the Republic of France the option to release their colonial holdings in the Americas as part of their repayment efforts, with exact numbers to be determined at the negotiating table. This should not be perceived as a demand on our part, merely a potential solution that may be taken up if they so choose, but doing so would both relieve the crushing weight of their debt and promote freedom and democracy in the Western Hemisphere.

If the President finds this acceptable, I will propose it as potential legislation and put it to a vote alongside the Stewart Act.

Finally, I would like to congratulate former President Jarvis on a well-deserved retirement. Though we may have disagreed as often and as loudly as possible on domestic affairs, he knows that I respect him and the sincerity of his beliefs. Good luck both in the South and abroad; I may join you, once my time in the Cabinet is up.

Also, I vote yes to both bills.

Okay, that ties the BSSA at 5-5 by my count (I am assuming atomicsoda will vote yay on his own bill).

The Stewart Act is passing by a wide as all heck margin of 8 yays and 1 abstain (haven't assumed anything for atomicsoda, as it's not his bill).

I vote Yes to both the BSSA and the Stewart Act. I would also support Micheal Sullivan's potential legislation on the Anglo-French war debt.

- Governor C. Blancharde

Alright, I'll call it.

The Polls are Closed.

The BSSA passes by 7 yays to 6 nays.
The SWDA passes by 11 yays to 1 abstain.

I propose the following piece of legislation.

State Rights Billl:

1. It is the right of the individual state to determine whether they want segregation or not. This includes if they want colored people to be able to fight in their state guards or work for for the state.

With this bill we can finally put the discussion of segregation in its grave. Now the individual states can decide for themselves, instead of the federal government marching in and making demands.

I accept the State Rights Bill.
Hello America! we are speaking through the National American Radio here and we have the latest political news: Patrick Ryan wins the election with his Progressive Party slightly, he's first bill was kind of succesful while the Stewart Bill is accepted with a very big positive votes, while in the cities of Houston, New York, Seattle ,Miami, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Richmond and finally and Cincinatti a major revolt is happening at the cause of a protest .The angry mob seems to be destroying banks and stadiums moving all to the Capital! i hope the governement does something about that. In the sport news...
Major turn-up in america!
Also BBB can i create a new party?

Last edited:
((If it has enough support, you can ask to create one; especially with the moribund Federal Party, a new party will probably emerge within eight years.))

Then i hereby declare the re-encarnation of the Federal Party,the true one, this is a party of new ideas, new members, to make America even a better place so if this party gets + 5 votes BBB will accept it, members of the old true federal party. Join us!.
(( So voting to this party can start kinda now, oh and i kinda need someone to help me with the platform and Projekt 919, At least i will give it a try, i don't like criticism))

Last edited:
Then i hereby declare the re-encarnation of the Federal Party,the true one, this is a party of new ideas, new members, to make America even a better place so if this party gets + 5 votes BBB will accept it, members of the old true federal party. Join us!.
(( So voting to this party can start kinda now))

(You Never Clearly defined a Platform, that and if we want to put the progressives down, the center and right needs to be united, so I do not support this Idea)

State Rights Billl:

1. It is the right of the individual state to determine whether they want segregation or not. This includes if they want colored people to be able to fight in their state guards or work for for the state.

With this bill we can finally put the discussion of segregation in its grave. Now the individual states can decide for themselves, instead of the federal government marching in and making demands.

I will fight this bill with every power I have. I will not let millions of American citizens become permanent second class citizens.

((I figured the Federals and the Progressives would just join in permanent coalition, seeing as every Federal abandoned Taggerman anyway, and he himself could barely even call himself a Federal.))

State Rights Billl:

I can promise to you with the support of the president that this administration will not let this bill pass!

I won't be accepting new parties formed right off the bat.

The Independent bracket of the Presidential system is going to do that job from now on. If a party from that bracket breaks out (as the Progressives did this election), then they've gained enough traction to depose one of the Big Two. The banner the independent candidate is running on proves to be more than a banner. In this case, it proved this by having Ryan run on the same base ideology as Sullivan, instead of just taking the name Progressive and running with a wildly different platform. A counter-example would be Taggarman ending the Federals as a legitimate party by detonating the concept of a Federal "party line."