• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two Reasons: One should not change horses in the middle of a race, and I think General of teh Army Khur should stay in the field, where he can be of most use, instead of being stuck in Washington encumbered by the political dealings of petty politicians.

Right now, the nation has a winning team with Cameron handling the politics and oratory, and Khur handling the blood, guts and victory.

((i have to agree with you, though it may break khur's heart to hear that his overlord isnt supporting him anymore. too late to turn back now though, khur shall continue to fight the war while mr hensdale campaigns for a victory with the voters))

When do the primaries end? And has someone voted for me when I wasn't looking?

When do the primaries end? And has someone voted for me when I wasn't looking?

I'd say, tomorrow at 7PM GMT. Unfortunately for Mr. Walsh, the only Democrat vote I know of is the one cast for Mr. Cartwright. :(

I'd say, tomorrow at 7PM GMT. Unfortunately for Mr. Walsh, the only Democrat vote I know of is the one cast for Mr. Cartwright. :(

Oh well. Could I potentially change characters, perhaps to a journalist? I don't have photoshop, but I don't really like being controversial. Perhaps I could be the American BBC paper? Maybe even a radio host when you get that invention?

Oh well. Could I potentially change characters, perhaps to a journalist? I don't have photoshop, but I don't really like being controversial. Perhaps I could be the American BBC paper? Maybe even a radio host when you get that invention?

I'd have no problem with it, as long as the democrats have a ticket. Perhaps being Cartwright's running mate could be Eldud's last act?

I'd have no problem with it, as long as the democrats have a ticket. Perhaps being Cartwright's running mate could be Eldud's last act?

Well, I'm not certain yet, we'll see what happens in the election. It's always possible two people randomly turn up and make me the candidate :) (no harm in wishful thinking, yes?)

Well, I'm not certain yet, we'll see what happens in the election. It's always possible two people randomly turn up and make me the candidate :) (no harm in wishful thinking, yes?)

No harm at all. :)

(( I think I've got Nightmare, Zagoroth, and Caesar's votes if I recall. Not a bad showing for the Whig primaries, considering the primaries are open and it seems some former Democrats are casting votes for their favorite Whig candidate rather than in the Democratic field. In terms of consistent Whig voters, I'd say I did pretty well - considering I'm going up against an incumbent and we're literally in the middle of a war. Once this current war is over, maybe I'll be able to become president and stop further expansion. ))

(( I think I've got Nightmare, Zagoroth, and Caesar's votes if I recall. Not a bad showing for the Whig primaries, considering the primaries are open and it seems some former Democrats are casting votes for their favorite Whig candidate rather than in the Democratic field. In terms of consistent Whig voters, I'd say I did pretty well - considering I'm going up against an incumbent and we're literally in the middle of a war. Once this current war is over, maybe I'll be able to become president and stop further expansion. ))

You are currently at a tie, which is very good for an anti-war candidate in an AAR populated by jingoism. :)

((A tie? Bah, I'm gonna have to get my act together and do some kind of passion inflaming speech ain't I?))

((A tie? Bah, I'm gonna have to get my act together and do some kind of passion inflaming speech ain't I?))

Please do! Nothing like a good speech to stir the heart! There's a reason I keep rewatching a clip of United.

((The SNP has already decided on it's ticket, you'll be able to vote come the Presidential elections))

((The SNP has already decided on it's ticket, you'll be able to vote come the Presidential elections))

What happened to that speech? If you don't start it soon I'll have to tear up watching United.

Is this Whig primary open to everyone? If so, I'm voting Cameron.

It is indeed, and your vote has been counted.

Why We Fight

A letter to Americans from Secretary of State Daniel Gallatin,

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness... when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Over three score years ago these words were written down and signed by the delegations of what would become the United States of America. This is our history, and what made us great.

But that is not enough. We cannot rest simply on what our forefathers did for us. This must also be our legacy in the times to come.

The Cameron administration understands this history and our need to continue basing American actions on the principles and ideals that make us American. I am in the region known as Alta California because of this. Here we see people whose government, lead by the despot Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, does not support their unalienable rights. We have seen this before, in Texas. In Texas, people - including American citizens who like the people of Moses had gone from the land of freedom and were enslaved to the persecutions of a cruel master - were denied these rights.

We did not stand up for Texas then. We waited, dealing them no protection until they fulfilled their duty to rise up against the government to institute for themselves a new one which could better promote their safety and happiness. They shed much blood for that, but by the hand of Providence and our late support for the rights of man they were spared from the goals of Santa Anna to make Texas a "graveyard".

We now fight to carry out our duty towards our fellow Americans, and our brothers among all mankind - these men who have these inalienable rights.

We fight for the people of Texas. I said before that they were spared, but it was not fully so. Still, many Texans and American citizens residing in American property were under the persecution of the Mexican army in its occupation of Southern Texas. Such a grievous disregard for human rights and the sovereignty of our nation angers us.

We fight for the people of Colorado. Of Montana. Of Oregon. We fight for the border states, as Santa Anna has shown that he has no regard for borders, and his armies occupy or raid what they cannot claim and suppress.

We fight for the people of Alta California. Of the Nevada region. Of Deseret. We fight for the citizens of Mexico whose government has disregarded and trampled upon their rights. It is our duty as well that they might have new guards for future security. We will not wait and see them bleed for our ideals, lose their futures when we could have saved those futures. We will not wait to see them ravaged like Texas, and simply hope that again they might be spared complete destruction. We will fight for their unalienable rights because we can and they cannot - not without horrific costs.

This is our right, to serve the interests of mankind rather than the petty interests of feudal monarchs and imperial states. This is our duty, to protect and preserve life liberty and the pursuit of happiness for those who are oppressed.

This is why we fight.

Secretary of State
Daniel Gallatin

((the reasons why he is in Alta California will become clearer if I ever finish writing a little something extra I have planned))

Good speech Mr. Secretary.

I've made a change to the contents page's extra bits (i.e. Not the main story). I'm pretty sure I missed an issue of Harper's Weekly, so if anyone could point me to the page it's on, I'd be very grateful.

((Cameron’s speech to an amass of working & middle class people in Southern Manhattan))

My fellow Americans, despite my position of President, right now I find myself dwarfed. That is dwarfed by the uncompromising and fundamental importance of all you fine people, regardless of any political affiliations I salute you fine men. As much as historians may argue that us politicians write the great book of history I argue it’s you. Without your unending work in the factories, the shipyards, and in our armies in the south, this nation would be without steam. There is no finer breed than the working class American. So I propose to entertain the idea of a basic public health service, free at the point of use and subsidised by the federal government. A thorough review shall be conducted with my oversight and then hopefully put into practice in the next term. We must as a country invest and protect our workforce to ensure continued productivity and happiness of the working man.

In my second term I shall pursue the expansion of women’s rights with great vigour, something for which I have strong conviction. Women have the ability to read, write, philosophise and run business, why then are they denied the simple ability to vote? Their comprehension of politics stands at no disadvantage to the man par the institutional objections to their presence. Such objections are wrought out of fear; that is fear for the politicians’ jobs and livelihoods, viewing any change in the status quo as a threat. But any great politician is adaptable and capable of surviving, even embracing change. Indeed I’d go as far to say you as an electorate should reject anyone who resists the expansion of the vote to women as it reveals their weakness.

Finally; Santa Anna’s horrendous treatment of civilians both his and our own reveals the need for decisive and swift action, such action that has been undertaken by my administration. In time of great crisis the brilliant military leadership of our commanders and the unrelenting skill of our soldiers combined with the work of my diplomatic team led by the genius Daniel Gallatin has secured our victory in war and the enhancement of our prestige in face of the world. But such an imperialistic world still poses dangers to our sovereignty, which is why I have been the first President to pledge the building of an expeditionary force and continue with its expansion in the next term.

I bargain for your vote, and I hope the strong record I have built over the past four years secures it.

((Okay, it’s not passion-inflaming, but you need to do a policy speech every now and then, rhetoric only goes so far.))