• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This plan is in three phases ((S's)) for a reason gentleman. They do not happen all-together, for the exact reason of Over-Extension.

Phase 1: Will end this minority enemy in our own hemisphere before they can get enough support and weaponry to become a physical and present danger to us.

Phase 2: Will declare our dominance of the Sea, allowing us freedom of movement all over the world. This will be the key that wins the war, taking any coastal city that is undefended by Germany or France.

Phase 3: The physical continuation of Phase 2, when our troops take decisive action against undefended borders.

For our European allies, they will have to fend for themselves. We can offer financial support if necissary, but England's main goal is he support of France. We have our own objectives to win this war.

I encourage President Terrance to formally adopt this plan of action for the war. As it is the most cohesive and organized plan, and in my humble opinion, the best plan of action for our Mighty Nation.

P.S. Dear Lieutenant G. Bradley, I thank you for your dedication to the United States Military. I'm sure that Mandrake will find an acceptable position for you in his future invasion of Chile if the plan goes through. If not, I'm sure the Force that will take Vladivostok will have a need for a commander.

Écossais, Secretary of Defense

-Due to the requirements of the war and his years of service Nicholas Kildwell was promoted to Rear-Admiral in the US Navy-
While Mr Ecossais plan is a good one I encourage sending troops to France as we will not need all our forces to deal with Chile and take Vladivostok and if the Triple Alliance take France they will have complete mastery of Europe.
((If your going to give command of the Vladivostok force to a Lieutenant then it can't be much of a force))

Last edited:
The President and I, having consulted Generals Sable, Garrison and Burke (US Army), Admirals Fuller and Townes (USN), and Air Marshal Halliwell (USAF), submit the following plan for the consideration of the cabinet, military and congress:

Terrance-Harrison Plan​

Troop numbers are denoted as such; Total # (Regular/Conscript)

Europe

350,000 (200,000/150,000)

Primary Objective:
To stabilize and reinforce Allied Fronts closest to Paris until Chile has fallen.

Secondary Objective:
To aid Allied forces in the push toward Germany.

50,000 (30,000/20,000)

Primary Objective:
To bulk up Italian defenses against Austria-Hungary.

Secondary Objective:
To back up limited-aims Italian offensives.

Naval Objectives:
Total blockade of Tripartite ports.

Americas

300,000 (100,000/200,000)

Primary Objective:
To invade and occupy Northern Chile.
To march on Santiago and force an unconditional Chilean surrender.

Naval Objectives:
Destruction of Chilean Navy.
Protection of Panama Canal.
Total blockade of Chilean ports.

Pacific

50,000 (50,000/0)

Primary Objective:
To seize and occupy Vladivostok in order to prevent Russian action in Pacific.

Naval Objectives:
To patrol Bering Straight and be available in case of withdrawal from Vladivostok.

All Theaters

61,000 (61,000/0)

Primary Objective:
To reinforce the Pacific and American Fronts when and where necessary.

USAF:
Air Force distribution and objectives will be decided at the time planes are available, though precedence must be given to the more technologically advanced Entente-German Front.

Estimated Troops Needed

811,000 (441,000/370,000) initial
Reinforcements to be decided as need dictates.

I support the Terrance-Harrison Plan.

I too, support the Terrance-Harrison Plan. However, I feel that to win the war, even more soldiers should be sent over to try and end the war quickly.

I offer my support as well and hope to find a place within it.

Well, it doesn't seem like I'm needed -.-.

Nothing like being undercut by your boss to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Since the Treasury Department obviously has more say then the Defense Department in the war I am going to wait here silently fuming.

Well at least some people supported me before I was thrown under the bus.

Sincerly,

Écossais, Secretary of something that apparently doesn't have sway in government

You're taking offence too easily Secretary Écossais, there was originally no plan to invade Vladivostok, that was added as per your suggestion. There was also no plan to open a second front in Europe, through the invasion of Crimea. This is under serious consideration for the future.

((A radio broadcast made by President Terrance as the wheels of war began to be set into motion.))

Ladies and gentlemen of this fine nation. I want to ask something of you. I want to ask something that sounds simple, but shall require so much effort...I want us all to send a message to the Kaiser in Berlin, the Tsar in St. Petersberg and the President in Santiago. A message that we shall be victorious!

That we shall fight their armies. We shall bombard their ships. We shall starve their populace. We shall not rest until we have secured victory, and we shall not allow the despot dictators of our enemy nations to rest. We shall keep them awake with the sound of our cannonade. And in twenty years when asked 'what have you done with your life?' every individual whom served on the front lines, who cared for our soldiers in the medical tents, who worked in the munitions factories, who shoveled coal in our ships, who repaired our artillery and who stormed valiantly into hostile territory will be able to reply 'I fought for freedom. I protected the civilised world from aggression. I stopped the wave of imperialism and militarism that seeked to drown us.'

Under our star spangled banner, a banner of freedom, shall we march. We shall march straight to the capitals of those aggressors who raised arms at us and our allies, and by the grace of god shall they never dare do so again.

((I'mma playing to my red-haired bio :D (quick to anger, quick to forgive), I'm not actually having insulted))

Mr. President, I just to feel like I'm appreciated, so thank you for your input.

Is there any chance of future involval of nations? Can the Ottoman Empire or Sweden be presuaded out of neutrality?

I feel it is a strategic mistake to leave Russian armies in Europe un-engaged, as it will allow them freedom to mass, move on Balkan nations, or possibly aid Germany on the Western front against France and the United Kingdom. I fear that by massing so many men on the Western front, it will devolve into static warfare and all initiative and ability to maneuver will be lost as the enemy will only have one front to cover for the first few years of the war. However, as the plan was put forward by my superiors, I feel that I have no option but to acquiesce and offer my services, and that of the 3rd Infantry Division, to be first among the American armies sent forth to defend freedom. I ask that our leaders consider that a second front against Russia needs to be a priority, to be pursued as soon as possible after Chile is dealt with, or at such time that we have forces enough to spare. Putting it off will only make the situation in Europe that much more difficult.

Major General Walter Mandrake
3rd Infantry Division

((Also, a second lieutenant would unfortunately never be put in command of a unit unless it had suffered catastrophic losses of the leadership. In general, lieutenants command at the platoon level, but regiments and divisions that would be used to occupy Vladivostok would likely be under the command of colonels or 1-2 star generals.))

I suggest landing a small force of 10 000 regulars in Northern Germany to annoy the Germans and force them to keep a force behind their lines. Then pull them back out by sea if larger German forces attempt to engage.

Last edited:
Can I add the suggestion of sending a naval squadron to protect the (French) Suez Canal, just as we are protecting the Panama canal.

Gentlemen, remember that the Terrance-Harrison Plan already has three to four fronts of varying sizes (depending on whether you count Italy or not). For the purposes of this first year of the war, it is wiser to simply establish American participation to our allies and move in the most vital areas. All your suggestions have been taken into consideration, if not for late 1913, then at least 1914, when this nation has truly begun to live up to its military potential.

I also propose an amendment to the ACA's 2nd Article.

American Conscription Act of 1913, Article II

The NCB is reserved the right to issue drafts.
Section I:
Draftees will be decided on the basis of a state lottery, with names being drawn until the state's draft quota has been met.
Section II:
Draft quotas shall be apportioned based on the amount of registered men of service-age.
Section III:
The unemployed may volunteer their names to fill state quotas.

I'll let theAhawk decide on the Amendment before I put the War Economy Act and ACA to a vote.

Or maybe the unemployed could just volunteer. This notion that the government can force you to serve in a war is absurd, and deeply opposed to the ideals this nation is supposedly built on and honours.

Or maybe the unemployed could just volunteer. This notion that the government can force you to serve in a war is absurd, and deeply opposed to the ideals this nation is supposedly built on and honours.

Of course the best case scenario is that the unemployed volunteer for the regular army. However, we must accept that most men do not wish to commit themselves to military careers, and would rather serve in the wartime-only Drafted Regiments as a temporary money-making measure.

Of course the best case scenario is that the unemployed volunteer for the regular army. However, we must accept that most men do not wish to commit themselves to military careers, and would rather serve in the wartime-only Drafted Regiments as a temporary money-making measure.

We can set up war-time only volunteer regiments as an alternative.

If the War Economy Act is put up for a vote with its anti-labor clauses intact, I will oppose it. I have already suggested potential changes and am open to further discussion on the subject.

I oppose conscription unconditionally. I believe that the plan put forward by the President is reasonable at its core, but I do not believe that the number of troops required is truly necessary. We must honor this alliance, despite my misgivings, but we do not need to sacrifice our farmers, our miners, and our factory workers upon the altar of European ambition. Even the potential loss of our soldiers grieves me deeply, but I can at least know that it was their choice to volunteer for that duty, not something forced upon them by warmongers and blood-thirsty hawks. Facing such a tragedy, why should we then widen the wound by throwing away the lives of innocent men and boys?

theAhawk has informed me by PM that he approves of the amendment to ACA 1913.

The following Bills now go to an Aye-Nay-Abstain vote:

WEA (submitted by President T. H. Terrance)

War Economy Act of 1913

Article I
Industries deemed to be conductive to the war effort are shall to be assigned tasks and direction by the Department of Industry.

Article II
The right to strike in industries considered necessary for the war effort shall be rescinded.

Article III
Unoccupied and unused factory sites that are considered conductive to the war effort shall be brought under the control of the Department of Industry.

Article IV
The National Work Board is now responsible for the workforce in relation to the war effort.

Article V
Federal Grants shall be provided for the establishment of industry for the purposes of the war.

Article VI
This shall only be valid for the duration of the war.

ACA (submitted by Senator K. McCahill)

American Conscription Act of 1913

Article I:
All men between the ages of 18 and 40 are required to register with the National Conscription Board (NCB), which will be under the National Work Board

Article II:
The NCB is reserved the right to issue drafts.
Section I:
Draftees will be decided on the basis of a state lottery, with names being drawn until the state's draft quota has been met.
Section II:
Draft quotas shall be apportioned based on the amount of registered men of service-age.
Section III:
The unemployed may volunteer their names to fill state quotas.

Article III:
Disability and contentious objection are the only exemptions from service if called up.

Article IV:
Those who break this law risk fines of up to $100 and imprisonment for up to 4 years.

Article V:
The NCB shall be disbanded within a year of the secession of hostilities with Russia and Germany.

Article VI:
Powers for the expansion of the program rest with congress on the suggestion of the NCB.