• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Otto Von Vench
Position:Monarchist
A prussian american how when he was 2 moved with his parents on the year 1811 to exsacpe the Nipoleonic wars. He is a member of the not very well known House of Von Vench, how are rulers of a small area in Prussia. He is as of this momment the only male heir of the House of Von Vench. He may be a monarchist but he dispises slavery, calls it "One of the worst of sins, treating your fellow man like dirt. He had tisantly founded the fringe part "Monarchists of America". As of now he has no opinion on the colanization but his opinion of "Texas Itervention" is well known. He belives it is non of our bissnes to mess with other nations rites he has sited" What would you do feel like all of a sudden a foriegn nation intervened if we had one of our states ceccede? You would not be happy would you."

Okay. Here's a few ideas on how to handle draws in the primary:

1: The candidates who are neck to neck can form a coalition of sorts. A President-Vice President deal. They compromise a little on their policies, and decide which one will go on to represent the party in the election.

2: We pray that one of the two tied candidates will forfeit. (HA! Yeah right).

3: The candidate who has least votes out of the three breaks the deadlock by placing a vote for either one of his competitors.

Which one of these do you guys like most?

PS. Alternative methods to resolve draws are being accepted.

Te primaries idea probably wasn't so good. :p

I'm notsure how we're going to solve draws. :/

I doubt anyone will want to just thrown in he towel and accept a VP when they had anequal share of the vote. :/

Yeah, they sort of require more people. Still, I don't want to remove them entirely. Maybe a 2 candidate maximum? At least for the time being.

The point of the primaries is to make sure that the presidential candidates are liked, and not just the first to announce their candidacy.

PS. It's now two candidates in all primaries post-1836.

Last edited:
I, Archibald Cartwright, have been contemplating this primary a great deal, and have decided to pull out of the race for the Democratic Nomination.

I hereby grant my support to mister Thomas McAttack and offer him my experience in the political landscape if he so desires.

My fellow voters, I, Nicolas Khur,urge you to consider me for your ballot on this election. If I am given your confidence and voted in as President of our glorious nation, we shall have a strong military and we shall defeat the Mexicans in their subjugation of our freedom loving brothers and neighbors in Texas. We need a strong President for these tumultous ((sorry if i cant spell)) times that can wistand foreign influence and allow our nation to flourish. I believe that I can be this President if given your vote. Thank you and don't forget to vote Democrat, reguardless of who it is you do vote for.

I, Archibald Cartwright, have been contemplating this primary a great deal, and have decided to pull out of the race for the Democratic Nomination.

I hereby grant my support to mister Thomas McAttack and offer him my experience in the political landscape if he so desires.

Thankyou Mr Cartwright. This move is incredibly decent and gracious of you. I will offer you the position as my running mate if it would please you.

Thankyou Mr Cartwright. This move is incredibly decent and gracious of you. I will offer you the position as my running mate if it would please you.

As a supporter of Mr McAttack, I advise he waits to see how the situation pans out, including whether he wins or not, to start picking his running mate. Apart from that, I totally agree.

Anyone can sign up for this at any time during elections right?

Signing up is always possible. Candidacy is only possible in the two to three day announcement period.

{wow this thread really blossomed, I wish I checked this more often. I see BBB you took some creative liberty on my bio (if you needed more info you could have asked :))}

Cough, as John Fender of the Whig party I will implore once again the importance of national unity. The Colonizaiton and Texas Acts are behind us, so now a president must be chosen on the outlook of the future. We must contend with the growing industrial powers of the Old World by the growth of our own industry. We must be self sufficient, and to that I propose a complete removal of government and economics (as complete as possible) for the growth of industry by those who know it best.

We must also consider a growing question. Stirrings of discontent have been heard in communities of the deep South, and in the North as well indeed. We cannot allow the question of slavery to dominate the political spectrum, or risk the fracturing of this young nation itself {Fender is quite clairvoyant, but so were the real life whigs we are all basing this on :)}.

As I cannot vote for myself, I throw my vote behind by fellow running Whig Arthur King.

{seriously, this is what ruined politics for the Whigs in OTL, having three people run against a single Democrat...}

I Vote for Thommas McAttack for the Presidency

Democrat: Thomas McAttack

I would also like to Introduce my Persona

Thomas J. L. Davis

Current Position: Colonel, Georgia Militia
Born: 1802
Backstory: Born in 1802 to poor farmers in Thomasville, Georgia Thomas first served in the military as a powder monkey in Fort McHenry during the war of 1812. After the end of the war three years later he worked on his parents farm while teaching himself how to read and do math for another three before enlisting as a private in the georgia militia. During the Seminole wars he served under General Jackson with valour and developed a great respect for the man and his views. During the Forced exodus of the Cherokee he made a fortune selling provisions at vastly overinflated prices to the starving natives. Using this money he bought a small plantation in his hometown of Thomasville with ten slaves and secured a commision as colonel in the Georgia Militia. His Views differ from jacksons in only one respect. He loves the United States, but he loves the South more and would do anything to defend it. He lost a lot of respect for jackson after his hanling of the issues with John C. Calhoun and South Carolina and felt Jackson had betrayed the south. He is known for being Brave, Kind, and Stubborn to the point of Obstinateness. He now spends most of his time on his georgia Plantation as during peacetime there is little for a Militia Colonel to do. If only the United States would Invade Mexico, Then he could do something other than watch other people pick cotton.

Drayton_Hall_2007.jpg

Davis Hall, Georgia, His Plantation​

Last edited:
Sir, as touching as this this i must inform you i am not running for president as my role in Oregon means i cannot go to Washington. I however wish you all the best in your campaign Mr Khur.

((He is thanking you for your vote on him ^^))

Mr McAttack, it would be ill-advised and dumb to not accept your offer, and thus I will gladly help your campaign towards the presidency by taking position as running mate.

they might have a chance here though since there are 2 democrat candidates

Well, I'd say they have a pretty good chance since the actual election's going to be between one Democrat and one Whig.

PS. Voting in the primary closes at 7PM GMT on Tuesday, April 12th.

Last edited: