• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Maybe Santa Anna eats beans to make his army march faster?))

((beans would take up less weight and room so they could march more troops with them and cover more ground thus winning the war.....
it all makes sense, to rule the world... feed your armies beans...
genious!!!)) ((still cant spell by the way))

((we really need to explain the whole bean-eater thing too. an entire update on it should do the trick :D ))

I'm not sure about an entire update, I'll have a footnote on it in the next one. Remind me. :D

((Cameron's speech to the Senate))

Gentlemen of the Senate, my fellow Americans. We find ourselves engaged in a military conflict, a conflict we will win due to the intelligence, prowess and devotion of our soldiers. Every one of them has shown their patriotism in the finest possible way upon the field of battle, and I feel every loss of one of our nation’s sons deeply. Nevertheless they fight, and they die, so that generations further may enjoy peace, so that our country can survive and prosper, so that the star spangled banner of freedom may flow across this continent.

In recent days it has become evident the unacceptable position of Santa Anna and his dictatorial regime can’t be changed by anything less than the complete military domination of the United States. Which is why we are forced to demand of Mexico the territories north of the Rio Grande to secure the lives of American peoples in the west. We shall also expand the liberties enjoyed by our citizens to all of those currently lying within the territories acquired. I believed the expansion of democracy, government of the people, by the people, for the people, of the right to a fair trial by an independent judiciary needs one day cloak the world in its entirety. It begins now in the liberation of these American and Mexican peoples.

God bless the Union.

- John F. Cameron
- President of the United States of America

Whig.

Although I'll likely be keeping my Cabinet the same if re-elected.

I shall run for the SNP nomination. ((until project comes back and puts in his own ticket))

Id be happy to try as your VP this time on the ticket

((Though I still remain head of the Party))

Id be happy to try as your VP this time on the ticket

((Though I still remain head of the Party))

((this should definately prove that we are not a dictaorship party, the Southern National Party is in favor of a northerner being our ticket for presidency))

I would be proud to have you as my VP while running and if/when we win the election.

((and im fine with you leading the party))

I am running for the nomination in the SNP.

((It aint a real democracy with our real democracy I say! For me it was either SNP or return to the Democrats, so I choose the SNP.))

As Secretary of State of the Cameron Administration, I would like to comment on the situation in Mexico.

The bean consuming Santa Anna has again shown his cruel side in the unmitigated tragedies that his armies have pursued in the border regions during this war. It is clear that he does not support the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of the citizens in these northern reaches of his empire.

Furthermore, this is not Europe or Asia or such long entrenched regions. These are the colonial lands that the empires of Spain and France and Britain used to control, and now we American republics and American tyrants hold. What is California to Santa Anna, then?
- He has rejected any right to it by good governance, fairness, and common good. His government does not support the good of the people.
- The Americans have colonized the regions just as much as the Mexicans have, so nationalist considerations might be ignored (and we are a nation of people where all nationalities may form a nation based not on these national borders but on the borders of our ideals of freedom and the rights of man).

He then only has a few scraps of paper, noting that the old Spanish explorers happened to glance at these northern lands before other explorers did, and that the Spanish explorers maybe killed more native americans or took more gold from these lands than other explorers did.

But Santa Anna is not the King of Spain - he is the ruler of Mexico, and by his cruel actions has disclaimed any rightful hold on these former claims. They deserve to be free, and to pursue the fundamental self-evident rights of man without the cruel hoardes of Santa Anna turning their cities into graves, and their young men into corpses. They cannot be free alone. Texas showed us that. These areas are lightly populated compared to the imperial power of Santa Anna, and they cannot simply hope to stave off the power of the Mexican army which inevitably rises to bite at those which seek the light of freedom. Whether we shall protect them (but I am unsure whether any of the regions have the readiness to form a national government to fully manage their people) or govern them directly, we can protect these people - our own Americans and the oppressed Mexicans and the Natives of the lands - and so let them share with us in the Providence granted rights of all mankind.

- Daniel Gallatin, Secretary of State of the United States of America

((this should definately prove that we are not a dictaorship party, the Southern National Party is in favor of a northerner being our ticket for presidency))

I would be proud to have you as my VP while running and if/when we win the election.

((and im fine with you leading the party))

I am running for the nomination in the SNP.

How About this, Hensdale was on the last ticket, as was I. So How about we have Khur runningfor president and Hensdale for VP. I will remain the head of the party and will probably run again next election, but I think I could use my spare time to return to my military command or run for senaewhile I wait.

How About this, Hensdale was on the last ticket, as was I. So How about we have Khur runningfor president and Hensdale for VP. I will remain the head of the party and will probably run again next election, but I think I could use my spare time to return to my military command or run for senaewhile I wait.

I will accept this deal under condition that I eventually am allowed by the party to run for President. If not, you've got yourself a Democrat here.

I'm perfectly fine with that, if Mr. Hensdale agrees then this is what we will do. But this must be sorted out soon, for there is a war going on and I can not remain away from the front for any long amount of time at any given moment. If I am put on as our presidential nominee, then I ask that who ever is my VP will campaign without me until such a time that I will be free to leave my post.