• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
, because

((There's a 'well' missing there.))

not for the wealthiest among us, not for the poor, but for ALL AMERICANS!

((Rip-off :) ))

Kade Roland Carter said:
As president, I will remove the blocks on their progress, taxes

Will Congressman Carter really abolish taxes?

Last edited:
Will Congressman Carter really abolish taxes?

((What I meant when I wrote it is I would lower taxes, cut regulation, and lower tariffs, not get rid of them completely (though personally, I would love to...)))

Harrison/Khur

:glare:

((What I meant when I wrote it is I would lower taxes, cut regulation, and lower tariffs, not get rid of them completely (though personally, I would love to...)))

((What you said was that Carter would abolish taxes, and Carter (or someone else) will have to repond to that IC. Whatever you meant that is what you said. And it's down in black and white.))

((I never wrote I would abolish them; I would remove the undue levels of taxation (as would Carter) which I feel is an impediment to growth. Should I have been more specific? Yes. Did I say I was going to abolish taxes? No.))

I cast my vote for the Harrison-Khur ticket.

- Anton Maxim

((I never wrote I would abolish them; I would remove the undue levels of taxation (as would Carter) which I feel is an impediment to growth. Should I have been more specific? Yes. Did I say I was going to abolish taxes? No.))

((The quote in full:

As president, I will remove the blocks on their progress, taxes and regulation

He (well, you) said "I will remove their blocks on progress, taxes and regulation". That is say "I will remove taxes and regulation" (restrictions on chiold labour as well I presume, since that was major staple of free-marketism in the 19th century). There is no other way of reading it. That is what he (you) said.))

((Terrance campaigning for Harrison in Philadelphia.))

Government cannot be allowed to impede on the American dream, that one can rise through society and through hard work, intelligence and elbow grease be prosperous, however we cannot allow those whom have already done so to use their money to prevent, sometimes illegally, them being joined by others or indeed sometimes replaced by others. The far left would have us subject to a vast and unwieldy bureaucracy and deprive men and women of the fruits of their labour, the far right would have us locked in a perpetual boom and crash loop and leave all profits to only highest of society.

In foreign affairs we should not go looking for war, its costs are much too great. However we cannot be isolated in the world. Concessions to expansionist and imperialist governments cannot be made. The vast body of water that separated and protected us in the last century will not do so in this. The increasing transport links between the old and new world brought by technology has allowed peoples to be closer together in sprit and reality, they have also brought nations closer together. The affairs of Europe must be watched as if they were the affairs of a nation as close to us as Mexico.

((So if Democrats were voting Democrat, we'd be beating the Federals right now. Given the collapse of the ACP (famous last words), this is getting more ridiculous by the second.))

((Because the Democrats believe that the Trust-busting will resume on the same grand scale as before, and that any change will effect that. You picked a bad time to try and run again.

And I have to agree with Riccardo on the whole taxes thing. It doesn't say he would abolish it, you could interpret it in several different ways.))

((The quote in full:
He (well, you) said "I will remove their blocks on progress, taxes and regulation". That is say "I will remove taxes and regulation" (restrictions on chiold labour as well I presume, since that was major staple of free-marketism in the 19th century). There is no other way of reading it. That is what he (you) said.))

((We, considering that he is my running mate after all.))

Senator Walsh, I appreciate your concerns about abolishing all taxes. While I personally feel that most taxes are a form of abridging liberty for all men, I concede the point that some taxes are necessary for the continued functioning of federal, state, and local government. However, our government is currently awash with funds ((assuming, of course, that this is your standard "become richer than god" US V2 game still)), and reducing the tax burden on all would not hurt the treasury at all. In fact, I posit to you, sir, that it would propel the economy upwards, as every man along the social strata would have more funds. The working class could live more comfortably, and the business class would have additional funds to expand their businesses, or found new ones!

roy_mustang said:
((assuming, of course, that this is your standard "become richer than god" US V2 game still)).

Actually, since lowering taxes to 10/10/15% for lower/middle/upper, and keeping tariffs at 0, we're hovering close to a negative income. It's rather refreshing. Of course, we still make God look like a hobo thanks to the 52 million dubloon budget surplus from previous administrations.

((I do believe BBB said somewhere that we do have an ungodly amount of surplus funds. And I would love to see the direction this AAR takes if all our opos started promoting to capitalists and aristocrats. Where would your votes come from then Democrats?! :p))

((I do believe BBB said somewhere that we do have an ungodly amount of surplus funds. And I would love to see the direction this AAR takes if all our opos started promoting to capitalists and aristocrats. Where would your votes come from then Democrats?! :p))

See above post. 52 million in game money. We're rolling in dough, and to quote roy_mustang, are "richer than God".

((So close to a low flat tax! *mouth waters*))

If that taxes are that low, then perhaps we should stay the course, and hope to lower them from streamlining the budget (minor cuts, and other somesuch).