+ Reply to Thread
Page 377 of 517 FirstFirst ... 277 302 327 352 367 375 376 377 378 379 387 402 427 452 477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 10329

Thread: The Presidents: 1836-1936 - An Interactive US AAR

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    Colombia, Philippines, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and Cuba.

Brazil recently got Chiled, and Mexico's been the UPCA's territory since Bridgeworthy.
    ((Are we going after China/Japan?))

New character (goes into effect after the next update): Simon von Ritter
    Birth year: 1870

Born in New York City to a German father and American mother, he left for Germany with his father when he was just 5 years after the death of his mother. He served in the German army for five years but was denied the opportunity to become an officer, despite his Junker heritage, because of his American birth. He returned to the land of his birth in 1893, against his father's wishes, and enlisted in the US Army. His talents were undeniable, and found himself promoted to Captain by the turn of the century.

Above all else, Simon is interested in US intervention in the Russo-German army. He is willing to do whatever it takes, including forming his own regiment to return to his homeland. He loves the United States, but is politically an independent. At least at the present time...
    Last edited by Avindian; 11-01-2012 at 08:22.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Lyly View Post
    ((Actually, I'm still around, but I have no interest in splitting the vote between the Federalists and the Democrats, so I'm considering voting for President Harrison.))
    ((Remember this is only the primaries, so you can vote for the Democrat you want and vote for Harrison later if you feel the ACP are a shoe-in otherwise.))
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

The Republic of Man, an alternate U.S. where Jefferson and Paine's ideas held more sway early on.
    I vote in the Democratic primary for Nightmore. I will also comment that, in my case and I would imagine for most of the other Democrats - of whom there are as many as the ACP if not more - have declined from voting as to not spoil the chances of Harrison/BBB getting his reelection, as repayment for him running the thread and all.

I would also not use the speculation of the ACP on Democratic party size as any reliable indicator whatsoever.
    Dio Guerrero from Arica (b. 1836), Communist, democrat, Resistance fighter in ThunderHawk's "Shadow of the Andes" AAR

Liberal philosopher and Nantucket native Prof. Simon Firefly in BBB's "The Presidents" Interactive AAR

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them. - William Jennings Bryan (1896)

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

George Walsh, campaigning in Virginia

My friends, you all pay taxes. You have to take some of you hard earned pay and give it to the taxman because the laws says you have to. And when the government gets your taxes, what does it spend them on? It spends them on an army to keep our borders safe, and doctors to keep men who are sick alive.

But does that really matter to you when you’ve lost your job, when you can’t pay the rent, when you can’t feed your families? What do armies and teacher and doctors mean then, when you’re in poverty, not because you are lazy or stupid, but because your bosses have gone bust? It’s time for a government that protects its people. A government that won’t rest until everyone can work, and everyone can pay the rent and everyone can feed their families.

Our system is wrong. We have lived for too long in a system where only the rich can get richer and everything goes to the greedy. This needs to change. The time of greedy capitalism is over. Now is the time for compassionate capitalism. Now is the time for an America that isn’t for ten people, or even for ten million people. It’s for everyone. The American Dream isn’t to be able to get as many money out of other Americans as you can, it’s for everyone to be able to get rich, no matter who you are, or who your father was.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

The United States of America, that's out home. The most spectacular country in the world. We are close to our goal, but not quite yet there. A Nightmore presidency would work hard on creating jobs and keeping the peace. Wars are another enemy of the Working Class. All war are nothing but traps from the Economic Criminals. Nothing but excuses to weaken the workers by sending their sons to foreign battlefields. As president I would never take our young men to battle, if it wasn't for defending out borders. I would also fight hard to create jobs, because every man should be employed. That's the New Economy, a economy where the Working Man can work for an honest pay without fearing that the Economic Criminals on Wall Street will steal his wage and rob him of his way of living. Vote Nightmore, for a New Economy for a New Century.
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    ((Are we going after China/Japan?))
    ((I honestly think every President since Williams has been trying to influence Japan, and we still have nothing.))

Above all else, Simon is interested in US intervention in the Russo-German army. He is willing to do whatever it takes, including forming his own regiment to return to his homeland. He loves the United States, but is politically an independent. At least at the present time...
    ((You do know that the Russo-German War is over... right?))

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by King50000 View Post
    ((I honestly think every President since Williams has been trying to influence Japan, and we still have nothing.))

((You do know that the Russo-German War is over... right?))
    ((The last update said it had just started; where did it say the war was over?))
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

((The last update said it had just started; where did it say the war was over?))
    In the update for Harrison's term. December 25th, 1899.

Also, PM vote for Walsh by LeeroyJenkins.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

In the update for Harrison's term. December 25th, 1899.
    ((This))

((This))
    ((Well, we'll just make him in favor of another war, then ))

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

((BBB, shouldn't we have lost Peru when they went commie? Or did we re-sphere them?

I'm asking because I might possibly want to make it some sort of huge deal that it really isn't next election. ))
    A rebel without a cause.

((A huge deal that it isn't Communist, or a huge deal about it being not a big deal at all?))

((I'm saying I want to make a huge deal out of Peru being commie, and I'm making fun of myself by saying it isn't a big deal and no one even seemed to realize or care until then.))
    A rebel without a cause.

((My platform consisted of sending in the MEF into Peru to push out the commies and make it a democracy again, but did anyone want to listen? Noooooooope, they were too busy with their Messiah, Harrison, to worry about the good ideas Roderick had.))

Ah. My mistake. I forgot we'd lost them. Too busy screaming horrible insults at Chile and the UPCA in Brazil and Colombia to remember Peru was still out.
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!

My Inkwell

((Let's just say I intend for Carr to pull a complete 180 and go from isolationist to Vallejo-style rightist hawk. ))
    A rebel without a cause.

((BBB, can we pleeeeeaaaaase invade Peru to kick the commies out? I need something for being your VP ))

((BBB, can we pleeeeeaaaaase invade Peru to kick the commies out? I need something for being your VP ))
    I don't think there's a war-goal for that. How would you propose we handle it in-game?

My Inkwell

I don't think there's a war-goal for that. How would you propose we handle it in-game?
    ((Puppet, there's a war goal for that right?
    If not, we annex and then release as puppet, all in the same day. It's not as iff we have any infamy to burn preventing us from doing it ))

((Bah. I should never have brought it up. Now my fuel for 1905 is ruined!))
    A rebel without a cause.

+ Reply to Thread