• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What exactly is your platform, Mr. Carter... before I decide to endorse you fully (or possibly rethink my previous move), I want to know more about your policies.
Much like previous ACP candidates, I remain a proponent of impartial foreign policy - where America truly has no direct concerns, she should not intervene, nor she seek to play kingmaker from an ocean away from the Old World. I also believe that the idea of the government interfering with the economy is to tempt fate, and the reactions of other men. While President Harrison's trust-busting has not destroyed the economy, he also had the good sense to deliver some concessions to the men who truly keep this great nation's economy working. Just as the market has no special expertise in the affairs of state, neither does the state have any special expertise in the affairs of economics, and indeed the state can do little else than jeopardize the American Dream for those men like myself, for whom the American Dream, however small the payout was, has still been fulfilled.

Matters of religion are simple - namely, the state has no business with religion, although it is certainly a celebrated part of this nation's history. Similarly, citizenship is a simple matter - every American ought to have a voice in our electoral process.

Militarily, we should not fall complacent. We should keep the the military modern, and able to respond to external threats in a timely manner. However, expansion of the military is unnecessary, and could put more stress on the apparatus of the state than is strictly necessary.

(I believe BBB has masterfully manipulated the uber-large Federalist party, which will most likely be broken up after the next Harrison win).

((Two things
1-May I switch character?
2- Can I play as an extremist nationalist/psuedo-fascist?

((It would probably depend on a nationalist for where. We are past and have already had southern nationalists. All that could be left would be mormans.))
OOC: Just American, "my country right or wrong type". hardcore anti-communist.

OOC: Just American, "my country right or wrong type". hardcore anti-communist.
((If I'm being truthful, I'd say the ACP is the closest thing to the right party for that type of character, to the extent that any of them are - unless you and a few other ultra-nationalists took a party by storm, you'd likely be floating on the fringes...))

((I think all the democrats died. There goes ANOTHER political party.))

((With exception to Hayden's brief stint, there was only really three Dems. Now with the new Hayden as a Federal(?) I think there's only three party members. Still, it's usually no reflection on the general election where we get to see a truly divisive contest.

I'm just glad there's no primaries in my TTL elections. Short and sweet, that's the treat.))

I weigh my support for Rep. Walsh. Though I'd like to see a more secular contrast to Mr Nightmore's ideals.

((With exception to Hayden's brief stint, there was only really three Dems. Now with the new Hayden as a Federal(?) I think there's only three party members. Still, it's usually no reflection on the general election where we get to see a truly divisive contest.

I'm just glad there's no primaries in my TTL elections. Short and sweet, that's the treat.))

I weigh my support for Rep. Walsh. Though I'd like to see a more secular contrast to Mr Nightmore's ideals.

((There's Lyly and Rogov as well.))

I thank you for your vote Mr. Harper. I do believe in separation of church and state, but I also believe all men were created equal, and are entitled to their religious beliefs.

((Actually, I'm still around, but I have no interest in splitting the vote between the Federalists and the Democrats, so I'm considering voting for President Harrison.))

OOC: BBB, who do we have in our SoI?

Colombia, Philippines, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and Cuba.

Brazil recently got Chiled, and Mexico's been the UPCA's territory since Bridgeworthy.

All the progress in this nation the last few years has come from the Democrats. Even Harrison rode to the presidency on Hayden's back. Even if Harrison indeed has been a great president, one should not forget that the Democratic Party is the Party that stand for the ideals of Worker's rights and equality. We are so close to the perfect society, so close to achieve Paradise on Earth.
Vote Democrat for democracy, equality and freedom! Vote Nightmore for achieving a Land of Milk and Honey, a New Economy for a New Century.