• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I totally give my support to Mr.Carter in this primary elections. I am totally sure that the party will get a positive result with him, and our great nation will benefict in large scale with him as president. We shall now work to help him in this journey, and give all the possible support.

Mark Lanheim
Georgia Representative - Conservative Party

(When is the voting?)

Last edited:
I totally give my support to Mr.Carter in this primary elections. I am totally sure that the party will get a positive result with him, and our great nation will benefict in large scale with him as president. We shall now work to help him on this jorney, and give all the possible support.

Mark Lanheim
Georgia Representative - Conservative Party

(When is the voting?)

((You don't need to vote in the primaries as there is only one candidate for your party, however, the General elections should be in a couple days.))

What exactly is your platform, Mr. Carter... before I decide to endorse you fully (or possibly rethink my previous move), I want to know more about your policies.

"My fellow Americans! The future is ours. We are marching forward on a path of progress, that must continue. Therefor a vote for the Democrats and indeed for a Nightmore presidency is the clear path forward. The road to equality is open. A Land of Milk and Honey awaits us! The criminals are running out of their arsenal, and we shall not give them breathing room to rearm. Once they thought to break us through a recession, but as God himself can witness, the people wouldn't allow it. Instead we rose up and elected good men to the presidency who stood up to the Titans of the Devil, and fought them. The Monopolies are gone and will not come back. More reforms are on their way. We will break the last forts of Evil, and march to Paradise! Vote Nightmore, the President for the new century!

Name: Charles Grinner
Born: 1868
Party: Federal
Congressman from Illinois
Description: A sometimes confused individual Charles is at heart a believer in big government. On foreign policy he believes America should be involved in the world as befitting its status.

I'd like to hear Congressman Walsh's platform before I vote.

I believe that all men were created equal and we should pursue policies of Pluralism and Full Citizenship. I believe that America needs a strong military, but that does not mean a jingoist foreign policy for the sake of an American Empire. I believe if a factory goes bust, it is the government's responsibility to make sure it's workers can find employment elsewhere and should be able to build factories and also to use subsidies as a stop-gap measure. These people pay their taxes. They deserve for the government to look after them.

Me, as representative from Georgia in the congress, would like to ask the president to inform the congress about the health and education situation in our country.

Mark Lanheim
Georgia representative - Conservative Party

And the President is happy to oblige.

Due in most part to educational reforms enacted during Mr. Mandrake's term, public education is provided for free up until the age of 16 in all states. Recently however, the Mandrake System has been replaced in many New England and California school districts with new systems. As there is still officially no federal standard for education, these new systems have gone unchallenged by the Mandrake system. This is in my opinion, a good thing, as innovation is the engine that drives America forward. If a national system were to be implemented, I believe it should be subjected to review every five to ten years. Colleges and Universities continue to be largely operated as private enterprises. States such as Massachusetts and Illinois have public facilities, but most Americans must pay to study over 16.
In any case, Americans are the most educated people in the world. No nation has so thoroughly placed its children through school. In Paris or Berlin, a common man who has gone to school for more than four years is a curiosity, in America it is the norm. All in all, things are great for education.

Healthcare is where we truly shine. What private enterprise does not provide, the public sector surely will. The health reforms of Misters Cameron and Jamous have placed every taxpayer in the realm of free healthcare. However, due to the inefficiency and sometimes poorer quality of public healthcare, given the money, most people will still go to the private sector. Indeed, the private sector continues to treat more patients in our nation due to its lack of cumbersome bureaucracy. While a patient will wait three hours for help in public, in private they will be rushed to help in an hour or less. This is a sad reality, and one which I intend to act on should I be afforded reelection.

((It would seem our US in 1900 is better in welfare terms than the real life US of today, kind of depressing.))

((It would seem our US in 1900 is better in welfare terms than the real life US of today, kind of depressing.))

((Depends on your stance on welfare I guess. Of course, public healthcare TTL is currently inefficient enough for people of all classes to prefer paying private than suffering the red tape of public.

A vote or two in the Democratic Primary would be helpful)).

I would like to announce that Roderick Khur will be my running mate in 1901. With his support, I hope to mend the battered soul of the Federal Party, and offer an olive branch to people on both sides of the political spectrum.

This is true. I must say that though my position was previously staunchly anti-anti-trust, we cannot argue with the results seen in the economy so far. I believe that our fractured Federal Party must be mended, and our ticket, Harrison-Khur, will do so. We are not a "Federal-Democratic" or "American Conservative-Federal" ticket but a unified Federal ticket. I would like to say that we are not strickly anti-trust, but a slowing down of what has thus far been achieved. The battles we have seen so far between the various monopolies and the trust-busters have been both long and strenuous, and slowing down a bit will ensure not only allow our administration to concentrate on important issues that have been bipassed, but to also watch the economy more closely to see what exactly these busts have done so far. The economies have shown improvement, that is a fact, but we must ensure that continuing willl continue to improve, rather than ruin.

-Roderick Khur

((That ok BBB?))

First of all, i really apreciate the president quick answer to my question. Now, i'm seing that we still have a lot of work to do on education and health care services.
I think the actual healthcare model really doesn't serve nobody. People who use the public hospital get a bad care and that's something that cant happen. Maybe a good option is to stimulate the private healthcare projects in every states, and then, the government pays a % of the total expense for each person. Doing this we stimulate the private investiment and we endorse our efforts to provide a global and good healthcare to our people.

Mark Lanheim
Georgia representative - Conservative Party