• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also endorse Garrett. He is a solid candidate, a supporter of non-intervention, laissez-faire, and constitutionalism.

Myself, and the Revolutionary Workers' Party will be placing our support and votes behind Mr. Hayden for this election.

Aside from that, we will be forming a union. The Revolutionary General Worker's Union. It's a union for all worker's of the United States. The union will fight for the worker, defend all gains, and stop at nothing to acquire better working conditions!

I no longer sweat to earn my keep, as you put it, but I did. Need I remind you I put my life on the line - not as an officer, but as a common soldier - to keep this country whole?

Of course you do work, but can you really say it is anywhere near the amount your employees do? And how is your livelihood on the line? They can't always find a job, as the owner of Norfolk Shipping Company says. And even if they could, surely you could get a job as well if your company went bust?

I did my own military service as well, perhaps not in the army, but in the navy.

Do I work as long as my employees do? Certainly. Perhaps longer. When they go home for the evening, they no longer think about their jobs. I do every waking hour. If my business were to fail, I might find another job, that is true. However, I would also be nearly bankrupt, given the amount of time, energy, and money I have poured into my company.

I for one support Joe Hayden for the Democratic nomination.

Need be I must remind my fellow members of the American Conservative Party I have seen the division caused by the Regionalism issue, and have thus changed my ways. The United States of America needs LESS government, not more. Furthermore, the idea of slapping me with the "Lost Cause" tag is nothing more than an underhanded attack on my status as the Mayor of the Confederacy's former capital. I am an American first and foremost, but I am also a man of the South. A section of the country that has long held up its own culture and customs. Why should I be treated different for being patriotic of my native state? Would a man from Connecticut undergo the same scrutiny as I?

In this country, all men were created equal. I see no reason why I, just for my location of birth, should be discriminated against for wanting to tear this country apart once again. The Untied States stands as one nation, firm and true to her founding ideals of Union and Liberty. Richmond, Virginia is one of the few Southern cities that allows universal male suffrage without special laws passed against it. Under a Hensdale administration in the White House, the South will be forced to offer equal rights to all its citizens. The virtue of Civil Liberties for all Men is an ideal I will NEVER part from.

David Hensdale
Mayor of Richmond

Federal nomination: Joseph Walker.

((And the recap is updated up to Davis' presidency [there's not much yet to say about these primaries yet])

I did my own military service as well, perhaps not in the army, but in the navy.

Do I work as long as my employees do? Certainly. Perhaps longer. When they go home for the evening, they no longer think about their jobs. I do every waking hour. If my business were to fail, I might find another job, that is true. However, I would also be nearly bankrupt, given the amount of time, energy, and money I have poured into my company.

And they would not be nearly bankrupt, they would be bankrupt. And I did not ask if you workerd for longer than your enployees, I asked if you worked harder than your employees. But if you wish to play it that way, how much do you earn for each hour of work, compared to your employees?

On your military service in the navy, may I ask which war you fought in? As far as I remembr, during your period in the navy, 1854-1870 if my sourcs are correct, there was only one war at sea, the American Civil War, which generally all you had to do was sit around in ships blockadig a Confederate port.

And they would not be nearly bankrupt, they would be bankrupt. And I did not ask if you workerd for longer than your enployees, I asked if you worked harder than your employees. But if you wish to play it that way, how much do you earn for each hour of work, compared to your employees?

On your military service in the navy, may I ask which war you fought in? As far as I remembr, during your period in the navy, 1854-1870 if my sourcs are correct, there was only one war at sea, the American Civil War, which generally all you had to do was sit around in ships blockadig a Confederate port.

Senator, I'm not quite sure what you wish to me say. To use your favorite analogy, the military, does not a general make more than a private? Do doctors not make more than interns? There is nothing criminal about that. It is called "opportunity cost." I could probably teach a man -- and have done so, on occasion -- to weld a steel plate to a ship in a few hours. That does not entitle him to run the company. It entitles him to make a ship. Running a company successfully is incredibly difficult; far more so than welding. That is why I receive a higher salary. Are their jobs physically more demanding? Yes, they are.

I did indeed serve during the Civil War, and I congratulate you on fine sources. The blockade of the South was an important part of the Union victory. I may not have faced down Rebel troops in combat, or slept in the trenches. That doesn't mean my service was any less valuable.

Callin' it.

Polls are closed.

Candidates are:
Federal: Joseph Walker
ACP: Andrew Garrett
Democratic: Joe Hayden

Get me party pics (not mandatory) and platforms.

Mr. Hayden what are your policies regarding taxes on the middle class and farmers?

My policies are the same as they've always been. Favor the farmers and working-men against the robber barons.

I shall again take Senator George Walsh as my Vice President.

A Square Deal

- Though the reforms passed under the Vallejo administration are commendable, what is necessary is to create a national board through which all industrial relations may be conducted, at which both employers and workers will be represented and where standards can be set for labor across the country.

- We must encourage the development of democratic governance throughout the world via the Commonwealth and propose that only sufficiently democratic countries may be accepted into the Commonwealth in the future.

- We must develop a good neighbor policy in the Western Hemisphere in order to best utilize our influence. This entails encouraging democracy, but also refraining from meddling in the democratic processes of countries.

- We must develop a nuanced trade policy which places tariffs only in critical areas so that we ensure that the American economy is self sufficient and the working-class have jobs available to them.

- As my warnings from last election went unheeded and we are now in a recession, I propose a bank holiday to prevent further runs on banks, the establishment of Federal Insurance for deposits in banks so long as the banks maintain certain reserve levels, the establishment of a commission to oversee Wall Street and prevent unfounded speculation from destroying our economy once again, and a series of public works projects to bring trains, roads, and other modern amenities to the furthest reaches of the American hinterland.

- We must create a legal framework within which the workers' right to withhold labor is guaranteed and which prevents the violent suppression of peaceful labor movements.

- We must esnure that all those seeking to partake of the American life shall have an equal opportunity, regardless of home country, religion, or any other artificial divisions.

- We must allow our currency to be backed by silver, in order to allow easy money to the small farmers of the prairie.

- Each and every veteran of the United States Armed Forces deserves a Square Deal as well. All veterans shall receive healthcare on behalf of the government for life and shall be entitled to a free education at any university or technical school to which they have been accepted.

((Pro-Military - Secularism - Protectionism - Interventionism - Full Citizenship))

I'd like to thank the fellow members of the American Conservative Party for voting me an opportunity to run for President. I would like to ask Congressman Jarvis to be my running mate, as he has been one of my staunchest supporters.

Here is my platform:

Trade: Free Trade. We should not cut off ties to the rest of the world while we are repairing our economy. I would be willing to support a very modest tariff -- 5% -- to help us through these troubling times.

Economic: Laissez-Faire. Increasing the cost of doing business by adding regulations or allowing the government to pick winners and losers will only exacerbate our current crisis. I support a 5% tax cut across the board, with an additional 5% to the poorest citizens if we can do so with a balanced budget.

Military Policy: Pro-Military. I will only cut the military if absolutely necessary for a balanced budget; I will not expand the military, but would consider modernizing it, particularly if it could save us some money.

Citizenship: Full Citizenship. Every American is entitled to a voice in the democratic process.

Religious: Secularism. Religion has no place in politics.

Foreign Policy: No American soldier will fire the first shot under my administration. We will defend our home, but we will not expand aggressively. Diplomacy will always be our first resort.

The best way to get out of this financial crisis is to investigate the causes, and then sensibly promote a plan of legislation to reduce the chances of this catastrophe from occurring again. We can never be entirely rid of boom and bust cycles in capitalism, but we can make the busts manageable. I would appoint a tripartisan committee, from all financial backgrounds, to address this.

Let us not make these trying times worse by panicking, or instituting hysterical measures that will only lead to further ruin.

One final comment: I do not support President Davis's plan of regionalism. I do not see the ACP as a party for those who were dissatisfied with the outcome of the Civil War. I welcome participation from any region of the country. The ACP is a party for order, for reason, for making sure that America is great and remains great for now and all time. Remember, change is not reform. I am all for fixing our country's ills, but only after careful study and honest debate.

Thank you, and good night.

((I can't really think of a picture that works -- in terms of policies, I consider Garrett to be quite similar to Calvin Coolidge, so you can choose him if you like.))