• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whig:Vinograd
Merger: No
Miltias: Never

Not meaning to be rude, but it'd be really nice if in one interactive AAR you weren't a fire-breathing radical.

Edit: ((As a military expert, in the case of small arms militia usually use thier own weopans, so what you are asking for is the federal government to requisition everyones firearms. That is almost as ludicrous as President King Saying that private citizens should be allowed to own cannon))

((At least there's someone worse than me in the scale of ludicrous, thank you very much :p
Now, where did I leave my cannons?))

((howdy i've been really busy at school and this seems to have run away on me..whats been going on since the 1936 election i really don't have the stomach to read that much))

Adam Colins: Head of Oregon State Millita

I've read the Millita Act and Davis Compromise..i assume the two are still up for voting. Can someone explain how both will effect me and the people i protect?

Colonel Thomas Jonathan L. Davies ((Projekt 919)) proposed the 'Davis Compromise' after the referendum voted for Texas to become a free state. He then used the publicity he got from this to launch a new Southern Nationalist Party with Nicholas Khur, which has a policy basically along the lines of 'stop the civil war by making the south so strong the north'll never dare to secede'. Because of the reduced Democrat membership there is now a referendum on whether to merge the Whigs and Democrats. When the merger passes either Thomas McAttack (Attack77) or John F. Cameron (mikeboy) will run as the presidential candidate, the other as vp, President King being rather unpopular. Mr Cameron has also been cooperating with davies on a joint Militias Bill, much to the consternation Ceaser Vinograd ((Red Cesar)), a Radical whig.

Colonel Thomas Jonathan L. Davies ((Projekt 919)) proposed the 'Davis Compromise' after the referendum voted for Texas to become a free state. He then used the publicity he got from this to launch a new Southern Nationalist Party with Nicholas Khur, which has a policy basically along the lines of 'stop the civil war by making the south so strong the north'll never dare to secede'. Because of the reduced Democrat membership there is now a referendum on whether to merge the Whigs and Democrats. When the merger passes either Thomas McAttack (Attack77) or John F. Cameron (mikeboy) will run as the presidential candidate, the other as vp, President King being rather unpopular. Mr Cameron has also been cooperating with davies on a joint Militias Bill, much to the consternation Ceaser Vinograd ((Red Cesar)), a Radical whig.

thank you kindly sir. so Texas is free as of this moment?
who won the election of 1936?

Why are the two parties merging?

I apologise for my ignorance news is very slow to travel to the forests of Oregon and i rarely have time to read the paper. what news is there on the addition of Oregon and Washington to the Union?

And Vinograd hasn't put forward why he's opposed to it, I'm very confused as to what he'd have against it when the SNP, the natural opponents of such a bill, is willing enough to present it with me?

((The Davis Compromise passed, the Militia Bill hasn't started voting yet.))

And Vinograd hasn't put forward why he's opposed to it, I'm very confused as to what he'd have against it when the SNP, the natural opponents of such a bill, is willing enough to present it with me?

((The Davis Compromise passed, the Militia Bill hasn't started voting yet.))

i read the millita bill and does this apply to states in the union now and forever or only the states present now?

States, present and future, and Territories are considered the same for the purpose of the legislation.

((The two parties are mergeing essentially because the moderate Whigs and moderate Democrats have more in common than the extreme former Democrats (now the SNP) and the radical Whigs (led by King)))

i read the millita bill and does this apply to states in the union now and forever or only the states present now?

Arthur King was President of the Republic between 1837 and 1841.

Texas was a free state between 1837 and 1841, but will become a slave state on January 20th. In return, the territories north of Kansas will become free.

Oregon and Washington have both been recognized as part of the Union.

For a more detailed rundown of King's term, check the chapter labeled King in the contents (first) post.

I hope that helped Mr. Colins.

Arthur King was President of the Republic between 1837 and 1841.

Texas was a free state between 1837 and 1841, but will become a slave state on January 20th. In return, the territories north of Kansas will become free.

Oregon and Washington have both been recognized as part of the Union.

For a more detailed rundown of King's term, check the chapter labeled King in the contents (first) post.

I hope that helped Mr. Colins.

Much obliged sir this helped greatly. It appears to have slipped my mind but what is the year?
I am glad that Oregon is finally where it belongs, as part of the Union. When does the voting for the Militia bill begin.

Much obliged sir this helped greatly. It appears to have slipped my mind but what is the year?
I am glad that Oregon is finally where it belongs, as part of the Union. When does the voting for the Militia bill begin.

The date in-story is December 1840, but in-game is January 19th 1841. The Militia Bill goes to the vote in conjunction with the Presidential Election.

The date in-story is December 1840, but in-game is January 19th 1841. The Militia Bill goes to the vote in conjunction with the Presidential Election.

ah right. Well then in that case i'll hold my tongue on the matter and wait until the voting begins.
((out of curiosity what's the picture looking like at an international level?)

ah right. Well then in that case i'll hold my tongue on the matter and wait until the voting begins.
((out of curiosity what's the picture looking like at an international level?)

British Colonizing Canada and terrorizing India/Burma/China. Austrians getting beaten to a bloody pulp by Prussians. Frenchmen/Ottomans beating on helpless Algerian/Tunisian/Tripolite(is that what people from Tripoli are?) natives. Russia sitting there, being a big lumbering idiot.

British Colonizing Canada and terrorizing India/Burma/China. Austrians getting beaten to a bloody pulp by Prussians. Frenchmen/Ottomans beating on helpless Algerian/Tunisian/Tripolite(is that what people from Tripoli are?) natives. Russia sitting there, being a big lumbering idiot.

((Ethnically they're Berbers or Arab/Arab-Berber. But I'm not sure what you'd call them as a nation because nowadays they're Libyans. Can I request ~1850 you write a more in-depth covering of the international situation and other things not covered so far?))

((Probably during the presidential vote but it is up to BBB. It's almost certain to pass considering only Cesar is really opposing it. Perhaps this bill will prove my parties commitment to preserving the union. Also, I would describe my party more as a southern way to preserve the union than a 'party that aims to make the south so strong the north will never dare secede' Essentially I want to create a 'South for the Southerners' within the union. And I forgot, where are you politically? If your a democrat my party is always willing to accept non-southern members and Mr. Khur, who is a northerner, is the head of the party militia))

((Ethnically they're Berbers or Arab/Arab-Berber. But I'm not sure what you'd call them as a nation because nowadays they're Libyans. Can I request ~1850 you write a more in-depth covering of the international situation and other things not covered so far?))

That can be done.

((Probably during the presidential vote but it is up to BBB. It's almost certain to pass considering only Cesar is really opposing it. Perhaps this bill will prove my parties commitment to preserving the union. Also, I would describe my party more as a southern way to preserve the union than a 'party that aims to make the south so strong the north will never dare secede' Essentially I want to create a 'South for the Southerners' within the union. And I forgot, where are you politically? If your a democrat my party is always willing to accept non-southern members and Mr. Khur, who is a northerner, is the head of the party militia))

I claimed to be Whig at the beginning however i now stand with a firm whatever is good for Oregon and good for the union. If I believe that Millita's are becoming a threat and are looking more like private armies then I will vote to curb their power, if industry has grown unethical I will vote to curb that. Voting along party lines has become somewhat blurred for me as i agree with aspects of both parties.
I sympathise with the plight of the south in the decline of the cotton industry and also the threat and strain place upon it's way of life. However in Oregon we have never had slaves so far as I can remember, and also at heart I am a man from Massachusetts, slavery is as alien to me as flying, I cannot claim to be feeling the pressures of the southern populace are. As I said i sympathise yet I shall vote for whatever I feel is best for America not north or south, Dixie or yank, Whig or Democrat.