• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((And I don't understand how my opinion on Cuba is so harsh. I'm the only Federal candidate calling for there to not be an invasion, that other stuff is Plan B if diplomatic talks break down. Pretty much Roderick's entire policy is Jamous' :p))

To the fix-machine!

Mr. Walsh, as I have stated before, and in what you quoted, with that nine-hundred dollars, they can invest in the economy, create jobs, increase wages, etc., as Mr. Howard, my children, and every other industrialist has done. Not only that, how is ti fair for one man to pay 30% and another 15%?

As for tariffs, I can agree with you to a point; however, we do import certain foodstuffs, and with the lower taxes, the farmer can invest more of his money into food production, thereby increasing his output, but not his profits, for his domestic price might, and hopefully will, fall, but he will be able to export his surplus to other markets, such as India, Africa, South America, and any nation that suffers from famine.

Further, a tariff reduction will lower the costs on the American people who buy foreign goods, which means they spend less, and have more money to invest, innovate, produce, or what have you.

((And BBB, you say Bridgeworthy, born 1836, is youngest, but Khur was born in 1842; oh and I think Hensdale was older than me))

How is it fair that a man who earns a hundred dollars pays fifteen in tax and a man who earns a thousand pays three hundred? The first man has eighty-five dollars, the second seven hundred. If you think the other three hundred he's paying would be invested in industry other wise for most capitalists, you're mistaken. There's only so much investing to be done.

In newspapers all over America

Police and FBI arrest prominent Anarchists in Illinois

6 members of the Anarcho- Vinogradist group have been arrested near Astoria, Illinois. They are believed to be key members of the group. The arrest was conducted by FBI officers aided by local law enforcement. The house they hid in was filled with rifles, and local witnesses claims said rifles were purchased recently at local guns stores. The FBI believe the Anarchists were planning a new wave of terror during the election season. In the hideout law enforcement found a list of names of local mayors and senior judges. The FBI believe said list could have been a list of persons they would attempt to assassinate. With 6 of the most prominent Anarchist behind bars the rest of the movement will lack leadership, and probably be easier to find and bring to justice.

((I'm bored with my old character; I think I'll make a new one!))

Character: Andrew Garrett
Born: 1840

Andrew Garrett owns the largest shipping company in Norfolk, Virginia. Garrett, lying about his age, ran away from home and joined the navy at 14. After attaining the rank of Captain, he retired from the navy at the age of 30. Upon the death of his wealthy father, Garrett purchased the Norfolk Shipping Company with his inheritance. He plans to use his wealth and knowledge of business administration in the realm of politics, pragmatically seeking government contract work for his shipyard but also to make sure that the political climate stays friendly for businessmen.

Thank you for your support Mr.Carr; hopefully, my administration will be able to lead America through these turbulent times, steadily advancing through war and famine, tyranny and oppression, unscarred and immaculate.

As for you, Mr. Walsh, I do believe that it is fair; and I did not only say investing, I referred to charities, more hiring, raising salaries. Investing in American and foreign business is only an added bonus from my tax policies.

As you can see, this administration is taking the threat of the Anarchists seriously. We hope for negotiations, we pray for peace, and strive for discourse, but the Mandrake administration, and mine, if elected, will use force, if forced to.

And welcome, Mr. Garrett, I am happy to see another businessman around here. Also, I do believe we could possibly be related ((I do have Garrett's in my family!)). Perhaps shipping is in our blood?

Callahan

I Humbly Request to become Chairman Callahan's VP

Jarvis is the only clear choice, in my eyes. Mr. Vice President, it may well be that we are distantly related, but I assure you, it is not familial ties that convince me to consider you. I am wary of the excessive government interference that Mr. Rutledge proposes. I would offer my company's services to any candidate that seeks to expand the navy; I have personal experience aboard Navy craft and I've hired the best and brightest engineers this country (or any other) has to offer.

((In all reality, I'm much closer, nationality-wise, to my last character than this one :)))

Since my administration is planning on either upgrading or continuing the expansion policy of Mandrake, you may very well find yourself with a government contract. I am happy that it is your agreement with my policies, and not our kinship, that led you to for me.

((Yeah, King, Callahan might lose; though I'd hate to see Callahan win, so I'm hoping Callahan can pull through and beat Callahan:p))

Ermm... Why does the party with only one candidate have more votes cast than the Federals who have 3? :confused:

((He was Ukrainian, wasn't he?))

((Yeah; I'm an American, but my great-grandparents are from Eastern Ukraine, although they'd consider themselves Russian, I bet))

Ermm... Why does the party with only one candidate have more votes cast than the Federals who have 3? :confused:

((Possibly because all their members are running?))

((Who would want to be Russian, anyway... Putin scares me...))

((I am giving the West/Mid-West a chance... A chance to vote for me! But seriously, I don't know of any other members. Of course, I could have just overlooked them))