• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(It is slightly less well known that President Jamous resigned out of controversy regarding proof of his infanticidal habits)

Are there really no New Democratic presidential nominees?

(It is slightly less well known that President Jamous resigned out of controversy regarding proof of his infanticidal habits)

Are there really no New Democratic presidential nominees?

Not by my count.

Am I going to be forced to disband a victorious party?

Not by my count.

((No, not at all. The majority of ND usualy come on later in my day, 14:33 right now. If no one has posted their intent in say 2 hours, then just put me back in the race. We'll put it as Jamous not wishing to see the widely known infanticidal habits of Bachmann in the White House))

Not by my count.

((Let it sit for today, and if no one else puts their hat in, dissolve the party, but allow it to pop up again if someone wants to restructure it. Thats just my two roubles.))

((No, not at all. The majority of ND usualy come on later in my day, 14:33 right now. If no one has posted their intent in say 2 hours, then just put me back in the race. We'll put it as Jamous not wishing to see the widely known infanticidal habits of Bachmann in the White House))

((Didn't want people to miss this so I bumped back here))

((Man, we're crazy as always.))

((Brief History has been updated up to Jamous' term. I've also added a list of political parties and movements so newcomers might be less confused if the brief history or someone on the thread starts talking about "Cameronites" or "Vinogradists". I'm really not that up to speed with the various Vinogradist groups, however, so I could use some help with that))

(We could always form the New New Democrats (Democrats New^2))

(King: Takes one to know one. Oh wait... ;-))

We might need to consider some kind of restructuring of the parties. Maybe define what exactly the core goals of each party is, and restart the role-play from there? Not my call obviously, but maybe, BBB, a little bit more structure is needed?

(We could always form the New New Democrats (Democrats New^2))

(King: Takes one to know one. Oh wait... ;-))

We might need to consider some kind of restructuring of the parties. Maybe define what exactly the core goals of each party is, and restart the role-play from there? Not my call obviously, but maybe, BBB, a little bit more structure is needed?

((I kinda agree with this. The parties are a bit broad and members seem to be able to do whatever they want as long as it will win them the election.))

I hear your calls, and so, I will define the parties' current policies in an upcoming post.

((I will stand if you don't want to king. If you want to move away from politics I will stand to make sure the ND doesent disappear. However I would really rather not stand.))

Last edited:
Elipious Arms, Weapons contract

I present before you an arms contract. Everything is negotiable. The rifle may be able to be modified if it is found nesisary.

-Elipious arms will supply the military with 15-25% of it's rifle needs.
-Elipious Arms will supply the military with the new Elipious-1 repeating rifle.
-This contract shall last for 10 years.

Elipious-1 repeating rifle specs:

Weight -9.5lb (4.3kg)
Length -49.3in (125.2cm)
Barrel length -30in (76.2cm)
Calibre - .44
Action - Lever action
Feed system -16 round tube magazine
Price - $30.50

I leave this proposal to be considered by the military, senate or both.

The Parties

Republican:

Economy: Laissez Faire. The government should stay out of the economy. Workers have all the rights they really need. Government pensions and a (very) low minimum wage can be discussed, but any expansion of current reforms is out of the question. The current government funds:expenditure ratio is small enough anyway.

Federal Power: The federal government is the highest authority in the nation. The states gave DC authority over them in perpetuity when they joined the union. That authority however, is only to be used when it is deemed necessary. The government has the right to arrest people who threaten the federal government, such as Vandrove.

Foreign Policy: America is a safe haven of democracy and liberty. It is the duty of the United States to protect that safe haven from external and internal threats at any cost, even if it means war.

New Democrat:

Economy: Interventionist. The government should do what is necessary to protect the national and/or global economy from collapse in extreme circumstances. Otherwise, minor subsidies for struggling industries or corporations are in order. Their stance on workers' rights is similar to the Republican one, but more flexible on government pensions.

Federal Power: Similar to the Republican stance, but less inclined to arrest potential troublemakers.

Foreign Policy: America is not just a haven of liberty, it is its harbinger. It is the American Mission to promote and protect democracy. To complete that mission, the United States should use any means necessary. Even war might be used as a last resort.

Libertarian:

Economic: Heavily Interventionist. Major subsidies. The workers have rights, but not enough of them are protected by law. The Libertarians push for pensions, minimum wages and expansions of current reforms. Stock reform, monopoly-bashing and hard actions on cartels are all on the agenda.

Federal Power: The party is slowly busting at the seams on this. The part of the party that believed in minimal federal involvement has slowly left for the Republicans and New Democrats since the formation of the party, as the Social Unionists and Marxist/National-Vinogradists have completely hijacked the party. This is the party everyone else fears will turn the country into a communist dictatorship. That should give you an idea on their view of federal power. Unfortunately, the remaining three branches of the party can't agree either.

Foreign Policy: First comes revolutionary success in America, then the world.

If you want me to add stances for clarity. Tell me.

Last edited:
((The party descriptions look good. I hope Jamous stays on to run for reelection. Not sure why he is backing out of the race. He rescinded the arrest warrant Vandrove was under during the Williams Administration, nothing wrong with calling him out for that.))

((My vision of the Republican Party's foreign policy is a little more isolationist, I think, but I'll keep my mouth shut since I'm not running this term :D))

Hey, not really that fair. I'm still a part of the Libertarian Party, and I don't favour a dictatorship. That being said, our party is probably the most diverse, although united by the will to fight for the rights of the little man, which all other parties seem to neglect. A Libertarian vote is a vote for an equal society.

Hey, not really that fair. I'm still a part of the Libertarian Party, and I don't favour a dictatorship. That being said, our party is probably the most diverse, although united by the will to fight for the rights of the little man, which all other parties seem to neglect. A Libertarian vote is a vote for an equal society.

I didn't say you do. I said most everybody else fears you do, and parts of your party (which is so diverse) probably do favor a dictatorship of the proletariat.

And atomicsoda's right in that the Republicans are more isolationist than the ND. The ND believes that wars should be fought to bring democracy to the oppressed, while the Republicans would only fight to preserve American democracy.