• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, President Hayden. May you never forget that the United States of America are not only the rich northern states with industry and big cities, but also the farmlands of the South.

Let us hope he does not forget that the South is not just farmland, but many large industrial zones can be found there as well.

-Roderick Khur

Congratulations, President Hayden. May you never forget that the United States of America are not only the rich northern states with industry and big cities, but also the farmlands of the South.

I should hope not! I count a good friend and Texan amongst my greatest advisors on agricultural policy. The farmer and laborer of equal parts responsible for any and all luxury in our nation. For they produce the food surpluses and export products which make our nation the envy of the world!

To Senator Khur, I say that my assertion was not a universal rule, merely a generality. In general, the tyrants of industry are descendants of American "nobility".

((Now, this is completely off the current election results and whatnot - but I was just harking back to the old Antebellum updates and trying to match our characters to OTLs characters. Surprisingly enough, we came eerily similar, almost to the T, of antebellum Congressional politics. I've noticed instances of all the Congressional Giants (Clay, Webster, Calhoun), and the Whig's Warrior-Presidents (Harrison, Taylor) So, to end my random off-topic spurt, capital showing everyone.))

((Now, this is completely off the current election results and whatnot - but I was just harking back to the old Antebellum updates and trying to match our characters to OTLs characters. Surprisingly enough, we came eerily similar, almost to the T, of antebellum Congressional politics. I've noticed instances of all the Congressional Giants (Clay, Webster, Calhoun), and the Whig's Warrior-Presidents (Harrison, Taylor) So, to end my random off-topic spurt, capital showing everyone.))

((I'm very interested about this... what similarities (policies, personalities) have you found, dear California Imperialist?))

((May I ask who you've equated to Cameron and Glynn? I know Glynn isn't antebellum but if you do have someone.))

The victory of Hayden casts a dark shadow over these United States. One can only hope that we can best maintain the rights of the people of America without holding the Oval Office. I must also say however that I think we the ACP and our allies in the Federal Party made a respectable showing and would like to thank everyone who assisted me on the campaign. God bless you all.

Last edited:
(Yeah, I am curious to see an analysis of our antebellum politics, it was really an interesting time in this AAR.)

We can only hope, Mr. Orleans, to negotiate with Hayden and Harrison, to make sure their policies are limited only to the truly harmful monopolies.

((John Hensdale - He has John C. Calhoun written all over him. Both of them held radical beliefs early on, Nullification for Calhoun and SNP for Hensdale, but near the end, displayed great lengths and huge calls to keep the Union together. Calhoun's time was in the 1850 Debates about the Compromise, with Hensdale teaming up with Brass to run for the Presidency.

Thomas J.L. Davis - Not much of a man, more of the personification and manifestation of the "Fire Eaters" at the time. Davis was remarkable in steering the emotions of the South towards sectionalism, which caused the creation of the SNP - and the very early split of National parties to Regional parties (In OTL it was time and all the Fire Eaters that did this, in TTL we have Davis.

Nicholas Khur - Although expanding into the Civil War, Khur reminds me most of William Tecumseh Sherman. Both born in the North, living in the South by the time war breaks out, they migrate North to engage in actives against the South in order to preserve the Union.

John F. Cameron - A hard one to place, for sure - but President Cameron holds his places as James K. Polk. Cameron and Polk, in a sense, both brought Texan Slavery to the United States. Both presidents also oversaw the Mexican-American war - and the Mexican cession along with it. Where Polk failed, Cameron succeeded by winning another term, generally keeping the nation pleased with themselves, and avoiding the big boiling pit that was the Slavery Debate.

Jeremiah Brass - Now this would be based widely on speculation of course, but I'd give Brass the benefit of being President Taylor. Staunchly against compromise and unwilling to allow concessions, Brass's mentality closely reflects what President Taylor would have done given the situation. Unfortunately for the SNM at the time, President Brass did not die randomly like Taylor did during the 1850 Compromise.

Jeremiah Williams - Although logically tied to the 16th President, Jeremiah Williams more closely represents a manifestation of the Radical Republicans. Before the Civil War both Williams and the Republicans wished to enter into compromise, to a degree, about the slavery issue. However, once the Civil War broke out - both Williams and Republicans took a sharp curve towards emancipation and the destruction of the South country. Williams is an example of how OTLs 1860s Congress would have won the war and entered into Reconstruction.

I'll update this as I get more time.))

Last edited:
((Did Sebastian Carr remind you of anyone? There's no one that I can think of (especially because of my absence during the Mexican-American War) that would really fit him, but you might have different thoughts. It'd be interesting if there was anyone he could equate to!))

((I never really related Polk and Cameron, primarily because Polk was unpopular whereas Cameron is still probably the most popular President of the AAR.))

((Really Intresting analysis overall, very good :). Although I am obliged to mention that you got old T.J.L. Davis' middle names backwards :rolleyes:.))

((I like how T.J.L. Davis was an Idea....................hmmmm............................"There once was a dream that was the south, and in TTL it was called T.J.L. Davis" :p))

((John Hensdale - He has John C. Calhoun written all over him. Both of them held radical beliefs early on, Nullification for Calhoun and SNP for Hensdale, but near the end, displayed great lengths and huge calls to keep the Union together. Calhoun's time was in the 1850 Debates about the Compromise, with Hensdale teaming up with Brass to run for the Presidency.

Thomas L.J. Davis - Not much of a man, more of the personification and manifestation of the "Fire Eaters" at the time. Davis was remarkable in steering the emotions of the South towards sectionalism, which caused the creation of the SNP - and the very early split of National parties to Regional parties (In OTL it was time and all the Fire Eaters that did this, in TTL we have Davis.

Nicholas Khur - Although expanding into the Civil War, Khur reminds me most of William Tecumseh Sherman. Both born in the North, living in the South by the time war breaks out, they migrate North to engage in actives against the South in order to preserve the Union.

John F. Cameron - A hard one to place, for sure - but President Cameron holds his places as James K. Polk. Cameron and Polk, in a sense, both brought Texan Slavery to the United States. Both presidents also oversaw the Mexican-American war - and the Mexican cession along with it. Where Polk failed, Cameron succeeded by winning another term, generally keeping the nation pleased with themselves, and avoiding the big boiling pit that was the Slavery Debate.

Jeremiah Brass - Now this would be based widely on speculation of course, but I'd give Brass the benefit of being President Taylor. Staunchly against compromise and unwilling to allow concessions, Brass's mentality closely reflects what President Taylor would have done given the situation. Unfortunately for the SNM at the time, President Brass did not die randomly like Taylor did during the 1850 Compromise.

I'll update this as I get more time.))

Jeremiah Williams - Abraham Lincoln. Williams was a moderate abolitionist who wanted to keep the peace, but when war came he would not compromise with the south and issued the emancipation proclamation.

Jeremiah Williams - Abraham Lincoln. Williams was a moderate abolitionist who wanted to keep the peace, but when war came he would not compromise with the south and issued the emancipation proclamation.

((And that is where the similarities end, seeing as how Lincoln wanted to let the south off easy, where you basically went in to destroy them.))

((I take a lot of factors into account when assigning historical leader to our characters. I choose Polk for Cameron mostly because Polk WAS popular in the South, and mildly in the North, because of his appeal of Manifest Destiny, Texas for the South, "54-40 Or Fight!" for the North. For Williams, I updated my list. He isn't Honest Abe, in my opinion anyway.))

((And that is where the similarities end, seeing as how Lincoln wanted to let the south off easy, where you basically went in to destroy them.))

Lincoln had a harsh war strategy, no softer than Williams in this AAR. Williams did not impose a harsh reconstruction. He appointed Jamous to lead reconstruction.

((No way in hell is Williams Abe Lincoln.))

((I never really related Polk and Cameron, primarily because Polk was unpopular whereas Cameron is still probably the most popular President of the AAR.))

(( How do you figure that? I've only ever heard you say that. Going by that scale isn't Arthur King more popular, as at least he had someone that wasn't him calling him the best president ever? ))

((John F. Cameron was probably the best president in this AAR, and I say that as someone who tried to unseat him twice.))