• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will not ignore the issue, I have no death wish for this Union. I am a proud Virginian, but my loyalty is to the Union first. I will compromise where compromise is possible and do my best to preserve the Union should I become president, and if the war proves inevitable I will not fight for the North or South, but for the Union. I will use every method, every skill, every scrap of strngh I have to hold this Union together, till death do me part.

You may not ignore the issues, but unless you act upon information acquired from lack of ignorance as you have so pledged then you may as well live in ignorance, at least then you are given an excuse when your inaction causes disaster.

I do not question your love of the Union, however I resent your use of that love as a sheild for the defense of your political impotence on the issue of slavery.

You may not ignore the issues, but unless you act upon information acquired from lack of ignorance as you have so pledged then you may as well live in ignorance, at least then you are given an excuse when your inaction causes disaster.

I do not question your love of the Union, however I resent your use of that love as a sheild for the defense of your political impotence on the issue of slavery.

We shall not be inactive on the issue of slavery. The most important thing with this issue is to NOT destroy the Union. A path that leads to war, no matter what path it is, is not the best path for our nation. Now is the time for prosperity and economic development not death. Now is the time for a slow phasing out slavery policy not forcing something upon the south. Radical voices may not be in control, but they definitely have a voice, and a position within parties. We must not listen to such radicals as their actions will destroy the Union. President Cameron, you of all people know what casulty lists do to a President. Our policy is one that gives us the best chance of avoiding another terrible event.

My position and Kerrs was/is that slavery should be gradually phased out, my point is that Walsh doesn't believe the same, despite his rhetoric. He is staunchly for the status-quo. That attitude is what will lead us to destruction.

I enjoy these types of threads, so I want to join as a contributor.

Name: Max Mandrake
Colonel, 14th Hoosier Infantry, United States Army

Born in 1818 to farmers in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Max grew up farming and hunting as any typical boy in the "Midwest". In 1835, he moved from the family farm to newly established Indianapolis seeking adventure, but ended up apprenticing for a local gunsmith. In 1840, due to stirrings of nationalism and growing tensions with Mexico, Max Mandrake joined the 14th Hoosier Infantry Regiment, attaining the rank of sergeant before his unit was mobilized and Max took his first train ride, going to Texas at the beginning of the Mexican War. During the disastrous Battle of Laredo, Max distinguished himself by rescuing a heavily wounded major being hauled back to enemy lines by Mexican infantry. For his gallantry in killing the enemy single-handedly and bearing the wounded officer over 300 meters back to friendly lines under heavy fire, Sergeant Mandrake was given a field-grade promotion to 2nd Lieutenant.
Due to attrition, his notoriety, and merit, Lieutenant Mandrake quickly found himself promoted to Major in command of a company. During the battle of Coyotes the commanding officer of the 14th Hoosier Infantry was grievously wounded and Mandrake was given a battlefield promotion to Colonel, commanding the regiment.
With the close of the Mexican War, 31 year-old Mandrake remains a pragmatic career soldier, staunchly supportive of the Union, but with a can-do compromise attitude.

Since I'm time for the election, I cast my vote for the Democratic Party, and am ready to serve my country.

Last edited:
I enjoy these types of threads, so I want to join as a contributor.

Name: Max Mandrake
Colonel, 14th Hoosier Infantry, United States Army

Born in 1818 to farmers in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Max grew up farming and hunting as any typical boy in the "Midwest". In 1835, he moved from the family farm to newly established Indianapolis seeking adventure, but ended up apprenticing for a local gunsmith. In 1840, due to stirrings of nationalism and growing tensions with Mexico, Max Mandrake joined the 14th Hoosier Infantry Regiment, attaining the rank of sergeant before his unit was mobilized and Max took his first train ride, going to Texas at the beginning of the Mexican War. During the disastrous Battle of Laredo, Max distinguished himself by rescuing a heavily wounded major being hauled back to enemy lines by Mexican infantry. For his gallantry in killing the enemy single-handedly and bearing the wounded officer over 300 meters back to friendly lines under heavy fire, Sergeant Mandrake was awarded the Medal of Honor and given a field-grade promotion to 2nd Lieutenant.
Due to attrition, his notoriety, and merit, Lieutenant Mandrake quickly found himself promoted to Major in command of a company. During the battle of Coyotes the commanding officer of the 14th Hoosier Infantry was grievously wounded and Mandrake was given a battlefield promotion to Colonel, commanding the regiment.
With the close of the Mexican War, 31 year-old Mandrake remains a pragmatic career soldier, staunchly supportive of the Union, but with a can-do compromise attitude.

Since I'm time for the election, I cast my vote for the Democratic Party, and am ready to serve my country.

Ah, Colonel Mandrake, I remember signing that field promotion for you. I'm glad to see you have made the right decision in voting for Mr. Walsh.

Ah, Colonel Mandrake, I remember signing that field promotion for you. I'm glad to see you have made the right decision in voting for Mr. Walsh.

Always a pleasure to hear from you again, General! I trust you are well. With God's aid we shall triumph in this election and make strides to end this senseless strife within the Union.

Always a pleasure to hear from you again, General! I trust you are well. With God's aid we shall triumph in this election and make strides to end this senseless strife within the Union.

And the same to you, but if you may, I shall only be adressed as Mr. Khur now that I have resigned from the Army. Retirement is now what I expected it would be, but I too didn't expect for the Whigs to have been in office for this long either. But with good men like you, we shall be able to hold the Union together!

Whats the Current Vote Count?

Kerr: 8
Walsh: 9

(Unoffical)

I counted
Walsh: 10
Kerr: 8

this is the closest one yet?

((Indeed, It seems like the final collapse of my party may have tipped the scales away from the whigs))

((But I think we qualify as the most succesful third Party in US history))

((Indeed, It seems like the final collapse of my party may have tipped the scales away from the whigs))

((But I think we qualify as the most succesful third Party in US history))

Let us not forget about the shift in voting that has been brought upon by the Military Personel voting to keep their jobs. Colonel Mandrake is proof enough of this.

Let us not forget about the shift in voting that has been brought upon by the Military Personel voting to keep their jobs. Colonel Mandrake is proof enough of this.

either way, Hopefully the era of whig dominance is over

((Let's kick-start into modern American politics with a Fascist-Liberal two party system! :D))

((America can into Fascism?)) :D

((BRAAAIINNS, BRAINS BRAINS BRABRAINS BRAINS))

But seriously, Fine, I vote for What's his face: Ummm. Walsh! I think.