• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Citizens of the Confederacy,

Only today was I given word from the Yankee President that he has so far refused our Right to Secede from the United States, but he has at the same time called us The Confederacy and the Confederate States of America! This is a clear sign of de facto recognition by the Yankee President. From this point on, I proclaim our Southern Republic has recognition as a break-away rebel nation from the United States of America. Like the great Southerners before us, General Washington and President Jefferson before us, we will lead our nation into Freedom and bring about international help and recognition of the Great Powers of this planet. With our Southern Cotton, we can pursue the nations of the world out cause is necessary for the triumph of State's Rights and the Freedom of an Agrarian Society!

God Save the Confederate States!
President J. Davis

Last edited:

Only today was I given word from the Yankee President that he has so far refused our Right to Secede from the United States, but he has at the same time called us The Confederacy and the Confederate States of America! This is a clear sign of de facto recognition by the Yankee President. From this point on, I proclaim our Southern Republic has recognition as a break-away rebel nation from the United States of America. Like the great Southerners before us, General Washington and President Jefferson before us, we will lead our nation into Freedom and bring about international help and recognition of the Great Powers of this planet. With our Southern Cotton, we can pursue the nations of the world out cause is necessary for the triumph of State's Rights and the Freedom of an Agrarian Society!

President Davis

I clearly stated the the illegal CSA will not be recognized as a lawful nation. I used those terms to describe the traitorous institutions that you are the head of.
Mr. Davis, you will not be treated as a head of state by the USA, but as a traitor and will be hung when caught.

I, Nicolas Khur here by official give my support to President Williams and the Union against the illegal secession of the Southern States. I also offer up my name as nomination to President Williams as Supreme Commander of all Troops against the South. I would also advise that the voices of such radicals as Brass and his ilk be ignored and that a total war not be waged against the South. We must treAt them as the citizens that they are, and that any and all reconstruction once this war is won will do more to reintegrate the South back into the Union than shove it even more away. I shall also integrate the loyal elements of the SNM into my personal unit and bodyguard once I return to the field.

President Davis

As General In Chief, I Suggest that we too enact Conscription Mr. President. All White Males between the ages of of 20 and 35 should do at first. And All Males 16-20 and 35-60 Be Required by law to join the SNM but they remain at thier homes, at least for now. The Term of Conscription should be until the end of the war at which point we can draft up something else to replace it. I Also suggest that as much gold and foriegn capital as possible should be secured to back the New Confederate Dollar.

Edit: Ill be Typing up all my sugested bills in a seperate post.

I clearly stated the the illegal CSA will not be recognized as a lawful nation. I used those terms to describe the traitorous institutions that you are the head of.
Mr. Davis, you will not be treated as a head of state by the USA, but as a traitor and will be hung when caught.

((During this time period if you mentioned the CSA or Confederacy by name, this was De Facto recognition. You used the word CSA and Confederacy, something Lincoln did not do, nor did members of his Administration. They called them "The Enemy" "Rebels" "Secessionists" but any Government Official never addressed them as the Confederacy, doing so would all but prove they see them as another Nation. Legal Definitions. I know 'em all.))

General Order 001
Confederate States of America

Hereby exclaiming the Defense of the Nation should be achieved, by General Order of the Confederate Congress and President of the Confederate States, I do allocate the following;​

1. All Able-Bodied Men of the Confederacy are to be Conscripted for Military Service be it they are between the Ages of Twenty Years and Thirty-Five Years.
2. All Able-Bodied Men of the Confederacy are to be Conscripted into the Southern Nation Militia, but confined to their Homes, unless they sign up for Military Service Independently, if they are between the Ages of Sixteen to Nineteen. As well as the Ages of Thirty-Six to Sixty-Five.
3. These Conscription's Shall last for the Duration of the War, or Until the Confederate Congress sees fit to Disband them.
4. Should these Able-Bodied Men not wish to serve, they can either Pay a Fine of 5 Gold Dollars or find a Suitable Replacement.
5. All Steamers Capable of More than 12 Knots are Requisitioned As Blockade Runners or Commerce Raiders
6. Any Plantation owner who so wishes may volunteer to lead his slaves as a regiment, with them to receive their freedom after the war and the Plantation Owner receiving 500 Confederate Dollars per slave.
7. Any Non-Able Bodied Man who cannot serve due to medical conditions or otherwise can be conscripted into the Military Hospital Corps.
8. The Confederate Congress will allocate the release of 2 Million Gold Dollars to print 4 Million Paper Dollars to fund the Southern Republic.

220px-Seal_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America.png

Last edited:
((During this time period if you mentioned the CSA or Confederacy by name, this was De Facto recognition. You used the word CSA and Confederacy, something Lincoln did not do, nor did members of his Administration. They called them "The Enemy" "Rebels" "Secessionists" but any Government Official never addressed them as the Confederacy, doing so would all but prove they see them as another Nation. Legal Definitions. I know 'em all.))

((that was my error then. I was using the terms for ease of reference. That is why I said the CSA occupied states, when I should of said rebel occupied. I purposely did not say the states of the CSA))

((I'M BACK. Guess I need to create a new character, with Parker being dead))

Name: Eric Johnson
Office: Senator from Maryland
Party affiliation: irrelevant, with all parties having apparently collapsed.
Date of Birth: 1810
Background: The son of a Baltimore merchant family, Eric Johnson attended the US Naval Academy at Annapolis, graduating in 1832. Johnson would remain in the Navy through the Mexican war, resigning his commission in 1852 to take care of his family after his older brother's death. In 1856, Johnson would enter politics as an independent.

Veiws on Succession: "My fellow Marylanders, long have we regarded ourselves as part of the South. In living memory, we held slaves ourselves. In peacefully relinquishing our slaves, we have proven that it is, in fact, possible to transition from a slave-holding aristocratic society to a society where all men are free. Those southern states which attempt to succeede from our ever-glorious Union in order to defend their cherished Peculiar Institution are over-reacting. These rash actions threaten to destroy our august nation."-excerpt from a speech in Annapolis, July 1858

Bills! Bills! Bills!

The National Wartime Conscription Act​

Rendered Irrelevant by Addendums to General Order No: 001

The Railroad and Commerce Requisition Act​

-All Riverboats and Railways are loaned to the Southern government for the Duration of the War.
-All Telegraph Lines and Offices are now nationalized under the Department of War
-All cotton bales are to be stockpiled in major southern ports to be used as a Diplomatic bargaining chip

The Capital Requisition Act​

-Any Person owning over 12 ounces in gold shall surrender the Excess to the Confederate Government for use to back the COnfederate Dollar
-Any Foriegn Currency, Including US Dollars, in the COnfederate States is to be requisitioned to back the Confederate Dollar.
-The Southern National Mint be established in Charleston South Carolina

I Submit these Bills to the Southern Government

(I Suggest that President Davis Incorporate Certain Elements of My first bill into his General Order)

Last edited:
((I'M BACK. Guess I need to create a new character, with Parker being dead))

Name: Eric Johnson
Office: Senator from Maryland
Party affiliation: irrelevant, with all parties having apparently collapsed.
Date of Birth: 1810
Background: The son of a Baltimore merchant family, Eric Johnson attended the US Naval Academy at Annapolis, graduating in 1832. Johnson would remain in the Navy through the Mexican war, resigning his commission in 1852 to take care of his family after his older brother's death. In 1856, Johnson would enter politics as an independent.

Veiws on Succession: "My fellow Marylanders, long have we regarded ourselves as part of the South. In living memory, we held slaves ourselves. In peacefully relinquishing our slaves, we have proven that it is, in fact, possible to transition from a slave-holding aristocratic society to a society where all men are free. Those southern states which attempt to succeede from our ever-glorious Union in order to defend their cherished Peculiar Institution are over-reacting. These rash actions threaten to destroy our august nation."-excerpt from a speech in Annapolis, July 1858

((Really in this Timeline Seccesion wasn't really about Slavery but Southern Nationalism, and as a Southerner I Like it :D))

((Its Kin of ironic that the Confederacy has Seceeded on the 4th of July. But I Like Irony, it gives you more legitimacy sometimes)

Last edited:
Message to all loyal Americans living in rebel occupied territory​

I urge all to resist conscription by the rebel armies. The US Army will accept all Americans who wish to fight for the nation against the rebels. If you are in a rebel occupied territory but are loyal to the USA, you are urged to join the US Army and fight for your nation.

((Its Kin of ironic that the Confederacy has Seceeded on the 4th of July. But I Like Irony, it gives you more legitimacy sometimes)

((I've been waiting for someone else to notice that as well :p))

Swift action must be made Mr President! What are your orders? Allow me to form up our Command Staff and we will be marching across the Virginian and Kentucky borders within the week! I would also recommend that the navy take up a blockading position around the Souther States' coast to prevent the continued selling of cotton to support their rebellion.

Message to all loyal Americans living in rebel occupied territory​

I urge all to resist conscription by the rebel armies. The US Army will accept all Americans who wish to fight for the nation against the rebels. If you are in a rebel occupied territory but are loyal to the USA, you are urged to join the US Army and fight for your nation.

The Southern Peoples are United in thier Defaince of the Yakee Jackboot! If any soldier happens to Capture a traitorous Coward who defects to the Opressive Yankee state he shall be rewarded with double pay for that month and the captured coward is to sent back to the north on foot with a sign shackled around his neck. the Sign shall read "A Traitor to his Homeland, a Servant of Opression"

Swift action must be made Mr President! What are your orders? Allow me to form up our Command Staff and we will be marching across the Virginian and Kentucky borders within the week! I would also recommend that the navy take up a blockading position around the Souther States' coast to prevent the continued selling of cotton to support their rebellion.

((It Seems the CSA has inherited the old SNP's hyper efficiency in times of crises. The Bumbling North has yet to issue real orders))

I appoint Gen. Khur as the senior military officer. I order the US Navy to form a blockade of rebel occupied ports. The general orders for our military are to reoccupy all of the states in our great nation and destroy the rebel armies.

Deleted